Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 07:01 PM       
Hey Fartin guess who I am

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 07:08 PM       
The greatest guilt today is that of people who accept collectivism by moral default; the people who seek protection from the necessity of taking a stand, by refusing to admit to themselves the nature of that which they are accepting; the people who support plans specifically designed to achieve serfdom, but hide behind the empty assertion that they are lovers of freedom, with no concrete meaning attached to the word; the people who believe that the content of ideas need not be examined, that principles need not be defined, and that facts can be eliminated by keeping one's eyes shut. They expect, when they find themselves in a world of bloody ruins and concentration camps, to escape moral responsibility by wailing: "I'm a faggot that has nothing better to do"
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 07:10 PM       
ayn rand, ladies and gentlemen
Location: In that place where i didnt know where we were before
Comrade Rocket is probably a spambot
Old Oct 27th, 2006, 02:33 AM       
our display xbox was busted so we put in a ps2 with FF7 Dirge of Cerberius.

I can now tell peoples judgement from how they react to that game.

if they like it, they have horrible taste.

STORY TIME...

today it was pretty slow. Ultimate alliance was in the 360 so i decided to play. I got past the first mission and was pretty far into the second one. I had unlocked Cap Americas classic costume and deadpools ultimate costume, and i had been working on a iron man and wolverine. Overall i had prolly been playing for like 2 hours.

So then this guy comes in. He looked a bit strange. His clothes were covered in paint but his arms and face were clean and he had a really bad smell about him. He comes in and asks what im playing. Eager to try out the multiplayer i gave him a controller and had him dial in. He was wolverine and i was deadpool. I had gotten stuck when he came in, and i figured two minds would be able to find it out easier than 1.

thats when he did it. after like maybe 3 minutes of running around he hits the start button to bring up the menu. I was a bit annoyed, but i figured that he wanted to check out his character. NO, he goes all the way down to quit game and exits out to the main menu.

I was shocked. At first i said, "oh, you quit our game." thinking he would hop back in. He then went so far as to start and new game and OVERWRITE THE GAME I WAS PLAYING.

FUCK SHIT FUCK GOD DAMNIT

so i put down my controller and started working on some store stuff i had to take care of. He looked around a bit and bascially acted real shady. He had to know what he did. Then when i walked over he ran off. He was trying to turn off the system from the controller for whatever reason.

i was freaking angry. we are not suppost to save games, but we can get away with it on the xbox's because of the hard drive. I really dont want to go through the couple hours again. I think this a-hole just ruined the game for me.
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Oct 27th, 2006, 09:59 AM       
that was someone undercover checking up on you and making sure you weren't just playing games

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Oct 27th, 2006, 05:33 PM       
Agreed. You got mystery shopped. I did on my 3rd day at my job o .o
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Oct 27th, 2006, 05:42 PM       
do they really do that? D:
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 27th, 2006, 08:57 PM       
Yeah, there's an ad on the radio where I live for some agency that has people going all over the place, department stores, video game stores, rental places, et cetera. I was thinking that'd an easy job, but I don't want to end up like that painted guy.

red8ge is probably a spambot
Old Oct 27th, 2006, 09:13 PM       
I'd work at a game store..but i wouldn't want to deal with a thousand little brats.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Oct 29th, 2006, 12:58 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero
I was thinking that'd an easy job, but I don't want to end up like that painted guy.
Violent J?
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 29th, 2006, 03:11 PM       
Shaggy 2-Dope.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Oct 29th, 2006, 03:23 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero
I was thinking that'd an easy job, but I don't want to end up like that painted guy.
Sting?
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 29th, 2006, 03:43 PM       
JIMMY KING.
Mocker
thebiggameover is probably a spambot
Old Oct 30th, 2006, 02:10 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade Rocket
His clothes were covered in paint but his arms and face were clean and he had a really bad smell about him. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasill
The same reason I don't hit kids, i'm not 100% sure thier mine.
Archduke Tips is probably a spambot
Old Oct 30th, 2006, 06:06 PM       
Okay, just bear with this story and it will get video game related eventually...

I needed to get a haircut so I went to the mall. I found the local haircut place, and figuring it might be overpriced I walked up to the counter and asked the lady there, "How much for a haircut?"

So she responds, "Sorry, we are all booked."

I turn around to leave and then she says, "Oh wait, we can get you in about 20 minutes."

So I ask again, "How much is it?"

