Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 24th, 2008, 10:48 PM       
I'm sure the Argentinians are saying the same about their Olympic Llama-curling team.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 24th, 2008, 11:10 PM       
You may already be there.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 29th, 2008, 10:00 PM       
US sprinter Tyson Gay ran a heavily wind aided 9.68s 100m to qualify for the Smog Olympics. NCAA champion Walter Dix placed second with a time of 10.80s

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 29th, 2008, 10:09 PM       
How do they calculate wind assistance? Because the world record 100m is 9.72s
Näyttelijäbotti!
Old Jun 29th, 2008, 10:10 PM       
Maybe if I clicked your link.

Quote:
His time of 9.68 seconds at the U.S. Olympic trials Sunday doesn't count as a world record, because it was run with the help of a too-strong tailwind. Here's what does matter: Gay qualified for his first Summer Games team and served notice he's certainly someone to watch in Beijing.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 30th, 2008, 08:45 PM       
I'm a huge Track and Field fan so needless to say I'm very excited for the sprints this year as Gay will have to contend with the strong Jamaican duo of Bolt and Powell. Earlier in the prelims, Gay ran a new American record in 9.77, breaking the great Maurice Green's record of 9.79.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 30th, 2008, 10:13 PM       
I'm one of those idiots that watches as much of the Olympics as possible, not just to watch the US win medals, but to look at the sporting events we don't get a chance to watch too much on network TV - kayaking, diving, field hockey, wrestling, volleyball ... etc.

I like variety, godammit. There, I said it, and I feel better now.

I agree, WR, the US team is stacked this year in track and field - it should be very interesting to watch some of the longer distance races as well as the 1500m and less, where we traditionally do well.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 08:27 AM       
Now I am hearing that China is having an algae alert caused by their excessive pollution that might effect on some of the water based events. They supposedly had to hire 10000 workers to start clening up the water.

You know you have too much pollution when Los Angeles says, "Damn, that place is freaking polluted" :P
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 4th, 2008, 07:35 PM       
It's green like a leprechaun green, too. I think we should turn it into some alternative fuel or something. There's stacks of the stuff like 30 feet in the air.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 5th, 2008, 08:48 AM       
They could always do what Chicago did with Lake Michigan and stock it with zebra mollusks.

Of course, now they have too many zebra mollusks and the water is an unnatural blue as a result
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jul 6th, 2008, 07:24 AM       
Tyson Gay blows out a hamstring during his 200 heat. Shit.

It may only be a cramp, but it looked mighty painful and scary.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jul 8th, 2008, 06:47 PM       
Is anyone going to be attending the Olympics?
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 8th, 2008, 07:00 PM       
i'm going to the olympics

Spoilers!
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jul 8th, 2008, 10:44 PM       
Hahaha, it took a minute.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Old Jul 9th, 2008, 10:36 PM       
Quote:
Members of the Australian Olympic soccer team are disappointed goal-keeper Danny Vukovic will not be joining them in Beijing.
The Central Coast player has been banned from all international matches until October 5 after he slapped a referee during the A-League final in February.
The 23-year-old lost his place in the Olyroos squad after the Court of Arbitration for Sport yesterday dismissed his appeal against the ban.
Olyroos goal-keeper Tando Velaphi says Vukovic will be missed.
The highlighted text made me lol three times.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jul 11th, 2008, 11:46 PM       
Basketball is pretty boring. :/
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jul 12th, 2008, 10:41 PM       
I'm holding out for Olympic Lacrosse!
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jul 13th, 2008, 12:40 PM       
Yes, and Olympic Field Hockey, Olympic Ping Pong and Olympic Team Handball (I think it was dropped a few quadrennia ago). Not to mention Rhythmic Gymnastics and Synchronized Swimming. I've neer seen Lacrosse EVER, and I'm an Olympics Junkie(TM). If I'm wrong, please edumacate me.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Jul 13th, 2008 at 12:42 PM. Reason: It's hard to type with an infant on your knees.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jul 14th, 2008, 01:07 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
It [Olympic Lacrosse] was just one of those things that seems like it ought to exist
Well, it turns out it did, if you believe Wikipedia - it was dropped in 1908, when only two countries fielded teams. Apparently, it was brought back as a demo sport three times, but the latest was even before my time - 1948.

As for me, I really enjoy sculling and water polo. Bring on the games!
Näyttelijäbotti!
Old Jul 14th, 2008, 07:20 PM       
SKATASTIC
Old Jul 14th, 2008, 08:16 PM       
They need to drop Rhythmic Trampoline if they haven't already.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jul 14th, 2008, 09:49 PM       
I think Pistorius has one more chance to qualify for the RSA Olympic Team. I'm with Pub, I think it would be awesome to see him run against the likes of Merritt and Wariner. Even if he gets thrashed, he still wins.