Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Feb 3rd, 2008, 10:11 PM        Super Bowl!
Man, that was actually a really good game.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Feb 3rd, 2008, 10:12 PM       
Fiesta Online lit up with cries of woe the instant the pats missed that last hail mary.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Feb 3rd, 2008, 10:15 PM       
I won $20 bucks because I bet my father the Giants would win!

AND THEY DID!

It was probably the greatest bet I have ever won against my father and my victory dance lasted at least 20 minutes.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Feb 3rd, 2008, 10:24 PM       
I dug the half time show.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Feb 3rd, 2008, 10:38 PM       
Whoops I forgot all about it

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Spruce Moose is probably a spambot
Old Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:06 PM       
As a hardcore lifelong Giants fan, I simply can't describe my happiness. But as you can imagine, it's incredible, and won't be fully processed for about a full week. Long live Big Blue!
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:57 PM       
As a life long Vikings fan I can't fathom what it would be like to win the Super Bowl.

The Giants' D was nothing short of incredible. They shut down the best offense in NFL history and made the pride of Minnesota, Laurence Maroney, blow his was early:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nAY0ISAWMW4

Last edited by WhiteRat : Feb 4th, 2008 at 05:53 PM.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2008, 06:33 AM       
the giants outdid the pats in every aspect of the game last night so they deserved the win and this time, finallly a team has held on to win against the pats when they deserved to, as well. clearly they have a future ahead of them and i guess it all started last night. i was a nervous wreck during the whole game, especially in that last 35 seconds i was hoping for a miracle, a hail mary or at least a field goal to tie the game. my heart felt like it was ripped out when they went down on the 4th down. they had a chance for a perfect season and they blew it in the very last game. tom brady acted like an asshole most of the game ie. barking at wes welker for missing an overthrown side pass, etc. ahhhh... at least when i got up to leave for work this morning, and looked at the painting of fenway park in my kitchen, i've pretty much gotten over it
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Feb 4th, 2008, 04:38 PM       
Giants did a great job, but 2nd and 3rd quarters were boring.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 4th, 2008, 05:52 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioRPG View Post
Giants did a great job, but 2nd and 3rd quarters were boring.
I agree the 2nd and 3rd quarters were a joke, but the 4th quarter was pure football.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2008, 06:56 PM       
They're trying to show this on UK TV too. As if anyone could give less of a shit about American sports.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 4th, 2008, 06:59 PM       
Dude, let them. Then, when the popularity of the Super Bowl hits bottom over there, you can buy some ad space and tell everyone that you were wealthy enough to have a commercial on the Super Bowl!

People will be impressed on this side of the pond.

Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2008, 07:01 PM       
I could probably buy an add on the American super bowl, the exchange rate being what it is.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 4th, 2008, 07:20 PM       
oo, rimshot!

Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2008, 07:40 PM       
I asked my dad for personal commentary on the teams since he's had to work with both of them. He said that in his experience, the coach of the Patriot's was an incredible douche. So, I guess we're glad that he lost.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 4th, 2008, 08:09 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethomas View Post
I asked my dad for personal commentary on the teams since he's had to work with both of them. He said that in his experience, the coach of the Patriot's was an incredible douche. So, I guess we're glad that he lost.
To what extent did Pa Dukes work with them?
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2008, 08:20 PM       
I don't know that they've ever engaged in 1-on-1 conversation, but when he works games (at the Indianapolis dome) he's most always assigned to the opposing team. He does spend most of the game on the sidelines or in the locker room, but I would imagine that he doesn't have the authority to explain medical diagnosis to anyone. But, he's had to listen a lot to the coaches talk and give orders and such, especially when it involves player injuries. As for the players themselves, he said that all the Patriots he's spoken with have been alright guys.

As I've said before, it's his job during NFL games to operate the medical imaging devices on players. My guess is that they keep him around on the sidelines for other tasks as well just to keep personnel to a minimum.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Spruce Moose is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2008, 10:18 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggy View Post
the giants outdid the pats in every aspect of the game last night so they deserved the win and this time, finallly a team has held on to win against the pats when they deserved to, as well. clearly they have a future ahead of them and i guess it all started last night. i was a nervous wreck during the whole game, especially in that last 35 seconds i was hoping for a miracle, a hail mary or at least a field goal to tie the game. my heart felt like it was ripped out when they went down on the 4th down. they had a chance for a perfect season and they blew it in the very last game. tom brady acted like an asshole most of the game ie. barking at wes welker for missing an overthrown side pass, etc. ahhhh... at least when i got up to leave for work this morning, and looked at the painting of fenway park in my kitchen, i've pretty much gotten over it
You seem to share the sentiments of several Pats fans I've been talking to you. That's quite honorable of you all to tip you cap like that, who says New England/Bostonian fans are jerks? The media is just trying to cover up the real jerks: Yankees fans. Now there's a fan base who just can't learn to take a loss.

