Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 21st, 2010, 02:08 AM        Deleting Hotmail Account
So people in my hotmail contacts list have been getting spam that seems to originate from MY email account; this is embarrassing and annoying, and I have no idea why it's happening. I don't use hotmail for anything (No friends on MSN anymore) so I would like to delete it, but I figure there might be some account somewhere on the internet that requires me to have my hotmail open. Microsoft live or something like that.

Any advice?
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Sep 21st, 2010, 02:11 AM       
YOU'RE WELCOME.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 21st, 2010, 02:12 AM       
Probably not worth thinking about. You can usually change your email info on all those accounts. Having done that, just delete it.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 21st, 2010, 08:11 AM       
Thanks Sam.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Sep 21st, 2010, 09:14 AM       
Mine used to do that too. I just deleted my contacts from it.
TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest is probably a spambot
Old Nov 14th, 2010, 08:06 AM       
Deleted mine for the same reason. I've used Gmail since it launched and I don't use MSN anymore, so there was no need to keep it. I'd check my Hotmail account every 6 months to clear out the spam and email from friends' zombie Hotmail accounts. I can only assume mine was doing the same thing. It's odd how MS has just completely given up on Hotmail. The millions of people that still use it must be worth something to them, so I don't know why they don't at least try to improve it.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 15th, 2010, 06:35 AM       
Someone told me if you create a contact named aaaaaa@aaaa.aaa it will pop in your list first. Then when these spam viruses try to send you an email it sends them alphabetically. If it sends there first the email returns as undeliverable. Supposedly if that happens the program stops sending email thinking you have no real addresses to spam.

I don't know if/how that works but I did it anyway. At the very least you would get an undeliverable message alerting you that someone is sending messages to your contacts who is not you.