Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 03:47 PM       
That's a good idea.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 05:50 PM       
Why didn't I think of that? Thanks Dim IOU one.
You may already be there.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Sep 15th, 2009, 01:58 PM       
I'm kinda surprised that this thread isn't getting much attention. I'm not surprised by some of the ass-clownery I've read here, though.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/215290/page/1

This is a pretty good article that basically contrasts the view of health care in the U.S. against the view in other industrialized nations.

IMO, it really comes down to whether or not you believe medical care is a right or something that should be auctioned off to the highest bidder. Of course, as a Canadian, I'm a pinko commie when it comes to my health care.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Sep 15th, 2009, 02:06 PM       
This thread died when that fairy gayed it up.
Old Sep 15th, 2009, 02:07 PM       
That and close minded fools thought I was right out against it because I had the audacity to throw in a joke while asking a few questions.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Sep 15th, 2009, 02:08 PM       
"Us Canadians, we're kind of understated by nature," Marcus Davies told me in his soft-spoken way. "We don't go around chanting 'We're No. 1!' But you know, there are two areas where we feel superior to the U.S.: hockey and health care."

Ummm When was the last time you had the Stanley Cup? After a comment like that, how can I even begin to listen to you're anti America based view.
Old Sep 15th, 2009, 02:19 PM       
My favorite part was

"They love to point out that Canada provides coverage for everybody, usually with no copay and no deductible—while the U.S. leaves tens of millions of its citizens uninsured."

"They love to remind us that, while the U.S. lets some 700,000 people go bankrupt due to medical bills each year, the number of medical bankruptcies in Canada is precisely zero."

Yes we LOVE to point that out. If we point something out about Canada its that your cheese loving Frenchies.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Sep 15th, 2009, 02:21 PM       
:we're#1highfive
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 15th, 2009, 02:33 PM       
"we won't say that we're better, it's just that we're less worse." -The Arrogant Worms

(boring video but I linked for the song)

☆☆☆☆☆
Old Sep 15th, 2009, 03:03 PM       
I really do find it amazing that these experts fully believe that if someone is sick or dying, they won't be treated. Hell, all you have to do is walk into an emergency room and you can not be refused treatment. I'm not saying that it's as apparently perfect as the rest of the world, but the rest of the world seems to be as full of shit as the politicians here. OMG, you know what? People actually can get help with no money! Illegals do it all the fucking time. The main problem is that most people don't go see the Dr. until it's too late. That is completely our fault and universal health care isn't gonna get the cowboys in to get a check up.
Old Sep 15th, 2009, 03:33 PM       
I think a lot of people look at it as if we are trying to deny people of something when in reality we are trying to encourage self growth and responsibility. I know the American work ethic isnt what it used to be but the idea that you have to provide for yourself is a reflection of it.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Sep 15th, 2009, 03:50 PM       
What drives this country is fear. I believe that if we had socialized medicine, the fear of seeing a Dr. would go away and America would be healthier. Right now a lot of people don't know that there is free help for the poor. The middle class are the ones who really get fucked. You have a job and no insurance? Well if you don't get rich fast you are about to be poor.

All these people outside of America telling Americans that we let people die in the streets AREN'T FUCKING HELPING THE CAUSE! We know when we smell bullshit, and that is a big fucking heap of shit. So what is the automatic reaction, to keep it away until we can separate the lies from the truth. Great job outsiders. You're like the guy who steps on a branch during a raid.
Old Sep 15th, 2009, 03:59 PM       
Old Sep 15th, 2009, 04:05 PM       
Best argument against socialized medicine in the USA...

Spoilers!
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Sep 15th, 2009, 04:08 PM       
Seriously. My brother is huge into Wall Street, and the word is, buy Pharmaceuticals. Just because we get "free" health care doesn't mean we get good health care.
Old Sep 15th, 2009, 04:11 PM       
I love to buy pharmaceuticals.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Sep 15th, 2009, 04:13 PM       
TX is awfully close to Mexico
Old Sep 15th, 2009, 04:20 PM       
Mexicans are bringing it closer and closer every year.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Sep 16th, 2009, 04:29 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by AChimp View Post
I'm kinda surprised that this thread isn't getting much attention. I'm not surprised by some of the ass-clownery I've read here, though.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/215290/page/1

This is a pretty good article that basically contrasts the view of health care in the U.S. against the view in other industrialized nations.

IMO, it really comes down to whether or not you believe medical care is a right or something that should be auctioned off to the highest bidder. Of course, as a Canadian, I'm a pinko commie when it comes to my health care.
In the spirit of thing, let me post a link from my home county.

http://www.venturacountystar.com/new...ahoo_headlines
Old Sep 16th, 2009, 09:39 AM       
Personally I only know one Canadian. She HATES Canadian health care and is totally against us going to socialized medicine
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 16th, 2009, 10:52 AM       
Didn't Canada beat the US in a war?
Old Sep 16th, 2009, 11:02 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
Didn't Canada beat the US in a war?

Kraft Dinner war maybe.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 16th, 2009, 11:16 AM       
Or the war of 1812 or something.
Old Sep 16th, 2009, 11:57 AM       
The war of 1812 was more or less our 2nd war for Independence fought against the British. The British occupied Canada at the time and they pushed into parts of the USA and we pushed into parts of Canada. Ultimately neither side "won" anything but much like our actual war for independence the British decided it was more trouble than we were worth. In the end they gave back the few parts of the USA they occupied in return for the few parts of Canada that we occupied. If you want to say anyone won anything in that war is was Andrew Jackson in the southern part of the USA.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Sep 16th, 2009, 12:47 PM       
Canadian and British troops also burned down Washington and stole a painting. :O

Anyways, no one's claiming that the Canadian public health care system is perfect; there's a lot of things wrong with it. The problem with wait times usually comes down to a lack of resources.

If there was more capacity, wait times would come down. If there's only one MRI machine, and it can only do 30 scans per day, bitching about it won't make the machine work any faster. Adding more machines would help, but they cost millions of dollars which is paid for by the government, which has to spread the money around to everything. Private hospitals in the US can do whatever they want with their profits, so if adding more equipment brings in more patients, then that's what they do.

If you're looking for elective surgery, you're going to wait because you're not allowed to pay more to skip to the front of the line. People who think they're the most important person in the world travel to the US to visit private clinics, and these are usually the cases that you see covered in the media. These people didn't NEED treatment or they wanted it faster.

If you visit an emergency room, yeah, you're probably going to have to wait due to something called triage. When people who are in worse shape than you show up, they're moved to the front of the line because they need the attention right away. And honestly, a lot of people visit emergency rooms for bullshit reasons because of a false sense of entitlement.

Nobody has to worry about how they're going to pay for a visit to the hospital, though. Nobody has to worry about money if their kid gets sick and needs a bunch of medicine. Nobody has to worry about whether or not they can afford to even SEE a doctor if they feel sick.