I also want to say how excited I am for the future. I think a lot of good young guys turned the corner last night, and even if we lose some old stand byes like Toomer and Strahan, there are plenty of youngings ready to take the reigns. With the mets getting Santana, it's beginning to look like 1986 all over again(especially with an even more beastly Boston team to win hte AL. Eerie).
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 4th, 2008, 10:49 PM       
wooo my 72 dolphins still keep the undefeated streak go dolphins!!!!!!!!!!!

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Beloved Cunt
Old Feb 5th, 2008, 02:38 AM       
Quote:
With the mets getting Santana, it's beginning to look like 1986 all over again(especially with an even more beastly Boston team to win hte AL. Eerie).
Have fun with a guy you paid 150 million for that will make less than 30 starts for an entire year!
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2008, 03:00 AM       
The Puppy Bowl was better.
say what now?
Old Feb 6th, 2008, 06:31 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spruce Moose View Post
You seem to share the sentiments of several Pats fans I've been talking to you. That's quite honorable of you all to tip you cap like that, who says New England/Bostonian fans are jerks? The media is just trying to cover up the real jerks: Yankees fans. Now there's a fan base who just can't learn to take a loss.
eh, i had a lot of practice in dealing with these types of losses after years of bitter and utter disappointments in boston sports history. i dont see the point of hating the giants after they've beaten the pats. you cant blame anyone for having the desire to win. competiveness is just part of the game and giants obviously wanted it more in the superbowl than the pats did. but the loss was definitely one of the top 5 biggest disappontment in boston sports history. the first being the 1986 world series, especially in the game 6 when sox were leading the series, 3-2, and they fell flat after leading by 2 runs with 2 outs at the bottom of the ninth. i was furious and wanted to beat up any mets fans in sight because i thought ray knight, who helped carry the mets to championship in game 7, was a douchebag. BUt then I was only 10 at the time.

Quote:
With the mets getting Santana, it's beginning to look like 1986 all over again(especially with an even more beastly Boston team to win hte AL. Eerie).
i'm just happy the yankees didnt get him, thats all. i think that was sox's main motivation in aquiring santana so the yankees wouldnt get their hands on the pitcher. the sox signed sean casey from detroit yesterday. we would need him to play first because youkilis have been riddled with injuries as of late and david ortiz is just too damn slow defensively. the sox looks to be a powerhouse once again for 2008 and i'm excited about it.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 6th, 2008, 07:54 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggy View Post
eh, i had a lot of practice in dealing with these types of losses after years of bitter and utter disappointments in boston sports history. i dont see the point of hating the giants after they've beaten the pats. you cant blame anyone for having the desire to win. competiveness is just part of the game and giants obviously wanted it more in the superbowl than the pats did. but the loss was definitely one of the top 5 biggest disappontment in boston sports history. the first being the 1986 world series, especially in the game 6 when sox were leading the series, 3-2, and they fell flat after leading by 2 runs with 2 outs at the bottom of the ninth. i was furious and wanted to beat up any mets fans in sight because i thought ray knight, who helped carry the mets to championship in game 7, was a douchebag. BUt then I was only 10 at the time.
I still see Boston fans bristle when the name Bill Buckner is mentioned.

I was pulling for the Pats because I wanted to see them shut the 72 Dolphins up. They are still pretty close roster wise so I hope they can make the off season changes and take another crack at 19-0... unless they play the Browns :P
Banned

23_ is probably a spambot
Old Feb 6th, 2008, 10:22 AM       
It was a great game, except I was watching it with one friend who is a Giants fan and the other a Pats fan.

Also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
They're trying to show this on UK TV too. As if anyone could give less of a shit about American sports.
The Giants played in that London game during the regular season; that game was just ugly.
say what now?
Old Feb 6th, 2008, 10:45 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
I still see Boston fans bristle when the name Bill Buckner is mentioned.

Quote:
I was pulling for the Pats because I wanted to see them shut the 72 Dolphins up. They are still pretty close roster wise so I hope they can make the off season changes and take another crack at 19-0... unless they play the Browns :P
I was a little disappointed when i heard randy moss saying that the season meant nothing without a superbowl win but I guess I can understand that from a player's point of view. As a fan, I thought they had a phenomenal year with slew of records that have been broken and they've brought the game to 'nother whole new level like the chicago bulls did during the 90's. I hope they will resign moss during the off season and bring back the offensive coordinator and the entire offensive team next season. As for the defensive side, i think it needs a little bit of adjustment and a lot of older players like bruschi, seau, etc could possibly be hanging it up this year. we'll see what happens. but i doubt they'll have another year like this one.