Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Seeker of Clams
Blue Gularis is probably a spambot
Old Nov 15th, 2007, 07:54 PM        Question for Chojin
Hey Chojin,

I'm sorry to bother you with this but now that I'm getting hate mail from Guitar Woman and I am this close to giving up on these forums I have nothing to lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
Well, what did you expect? I'm not your fucking errand boy. If your question is so important, just ask Chojin yourself.
That's from this topic: http://www.i-mockery.com/forum/showt...php?t=69698091

That was an innocent Picture Captions and Photoshops topic I started solely for my own amusement. A couple of other guys liked what I was doing so they added to the collection.

Next thing we know we have Guitar Woman and a couple others spamming us with pointless critiques, posts like this the following three in a row from Guitar Woman:

Quote:
Holy shit, is this the worst thread ever?
Quote:
I think it is!

This deserves a medal or something!
Quote:
You know what this thread reminds me of

Two guys sucking each other's dicks and remarking on how great a job they are both doing
And so began a lovely flame war.

I can take a good mock, at least DuFriendless tried to be amusing. Guitar Woman, incapable of being creative, simply made himself ceaselessly annoying.

This is my personal favorite, where we have him so wound up he becomes incoherent!

Quote:
Also, DuFresne, you might as well give up. A stupid person will not stand down no matter how much logical arguements you bombard him with, and he will go on mentally mastrubating and shouting I WON I WON HURRRRRRRRRRRRRR after everything you say. It's sort of like arguing with a 6 year old who is ABSOLUTELY SURE that 10 times 10 is 20, and will dissolve into a screaming waily tantrum if you oppose him for too long.
"Screaming wally tantrum" The irony in that statement is beyond belief.

-After receiving a bloody beating at the hands of the Cartoon Amalgamaters Guitar Woman started sending me ugly little PM's. Now he is in my PM box. With the understanding that PMs are private I am going to take Guitar Woman's invitation quoted above as permission to post the crucial line from his PM:

"Chojin's one of my best buddies on this site"

This was coupled with an insinuation that I should watch out because you, Chojn, might just come kick my ass if Guitar Woman were to ask it.

I issued Guitar Woman a challenge to the effect of if he is your 'best buddy' why not have him PM me and say so? Apparently Guitar Woman was unable to do that.

So, the question- Are you one of Guitar Woman's 'best buddies'? (I will take 'I tolerate Guitar Woman' as a no.)

I would appreciate it if you could clear this up, thanks for your time.

(This is almost more fun than high school!)
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Nov 15th, 2007, 08:43 PM       
Man it's too bad there isn't some sort of private messaging system on this forum where you could talk to specific people about stuff that nobody else gives a fuck about
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Nov 15th, 2007, 08:50 PM       
I'm glad he posted it in public so I could see it too since I don't follow many threads these days.
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Nov 16th, 2007, 04:23 AM       
Try to last few months, new comers usually get a lot of shit from certain persons without any good reason.

And don't mind GW, he's a good egg, ut-bay ot-nay oo-tay ight-bray, if you know what I mean.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Nov 16th, 2007, 09:34 AM       
There's a certain sense of humor that prevails here that most people don't get, and that's basically that 90% of anything anybody with more than 5,000 posts or so says is said in irony and is mostly nonserious.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Nov 16th, 2007, 12:47 PM       
Jesus Christ, I'd never thought I'd see the day that I would be on Guitar Woman's side for anything. Thanks a lot, asshole.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Nov 16th, 2007, 02:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu View Post
There's a certain sense of humor that prevails here that most people don't get, and that's basically that 90% of anything anybody with more than 5,000 posts or so says is said in irony and is mostly nonserious.
Everything I post is 100% serious though I'm the exception to this rule, all new people write this down it's important

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Seeker of Clams
Old Nov 16th, 2007, 07:34 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu View Post
Fascinating. Might this incredibly subtle sense of humor include barging into a topic where people are enjoying themselves to attack them in the most obnoxious ways possible? Does it include getting incredibly offended when people call you on your bullshit or fight back? Might it also include loving to dish it out but not being able to take it? Perhaps it also includes thinking that you somehow own this forum and are above the rules after 5,000 posts and every new person should get the hell out- yeah, I bet that's in there as is spoiling other people's fun for no reason other than pure meanness.

