Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Mighty One
FistfulOAwesome is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2009, 01:26 PM       
10,000 Volt Ghost: How? Lars dieing doesn't mean that the events of the changed timeline didn't happen.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 11th, 2009, 01:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by FistfulOAwesome View Post
10,000 Volt Ghost: How? Lars dieing doesn't mean that the events of the changed timeline didn't happen.
Sure it does
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 11th, 2009, 02:08 PM       
A wizard did it.
The Mighty One
Old Jun 11th, 2009, 02:45 PM       
Once more, How? The movie made no reference that a paradox copy dieing resets their actions. Would you kindly explain to me what you mean?
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jun 11th, 2009, 03:28 PM       
Quote:
Once more, How? The movie made no reference that a paradox copy dieing resets their actions. Would you kindly explain to me what you mean?
It's a cartoon that is notorious for not taking itself very seriosly.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jun 11th, 2009, 03:34 PM       
Fanboys are gonna ruin it for me.
The Mighty One
Old Jun 11th, 2009, 03:50 PM       
Dimnos: Actually, Co-Creator David X. Cohen has said that on the more serious stories they write them in the hopes that past the jokes there is genuinely good sci-fi underneath.

Also, on the not taking itself seriously: The show has plenty of dramatic elements and stories (the Fry's Past episodes, Fry and Leela's romance, The Mighty One).

I'm saying I'm worried for future Fry's Past episodes (DXC has stated that there is more to reveal) because of the timeline change that occured in BBS. Even the movie's main writer (Ken Keeler (who happens to have never written a bad episode) thinks that they should have done it 2nd or 3rd so they could have written the timeline better (mentioned in the commentary).

Tadao: Don't worry about it. I am truly excited for the series return. But on the off chance that one of the writers is lurking on any board that I post on I don't want to give the impression that the movies were great (except for ITWGY which is awesome to the max). They screwed up and I don't want that carrying over to a new series.

Any Futurama > No Futurama is a statement I don't agree with. Futurama got me for being a show with great mix of high and low-brow humor, well-written characters, and (occasionally) surprisingly touching plots. If the show isn't going to come back as great as ITWGY or better than I'd rather not have it back at all.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jun 11th, 2009, 03:55 PM       
I just want more sexy scenes.

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 11th, 2009, 04:03 PM       
Quote:
They weren't fry's actions....they were Lars'.......

Read sections 2 - 9: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_travel and when you're done let me know.

It's like if I went through my life and then a clone of me went back in time to do other stuff I didn't and then met up with me in the future only now he had a beard. It still wouldn't change the things I did or didn't do.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 11th, 2009, 04:08 PM       
The aforementioned wizard was partial to multiverse theory. :magic
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2009, 04:48 PM       
how did bender's big score end? i thought it ended with it basically saying everything was a big paradox
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jun 11th, 2009, 04:51 PM       
I think it ended with a shit ton of benders.

From Wiki:

The Bender duplicates explode and cause a tear in the fabric of space.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2009, 05:11 PM       
which basically solves any continuity issues because nothing ever happened or the universe would explode

I do get what 10,000 is saying thou. I thought it was weird to have any form of fry reunite with his family and Seymour. the original Seymour episode is one of the best futurama episodes. Its always best not to get to crazy with time travel.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jun 11th, 2009, 05:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
I think it ended with a shit ton of benders.

From Wiki:

The Bender duplicates explode and cause a tear in the fabric of space.
Right. Because this is a serious show with serious sci-fi elements and ideas. None of it is a joke.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jun 11th, 2009, 05:18 PM       
:serioushomofutureproblems
SKATASTIC
Old Jun 11th, 2009, 05:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
:serioushomofutureproblems

ahhhhh. You got to it before I got a chance to put that....stupid work.
The Mighty One
Old Jun 11th, 2009, 06:48 PM       
10,000 Volt Ghost: BBS goes out of it's way to canonize it's own events. Bender is shown being the leader of the squadron of U.F.O.'s that destroyed the Medieval Theme Park and Seymore is fast-fossilized by Bender's Gun's aftershock. What was a joke and a mystery in the original series are now fully canonized plot threads.

As for nothing changing because of this, Seymore is all the proof I need. In the original episode he appeared in, he spent all New Years Day looking for Fry and then spent his life waiting for him to return. But since Fry 2 showed up he had no reason to go out to search for Fry.

Yancy originally named his son Philip since he missed Fry so much. Now we have no idea why he named his son after Fry (I guess maybe they got closer together. I would think Yancy Sr. would disapprove of not naming a first born Yancy unless they had the original situation of Fry's disappearance).

As for some alternate version of Time-Travel explaning Fry and Lars lives being separate: I don't see where you are going with this. If it's Grandfather Paradox then all the events are canon (which they are) because they were all supposed to happen.

If it's alternate universe then how would that make the events non-canon? It would be like the new Star Trek movie- Events are different but because we are in an alternate universe. The original universe still exists with it's events and this second universe exists with its events. So in other words it still all happened at least in the universe we are witnessing.

And on your example: What, do you mean if a paradox-copy of you went back in time and lived your life differently? Well, I guess you would still remember all the events the old way but that doesn't mean you wouldn't live in a universe with changed events. Semi-example: Back to the Future. Marty changed his family's lives yet he remembers everything from his timeline but knows none of theirs. So Fry 2 did change the timeline. I've already wrote two prominent examples above of what he changed.

I'm not trying to stifle the return of Futurama here. I'm simply stating that I hope that the writers think a little more on how to handle the characters and their stories than they did in the first three movies. The movies/the new series had/has a lot to live up and disregarding the continuity and characterization of the original run is not the way to do it.

Last edited by FistfulOAwesome : Jun 11th, 2009 at 07:25 PM.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Old Jun 11th, 2009, 06:55 PM       
I hope the new series follows the events of Universe 1.
The Mighty One
Old Jun 11th, 2009, 07:22 PM       
Yeah. That head wound does look pretty stylish on the Professor.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jun 11th, 2009, 07:34 PM       
Kif, I have made it with a woman. Inform the men.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jun 11th, 2009, 07:38 PM       
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jun 11th, 2009, 07:40 PM       
The Mighty One
Old Jun 11th, 2009, 07:42 PM       
Tadao: The guy who drew that (the one with Seymore in it) posts frequently on a Futurama Message Board I'm on: peelified.com

His name is coldangel_1 and he has a book coming out: http://www.peelified.com/Futurama-Fo..._a_copy_o.html
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jun 11th, 2009, 07:51 PM       
Yeah, that's were I stole it from I think. I hate that style of fan art.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jun 11th, 2009, 09:28 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
Nerds
I posted this a page too soon

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog