Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 23rd, 2005, 01:53 PM        Rollover text
Normally, when you leave the mouse arrow over some things for a few seconds, some rollover text may pop up. All of a sudden on my computer, though, the rollover text will appear, but then it'll start blinking on and off repeatedly. Anyone know what could be causing this.

dolarene is probably a spambot
Old Oct 23rd, 2005, 02:37 PM       
In the browser or competing all the computer?

If is in the browser, you must go to the config of that browser (duh) and check the thingy about rollovers (sorry, i don't use I.E. and in Firefox aren't rollovers)

If you got this issue in all the O.S. two things:

First, i suposse you use Win 4.0 or NT 5.0 :/ (AKA dumb 'n' dumber)

Second, from 2 years ago i don't see any BSOD i mean my Win skills are a bit rusted. but...

From the desktop click the secondary mouse button, you pop-up a menu, go to Preferences, then to Aspect or something (i don't know the english name) you find it like the tab with the color and fonts selection, click the advanced button, i think here you can find what you search. (Surely you switched the Windows theme to one with the blink enabled, simply disable it (maybe an option or a button)

P.S. Jesus is DEAD
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 23rd, 2005, 04:45 PM       
I give you an "E" for effort. Unfortunately, IE doesn't have a setting for "thingy about rollovers", so it looks like I'll need to wait for one of the tech savy regulars to see this thread.

Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Oct 23rd, 2005, 04:51 PM       
They're called tooltips. XP has animations for showing menus and tooltips (they can fade in/out and bunch of other stuff). Sometimes they get screwed up if your video driver is acting up, or if there's a lot of other stuff going on at the same time.

You can turn off the animations to see if that helps. Control Panel>Display>Appearance, click Effects.

dolarene is probably a spambot
Old Oct 23rd, 2005, 09:18 PM       
I believed you speak about those square boxes of text appearing when you hover the mouse over an image (a very common in i-mockery) unfortunately i never reached them using Firefox (A sad thing, the minimocks need those texts but Firefox is a dead horse with those texts)

P.S. Jesus is DEAD