Gosh, I just don't get it I guess, when someone acts like a prick for no reason I can fathom I just assume they are one. If someone calls me 'fucking awful' or suggests that I am one of 'Two guys sucking each other's dicks' because I'm fiddling around in Photoshop in a part of the forum set aside just for that purpose I have a tendency to be offended and take it seriously. Goofy me!

I'd love to see someone with responsibility here give an opinion on what I see as a clique of topic arsonist spoiler trolls infesting this place and ruining people's fun. If the owners are trying to build a following for their humor site with these forums it's plain that the atmosphere of strife perpetuated by a few unchecked bad apples is driving away business....

PS: Before I get a bunch of crap for suggesting the admin pay attention to any of this, precedence has been set by everybody's darling Guitar Woman, who I find to be about as cute as a two headed baby. Click Here
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Nov 16th, 2007, 08:18 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Gularis View Post
Fascinating. Might this incredibly subtle sense of humor include barging into a topic where people are enjoying themselves to attack them in the most obnoxious ways possible?
Oh man if only you knew

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Nov 16th, 2007, 08:42 PM       
Okay, didn't see this until today. In the future, if you send me a PM, I'll be able to respond more quickly.

So first, let me go over RULES RULES RULES. GW probably took your flame war to PMs because it specifically says in the rules to not hijack a thread or follow someone around the forums bitching at them constantly, so in that respect he was probably doing the rest of us a favor. On the other hand, I at least tend to take PM harassment more seriously than forum harassment.

Now, regarding how this forum actually works - Things would get really boring if people never had a disagreement. GW running in and trashing your thread in picture captions & photoshops was obnoxious in the sense that I don't want any new people to quit, but come on now, it was really pretty funny watching how everyone reacted. I-Mockery itself is dedicated to mocking people that take themselves too seriously, and the forums are no different.

So, bottom line:
For the people who are being legitimately harassed, we have an ignore function. You click on a person's name, go to their profile, then click 'add x to your ignore list'. Here's a shortcut to that link if you really can't handle angry words being shared over the internet: http://www.i-mockery.com/forum/profi...=ignore&u=3440

As for asking me - in the middle of your official complaint thread - whether or now GW is one of my bestest internet buddies in the whole wide world:
1. That's really neither here nor there.
2. Don't be a queer.
3. Yes.

By the way, we generally don't ban people on this forum, so please don't treat the rulebook as a "win every argument" card. I think it was you who said in general blabber something to the effect of "Keep posting, you're just giving me more material to get you banned. ". This isn't AOL and we don't adhere to their Terms Of Service. If someone is being a LEGITIMATE PEST in ways that you can't avoid, that's when you need to dial an admin (and I can understand if you didn't know about the ignore function, it isn't clearly documented).

However, don't you think it's a little presumptuous to sign up for a forum and then try to get some of the people who have been around for years banned? Would I do that at your family reunion?
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Nov 17th, 2007, 01:21 AM       
For the record, my first PM to him wasn't a FLAME HATE RAGE GO CHOKE ON A HUNDRED DICKS message but rather an FYI because he seemed to think he knew everything about everything and to this I got a MEAN and VULGAR response that was completley uncalled for.

So he was really the one who started the whole hate mail buisness and has no right to be complaining when I respond to shit he starts by KICKING IT UP A NOTCH.
Seeker of Clams
Old Nov 17th, 2007, 11:30 AM       
Quote:
For the record, my first PM to him wasn't a FLAME HATE RAGE GO CHOKE ON A HUNDRED DICKS message but rather an FYI because he seemed to think he knew everything about everything and to this I got a MEAN and VULGAR response that was completley uncalled for.

