Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 15th, 2004, 02:50 AM        return of the king extended edition (SPOILERS, DOI)
skull avalanche

"What is the house of Eorl but a thatched barn, where brigands drink, and their brats roll on the floor among the dogs?"
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Dec 15th, 2004, 04:09 AM       
Was it so good you accepted the lack of scouring?

FS is probably a spambot
Old Dec 15th, 2004, 08:42 AM       
EEEAAAH I JUST BOUGHT THE BOX AND I DIDN'T READ THIS THREAD BUT I'M GOING TO WATCH THE THREE MOVIES BACK TO BACK AND COME ALL OVER MYSELF AAAAAYYYYY
Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old Dec 15th, 2004, 03:41 PM       
They gave these out to all the employees at NL, but didn't hook up the interns. Apparently saving thousands of dollars on free slave labour means you don't deserve a measly boxset. Bastards.
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Dec 15th, 2004, 05:15 PM       
But what you lack in cash and material goods as an intern you gain in experience

Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old Dec 15th, 2004, 05:56 PM       
Yeah, and it was worth it damn it. It really was.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 15th, 2004, 06:47 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjalne
Was it so good you accepted the lack of scouring?
almost
Mocker
Old Dec 16th, 2004, 07:21 AM       
Oh man, I'm gonna wait until I'm back at my bedsitter after New Year's so I can watch it on my big television.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Dec 19th, 2004, 11:16 AM       
I postponed my private LotR marathon till this weekend.

God God GOD these really will forever stand as the best movies I've ever seen, with Return of the King easily as favorite.

I was going to post about the skull avalanche, I was like "hahaha, holy shit"

They (were forced to) cut so much signficant material for the theater, it must've been hard on Jackson, considering that they eventually still pushed the limit to well past 3 hours. The Mouth of Sauron - lived up to his name. Creep. Saruman getting shivved and WHAM! impaled - brutal. Everything extra was entirely welcome. God.

G...

I have something in my eye.
Mocker
Old Dec 19th, 2004, 11:17 AM       

I wish Christmas was over.
OH GOD
Old Dec 20th, 2004, 07:07 PM       
my cousin is going to reserve/rent a meeting room (at the hotel his wife works at) with a projector screen and we're gonna watch all 3 extended movies :o
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 04:54 PM       
I creamed my pants when I saw the Mouth of Sauron.

Most. Awesome. Villian. Ever.
OH GOD
Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 05:12 PM       
yeah that guy rules :o
Resident Chimp
Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 05:16 PM       
They're releasing a bust of him :O
Resident Chimp
Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 05:22 PM       
Or released. LOL.
OH GOD
Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 05:43 PM       
Resident Chimp
Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 05:45 PM       
I WANT ONE BUT IT LOOKS LIKE I WILL HAVE TO ORDER IT FROM TEXAS.
OH GOD
Old Jan 2nd, 2005, 05:50 PM       
makes sense, you want a mouth of sauron figurine you gotta order it from the heart of Mordor dude
Resident Chimp
Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 01:49 PM       

Drev is probably a spambot
Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 07:25 PM       
I was wondering. Can the Mouth of Sauron see? He acts blind like a bat in the whole scene.
OH GOD
Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 07:52 PM       
can YOUR mouth see
Resident Chimp
Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 09:22 PM       
OMG OMG OMG *shipped*

That was fast.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jan 4th, 2005, 12:12 AM       
For some reason, Saruman's death just seemed kind of tacked on. The whole scene just really felt... wrong. And I'm not saying this based on how it originally happens int he books, because I never read them.

It just felt so disjointed and out of place, that I wish they never put it in the film the way it was.

Gandfalf: HI SARUMAN!
Saruman: HI GANDALF!
Gandalf: WHAT IS SAURON DOING?
Saruman: I'M NOT TELLING!
Theoden: GRIMA I LOVE YOU!
Grima: A-WHAHUH?!
Saruman: GRIMA SUCKS!
Saruman: SHOVE!
Grima: STAB!
Saruman: ACK! FALL! DEAD!

FS is probably a spambot
Old Jan 4th, 2005, 07:03 AM       
I must say I liked it better than in the books. Saruman tries to kill Frodo like five more times through the second half of Return of the King, and Frodo keeps forgiving him.
OH GOD
Old Jan 5th, 2005, 07:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
For some reason, Saruman's death just seemed kind of tacked on. The whole scene just really felt... wrong. And I'm not saying this based on how it originally happens int he books, because I never read them.

It just felt so disjointed and out of place, that I wish they never put it in the film the way it was.

Gandfalf: HI SARUMAN!
Saruman: HI GANDALF!
Gandalf: WHAT IS SAURON DOING?
Saruman: I'M NOT TELLING!
Theoden: GRIMA I LOVE YOU!
Saruman: GRIMA SUCKS!
Saruman: SHOVE!
Grima: STAB!
Saruman: ACK! FALL! DEAD!
lol jamesman if you burn me a dvd where the sound from that scene is replaced with that dialog i will give you twenty bucks