Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

tenno is probably a spambot
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 01:44 PM        Re-release of 'Nightmare Before Christmas OST'

So they re-released the soundtrack for Nightmare Before Christmas in honor of the new 3-d release and probably to help lighten your pockets of nostalgia dollars.

Right off the bat I can easily say that the new artwork and disc design for this release is fricking great. The cover sports a nice 3d-ish rendition of Jack in the pumpkin patch and both discs feature a matte black design of the chracters on a shiny finish. Simply beautiful.

Now for anyone who allready owns this album (you know who you are) double dipping for this one is really only warranted if you have to have the 5 cover versions and the original demo's that Elfman included on the 2nd disc. And at least for me, the only songs worth a damn are the ones by Marilyn Manson, Fiona Apple, and She Wants Revenge. The covers by Fallout Boy and Panic! At The Disco are pretty phoned in, professional orchestra or not. I dunno, maybe if you really like those tween bands, you'll dig their renditions, but compared to the creepy Manson covers of 'This is Halloween', Fionas fairly decent 'Sally's Song' and the oddly bizarre but fairly danceble 'Kidnap the Sandy Claws' by She Wants Revenge, well......you get the short stick.

The demos by Elfman are great for collectors interested in hearing the original versions he made, but the jarring difference in my memories of the movie version voices to the people he used for the demo makes this more for completists or the curious. Nifty stuff, but it makes me glad for 13 bucks I got the movie version to fall back on.

A solid buy for under $15, but most people are just going to give the second a couple spins and forget it. Myself, I found the 2nd disc worth the purchase alone.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 03:04 PM       
fallout boy and panic at the disco? PHONED IN?! no fcukin way those bands are great
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 03:28 PM       
why couldnt pop will eat itself do a cover......wish wish wish
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 04:20 PM       
PWEI is one of the many reasons why I loved the game "Loaded" on the original Playstation. Such a good soundtrack...
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 04:30 PM       
i still have that game........great stuff. Main reason I got into PWEI.......

I want to get the DOOM soundtrack for the same reason.