So he was really the one who started the whole hate mail buisness and has no right to be complaining when I respond to shit he starts by KICKING IT UP A NOTCH.
Guitar Woman-

1. Your FYI sure sounded like a threat to me.
2. Your other PMs following were pretty much 'FLAME HATE RAGE GO CHOKE ON A HUNDRED DICKS" as are your posts everywhere I find them. You are an extremely rude and abusive motherfucker. Fuck you, if I haven't said it enough.
3. "Ye reap as ye sow" -in plain modern English that means if I was "MEAN and VULGAR" (I was definitely mean and vulgar is a matter of taste) I must remind you that from where I sit "MEAN and VULGAR" is ALL YOU ARE CAPABLE OF and again I say you like to dish it out but can't take it- surely this is obvious to anybody who is watching? For you to call ANYONE"s outraged response to your shit talking abuse "completely uncalled for" is outrageous and asinine.
4. I don't know "something about everything" but I definitely know a lot more about most things than you.
5. "hate mail business" -still an apt description of your behavior. Stay the fuck out of my mailbox, if you want to talk to me it's public only from here out, got it? I did not start ANY of this crap YOU DID, PERIOD!!!! -ASSHOLE!
6. I have every right to respond to your shit- fuck with me again and you will see higher notches.
7."he starts" -Honestly, I can't even begin to find words that describe the incredible irony of that statement.

-This really is the twilight fucking zone and in a bad way.

Last edited by Blue Gularis : Nov 17th, 2007 at 12:03 PM.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Nov 17th, 2007, 11:34 AM       
YOU'RE BOTH DOUCHEBAG FAGGOT ASSHOLES OK

MATTER IS SETTLED, I AM THE GREATEST.
Seeker of Clams
Old Nov 17th, 2007, 11:41 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
Okay, didn't see this until today. In the future, if you send me a PM, I'll be able to respond more quickly.

So first, let me go over RULES RULES RULES. GW probably took your flame war to PMs because it specifically says in the rules to not hijack a thread or follow someone around the forums bitching at them constantly, so in that respect he was probably doing the rest of us a favor. On the other hand, I at least tend to take PM harassment more seriously than forum harassment.

Now, regarding how this forum actually works - Things would get really boring if people never had a disagreement. GW running in and trashing your thread in picture captions & photoshops was obnoxious in the sense that I don't want any new people to quit, but come on now, it was really pretty funny watching how everyone reacted. I-Mockery itself is dedicated to mocking people that take themselves too seriously, and the forums are no different.

So, bottom line:
For the people who are being legitimately harassed, we have an ignore function. You click on a person's name, go to their profile, then click 'add x to your ignore list'. Here's a shortcut to that link if you really can't handle angry words being shared over the internet: http://www.i-mockery.com/forum/profi...=ignore&u=3440

As for asking me - in the middle of your official complaint thread - whether or now GW is one of my bestest internet buddies in the whole wide world:
2. Don't be a queer.
3. Yes.

By the way, we generally don't ban people on this forum, so please don't treat the rulebook as a "win every argument" card. I think it was you who said in general blabber something to the effect of "Keep posting, you're just giving me more material to get you banned. ". This isn't AOL and we don't adhere to their Terms Of Service. If someone is being a LEGITIMATE PEST in ways that you can't avoid, that's when you need to dial an admin (and I can understand if you didn't know about the ignore function, it isn't clearly documented).

However, don't you think it's a little presumptuous to sign up for a forum and then try to get some of the people who have been around for years banned? Would I do that at your family reunion?

Chojin,

Thanks for answering the question and responding. Out of respect for you I am going to come back tomorrow to reply to your post in detail after I've slept on it. This is like in 'They Live' when Rowdy Roddy puts on the special glasses...
Seeker of Clams
Old Nov 17th, 2007, 11:53 AM       
This double post was an edit accident. PS, fuck you guys.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Nov 17th, 2007, 04:15 PM       
Looking back, that was really wordy. Here's what I meant to say:
  • If you have a problem with someone that you can't deal with, just put them on ignore.
  • If they're still giving you problems, somehow, then come talk to me about it.
  • I would tell the same thing to him or anyone else.

