Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 02:09 PM       
China claims it's managed to clear the algae from the water around Qingdao, well the parts to be raced on.
They just made people do it. It's a pretty good resource, thousands of people willing to do a shitty job.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 08:56 PM       
Or else ...
You may already be there.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 09:22 PM       
NO POLITICS IN THE SPORTS FORUM!
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 06:55 AM       
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jul 27th, 2008, 11:56 PM       
This Olympics is shaping up to be quite interesting, apart from the whole political angle (sorry Pub). Apparently South Africa will be sending an amputee to the games (single) - a swimmer in the women's 10K marathon.

Plus, as I recently found out, Team Handball is still an Olympic event, much to my surprise. (The US still failed to qualify in either the men's or women's events.) For me, I'm awaiting full, real-time coverage of synchronized diving, rhythmic gymnastics and the hammer throw.

I know .... I need help.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jul 28th, 2008, 11:08 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
The hammer throw is neat to look at though
Yes, it is.

I have this vision of a Bulgarian or Romanian teeing it up in the circle, whirling around at breakneck speed only to have the cord break just before release, and the weight breaking through the netting and flying off into the crowd. YouTube would have a field day (no pun intended).

I'm sure this happened once or twice in competition, before the invention of Kevlar.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Old Jul 29th, 2008, 06:20 PM       
Marina Erakovic has been knocked out in the first round of both of the tournaments she's played since Wimbledon, so it doesn't look like she'll manage much going into Beijing.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jul 29th, 2008, 09:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Lover View Post
Marina Erakovic has been knocked out in the first round of both of the tournaments she's played since Wimbledon, so it doesn't look like she'll manage much going into Beijing.
Best to keep expectations low - unlike the general expectations for the US basketball team.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Old Jul 29th, 2008, 09:31 PM       
NZ had a man come third in the 1500 metres at the Monaco Super Grand Prix, he was behind two Kenyans.

Wow, the Russian female pole vault champion managed to raise her (and the world's) record by a centimetre!
Maybe that really is amazing if you have no idea how long a CM is?
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jul 30th, 2008, 05:16 AM       
About |------| that much.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 30th, 2008, 07:45 PM       
it's like a hundred meters, right? so, about as long as my couch?
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 3rd, 2008, 11:06 PM       
The Olympics are nothing more than an elaborate scheme to trap our athletes:
http://www.theonion.com/content/vide...ics_are_they_a
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 9th, 2008, 07:42 AM       
http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/bei...yhoo&type=lgns

So France's Alain Bernard had the following to say about the US Olympic swimming team.

“The Americans? We’re going to smash them. That’s what we came here for.”

If by, "smash", you mean, "surrender to", then sure, I believe you
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 9th, 2008, 12:25 PM       
The French Swim Team is exceptionally strong - it comes from all that practice of raising their arms over their heads.

In other news, the US Women's Sabre team just swept the medal podium. Hoo Rah!

(I know, I need help ...)
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 9th, 2008, 01:53 PM       
Am I a pervert for watching women's beach volleyball in HD?
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 9th, 2008, 02:02 PM       
Nope, I'm dvr'ing it right now.

Also, I was really impressed with the opening ceremony. I only saw about an hour of it but I was wowed.

Last edited by 10,000 Volt Ghost : Aug 9th, 2008 at 02:08 PM. Reason: opening ceremony
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 9th, 2008, 09:45 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
Am I a pervert for watching women's beach volleyball in HD?
Hell no - Women's (enter practically any sport here) rocks!

Except for weightlifting.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Old Aug 9th, 2008, 10:24 PM       
Women's Weightlifing is the only one I've managed to see so far, and it was great.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 10th, 2008, 12:38 PM       
Sing it with me and Pub:

"Now, the world don't move to the beat of just one drum,
What might be right for you, may not be right for some.
A man is born, he's a man of means.
Then along come two, they got nothing but their jeans.

But they got, Diff'rent Strokes.
It takes, Diff'rent Strokes.
It takes, Diff'rent Strokes to move the world.

Everybody's got a special kind of story
Everybody finds a way to shine,
It don't matter that you got not alot
So what,
They'll have theirs, and you'll have yours, and I'll have mine.
And together we'll be fine....

Because it takes, Diff'rent Strokes to move the world.
Yes it does.
It takes, Diff'rent Strokes to move the world. "
Näyttelijäbotti!
Old Aug 10th, 2008, 01:27 PM       
Why am I meant to know that song? What is it from?

Also, the first five minutes of the US vs China basketball was great.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 10th, 2008, 01:50 PM       
I was watching men's beach volleyball. China vs Austria. It seemed to me not only were American commentators overdubbing the announcing but also the songs they were playing over the overhead speakers. I'm pretty damn sure in a China vs. Austria game they're not going to be playing "Pretty Fly for a White Guy" and then "Beer" by Reel Big Fish. Anyone else notice this or thinks its awkward?
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 10th, 2008, 03:53 PM       
Why don't the men wear slinky speedos like the women for beach volleyball? Not that it matters much to me, but some of us (and you know who you are!) might like to see a little beefcake.