Ignoring me she says, "So do you want to get the haircut in 20 minutes?"

Me, "Um.... maybe... I still need to know how much it costs?"

Then she just stood there not saying anything for about half a minute before she said, "$22."

So I decided to keep my hair and buy guitar hero instead. ROCK ON.
Old Oct 31st, 2006, 03:15 PM       
bad news gang

so i forgot to write down some stuff in the 45 minutes of paperwork i have to do everynight and i didnt rearrange all the nintendo games even tho the coworker who told me to do it could have done it himself, or at least helped me so i got written up. But my boss was cool about it and said i had a verbal warning. So i was a little mad but then i came in yesterday and my boss set me aside and said that the store looked awful the other day. Saying i didnt sweep, i didnt wipe down the counters and i didnt fill holes in the new product... even tho i remember doing it specifically. This combined with some other stuff made our boss come up with a new HORRIBLE rule...

no more video games, on the clock.

WTF, thats like telling someone they can look at the car but they cant drive it. So all they have to tell them is how cool it looks. He said that i can play games on my 10 minute breaks (which i never get anyways) or my 30 minute lunch (where my brain is concentrated on food anyways). He then went on to say my friend couldnt visit me while i was working, Which is also riduculious because they are my friends, but they are also my customers, and by not letting them coming in while i work he is taking money outta our hands. (RUN ON)

Buhhda brought me a taco the other day and my boss took her outside and yelled at her about it. I think he said that shes not allowed to come over while im on the clock or something like that. SHE WORKS IN THE SAME FUCKING BUILDING.

Im going to give him sometime. He is going through a divorce. He just got his own place. So he isnt going to be spending so much time at work. Also the higherups are putting a lot of pressure on him so as a result he is putting pressure on me. Ill let it go for a little while because honestly i like this job, and i really want to stay here. But if this shit continues i can find another job easily.

TL;DR- Boss makes shitty rules.
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Oct 31st, 2006, 03:53 PM       
was the lack of paperwork and store untidiness a result of playing games on the job? if not, that sucks, if so, get back to work! :P

no way we would have that rule, mainly as my manager will be playing guitar hero II most of the working day once its out

Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Oct 31st, 2006, 05:52 PM       
Hey Comrade Rocket I've got a question that you, sir, will be able to answer! My Gameboy SP is in fairly good condition, I got it in the summer of '05 and I probably got about 100 hours of gameplay on it, if that. With the charger, how much could I sell this for at a real store (I don't want to get the internet involved )?

Level 29 ♂
Old Oct 31st, 2006, 05:56 PM       
About 15 dollars.
Old Oct 31st, 2006, 07:46 PM       
wtf

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 31st, 2006, 08:13 PM       
You'll get more credit if you go to mom and pop game shops, at least, it's that way where I live.
Old Oct 31st, 2006, 08:24 PM       
I wish Funcoland didn't turn into fucking GameStop

Level 29 ♂
Old Oct 31st, 2006, 09:48 PM       
Funcoland was a piece of sh*t too.

And yeah, you'd get 15 bucks for the thing if you're lucky. You'd be better off selling it to an independent, like Fathom said.
Old Nov 1st, 2006, 12:16 AM       
I sold my Game Boy Color to Funcoland for about 35 bucks a while back. :/

I don't know of any independent game stores. Everyone around here is all BIG BUSINESS.

Amazon.com Marketplace is selling for as low as 52 bucks, but no one would ever buy from me there is the problem.

Fuck man I just want a DS

Old Nov 1st, 2006, 12:37 AM       
considering we were selling the SPs for like 30 bucks, i think that 15 bucks is a rip off on both ends.

i just found out that used DS bricks dropped down to 70 bucks and used DS lites (we got a used one in, i really want it) were 109.

i hate not having any money for games.

also, the unfinished paperwork and other stuff had nothing to do with me playing games. 30 mins before we close i have to clean up the shop. If im playing a game i stop right where i am and start cleaning.

It was awful today, i had like 5 customers between 6 and 9 and not being able to play games made it DRAG. But we got in a book about getting a job in the video game industry with illustrations by the penny-arcade guy. It was really informative but there is really no point in buying it because it has something like 50 jobs but really you only quallify for one or two.

Game retail is in it, and it got it dead on. Also Quality Assurance (ie game testers) is a really sucky job that pays barely the same wage as me or a guy who works at nationwide burgers.

im thinking about trying to be a designer tho. Then you can all play my games.