The only reason to ask me to do something about it otherwise is if you want me to punish them, which is silly.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Nov 17th, 2007, 05:29 PM       
I'm willing to ban everyone involved in this incident for $10.
was never good
Old Nov 17th, 2007, 05:34 PM       
I'm willing to ban AChimp for $2.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Nov 17th, 2007, 06:21 PM       
IWORKFORTHEMAN:MAN
Misdemonar is probably a spambot
Old Nov 18th, 2007, 02:15 AM       
SUE GW
MAMA MIA!
Terra is probably a spambot
Old Nov 18th, 2007, 11:30 PM       
guys this is serious lets wait for the blue fucktard to sleep on this and then come back and post okay thnx
MAMA MIA!
Terra is probably a spambot
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 12:02 AM       
guys i think he's posting now heads up
Seeker of Clams
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 12:06 AM       
Chojin,

I don't feel at all presumptuous asking for people to follow the forum rules- I read them and I try to follow them. I see from what you state that they are really more suggestions than rules. Thanks for clarifying that 'people who have been around for years' really don't have to follow them. I get how things work now!

Getting Guitar Woman banned seriously wasn't my plan, although I would certainly enjoy it. He is the one who showed up in my PM box which was the last straw for me and it sounds like you might take that somewhat seriously. For my part that is what pushed me to where we are here.

What I'd like to see is people like Guitar Woman moderated. I really don't consider an 'Ignore List' to be a substitute for responsible moderation. The 'ignore list' is pretty much putting one's head in the sand, you can't watch your back like that.

You say you don't want to see new people leave- sorry, I am so not very convinced! I've seen several come and go in the short month+ I've been here- always after Guitar Woman or his posse called them various combinations of 'stupid, ugly,faggot, awful, fucked up', etc. These attacks are unwarranted and unfunny. Obviously they can't get the difference between a humorous and tasteful mock and just plain mean shit-talk. Anyway, it's happening, people are leaving but it seems like it's actually a private party so I guess that's good for them- talk about a circle jerk.

Fuck me, how's this for coming right out and saying it?
Quote:
I take it back, having new people here is a shitty idea.

I'm staying because I respect Imock, protoclown and Burbank and I like their work. You've got those guys attracting new people with their art and artless people driving them away almost as fast! These forums frankly aren't much fun because of this, a shame really. For my part if I want abuse I'll call my dominatrix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
....whether or now GW is one of my bestest internet buddies in the whole wide world:
2. Don't be a queer.
3. Yes.
***(snipped)
Well, I posted this to call Guitar Woman's bluff and it looks like I lost that hand. Who'd a thunk it?
1. It became 'here' after Guitar Woman played the 'Chojin is my best buddy' card'.
2. Queer? I'm not Guitar Woman's friend!
3. I will try not to revise my opinion of you downward too drastically. Do you have any other venomous pets I should be aware of?

All in all I do have to admit it was a pretty fun firefight and I wasn't bored... The Cartoon Amalgamators defended their honor implacably. I give DuFlabhands a miter of respect for actually photoshopping a mock rather than just repeating the same obnoxious whiny shit over and over like Guitar Woman- that dude is fingernails on the chalkboard. How about a shorter leash, please?

Thanks for telling me how things really are here Chojin, I do appreciate your candor. If I have further problems I'll be sure to let you know- somehow I don't foresee that happening.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 12:18 AM       
Guitar Woman's posse
Seeker of Clams
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 12:26 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Guitar Woman's posse
Hey, I'm hip with the lingo you gnarley hep cats!

I grant that was some unfortunate wording...

What I meant to say was 'fuck-sticks', is that better? Thanks.