Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 11th, 2008, 11:39 PM       
How dominant is Michael Phelps? I just saw the 200 Freestyle final. At the start he was a half-body-length ahead of the field. (The Swiss swimmer kept up for about a lap, but faded quickly.) After each turn, he gained another half-length, and kept it going for 200 meters. He swam the race in world record time, beating the silver medalist (Park, from S. Korea) by nearly 2 seconds.

One word. Wow.
You may already be there.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 11th, 2008, 11:51 PM       
I fully expect him to reach his goal of the most golds at a single Olympics.

In your face, Mark Spitz. :spitsinspitzface
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 12th, 2008, 05:33 AM       
I think it is jacked up that the Olympic's didn't invite Spitz to witness it. He says he wants to be there and fully believes it is going to happen, he even wanted to be the one to give Phelps the medals he is going to win.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 12th, 2008, 03:37 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
[... Spitz] even wanted to be the one to give Phelps the medals he is going to win.
I don't have a problem with that. Former olympic champions don't typically hand out the next olympic victors' medals, do they? It would, have been nice, I guess, to have Spitz present at the "Cube" for Phelps' last race, just in case. But that didn't happen.

Seriously, if the USOC wants to, they can have Mark and Mike pose next to each other, each with all their golds around their neck (à la the Post Olympics SI cover from '72). But frankly, that would be a little cheesy.

Or maybe a lot cheesy. :wisconsin
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 12th, 2008, 03:50 PM       
Erakovic got knocked out in round one. The game was delayed for three days due to rain, but it didn't help her any. Next up, her losing in round one of the US Open.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Aug 13th, 2008, 05:27 PM       
Stuff like this is what makes weightlifting interesting. I mean it sucks to be him and all but...

Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 13th, 2008, 06:42 PM       
Who wants to start praying to Michael Phelps?
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 14th, 2008, 07:59 PM       
Them china men are up to no good:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...sts/index.html
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 14th, 2008, 10:45 PM       
Not to take anything away from Phelps but doesn't the U.S. have some radical new swimsuit technology? I still think he would beat the competition but I'm not sure if he would still be clubbing the records like he is.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
I think time goes faster in China. So by next year the same gymnast is going to at least be 19.

Last edited by 10,000 Volt Ghost : Aug 14th, 2008 at 10:47 PM. Reason: added hilarity
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 14th, 2008, 10:53 PM       
You are not mistaken. I believe (Adidas maybe?) made suits that force the body into a more aerodynamic shape. Critics are calling it 'preformance enhancement clothing'
Beloved Cunt
Old Aug 14th, 2008, 11:16 PM       
I thought other countries had access to the suit as well? I always thought that Adiddas wasn't an American exclusive when it came to making money.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 14th, 2008, 11:41 PM       
It's the LZR suit from Speedo, and yes, they are more than happy to supply it to anyone who wants it. The only people complaining about performance enhancement clothing are the other swimsuit manufacturers, and of course, those teams that are contractually obligated to wear suits of different manufacture.

It's a pretty fine line. I seem to remember there was a type of pole that was deemed illegal for pole vaulting - I think it had better shape memory or something, which gave it better snap at the same weight. However, in this case there was independent testing conducted by labs reporting to the Swimming Committee (I don't know the official name) that showed that the advantage was statistically non-meaningful.

And there is, of course, the Placebo Effect - if you believe the suit gives you an advantage, then you perform as if it does.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 15th, 2008, 04:08 PM       
Well then...GO U.S.A.
Beloved Cunt
Old Aug 16th, 2008, 10:55 AM       
Yeah, that was pretty impressive. From the naked eye it's extremely difficult to tell who won.

I'm more interested in the sprinting/mid distance events of track than the other sports. Tyson Gay finished 4th in the 100 semi's failing to qualify for the finals. Guess his hamstring injury might have set him back just a bit. Usain Bolt of Jamaica won the Gold and shattered his previous world record of 9.72s with a 9.69s. American Walter Dix of FSU finished with the Bronze. I really like Dix because during the Olympic Qualifiers he turned down several sponsorship offers and chose to remain an amateur, running in his FSU singlet instead of being plastered with sponsors.
Beloved Cunt
Old Aug 16th, 2008, 09:30 PM       

This little bitch got his metal taken away. What a god damn cry baby.
Beloved Cunt
Old Aug 16th, 2008, 11:13 PM       

Phelps is a god
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Aug 17th, 2008, 02:13 AM       
How much water polo can these women play?
Beloved Cunt
Old Aug 17th, 2008, 02:21 AM       
Enough for tops to come conveniently flying off.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 17th, 2008, 04:52 PM       
http://www.foundrymusic.com/media/di...ber_18652.html

Watch the Hungarian dude's elbow fly out of its socket.
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 17th, 2008, 07:18 PM       
so today was my first time watching the olympics, and i saw china beat the fucking shit out of malaysia in badminton. seriously, china walked all over him

and at the end, the winner (china) threw his shoes into the crowd :-/ stinky
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 17th, 2008, 07:41 PM       
What I learned today; We can't row boats to save our lives.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Aug 18th, 2008, 11:08 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post

This little bitch got his metal taken away. What a god damn cry baby.
Ha ha. Im glad they took his metal away. They should make this pic into a poster about good sportsmanship to put up all over the place at the next olympics as an added punishment. What a dip