Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ba-dum-tish. RIMSHOT!

ChrisGlass is probably a spambot
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 09:11 PM        Lowest grade restaurant you ever ate at?
Here in Los Angeles County, all places that serve food must place in the window a letter rating by the Health Board.
99% are 'A'
Seeing a B is like a rare occurance, usually KFCs and Taco Bells.

I've heard of a mexican sit-down place that got a C.

What's the lowest you'd go? I mean, I ate at a KFC that had a B and didn't shit blood, so I consider that a win.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 10:04 PM       
Something tells me that most answers will be McDonalds or KFC.
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 10:40 PM       
I was in Chicago a few years ago when I got a burger at a place called "the red lantern". I was almost done when I thought I had hit one of those "hard pieces" in the the ground beef. It turned out to be a big 1" piece of gravel (quartz I believe) that the lettuce had grown around and became stuck between two leaves. If the cook had bothered to wash the lettuce he would have spotted it, but he didn't.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 12:01 AM       
I've eaten at places without ratings, some in places where you probably had to.

Out here in Oklahoma, though, you just have what amounts to a "PASS" rating behind the counter.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 01:42 AM       
Along time ago I was walking out of a Chinese restaurant and noticed it had a C. It didn't matter. All I see now are A's in LA and I think the system is no longer working.
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 08:35 AM       
I've never seen that sort of system anywhere I have eaten. If you are too low to be classed as respectable and healthy I think they just close you down.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 08:56 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Along time ago I was walking out of a Chinese restaurant and noticed it had a C. It didn't matter. All I see now are A's in LA and I think the system is no longer working.
I've been to a Bhinese restaurant.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 10:10 AM       
The Roach Coach!

What Video Games?
Angryhydralisk is probably a spambot
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 11:38 AM       
I've seen a restaurant score a 100% and was graded a B, once.

j/k fuck them
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 09:52 PM       
NO BOWL, STICK STICK.
Ba-dum-tish. RIMSHOT!

ChrisGlass is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2010, 01:59 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Robot View Post
NO BOWL, STICK STICK.
Mountain Dew or Crab Juice.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Mar 19th, 2010, 07:10 AM       
There was a chinese buffet near my college that was horrifying. I remember seeing a bowl of raw chicken left out under a buffet heatlamp because the guy carrying it to the kitchen got distracted and went off to do something else. I've had noodles with a rubberband in them (they must have the noodles bunched with rubberbands and tossed the whole works in...extra nice to think about when you have a latex allergy). I saw a little girl pick her nose, put her finger up the spout of the soft-serve dispenser, and then lick her finger.

There are very few chinese buffets I'd eat at, and when I do I mainly stick to steamed rice and jello cubes.

Our most popular mexican restaurant got shut down a few years ago because a kitchen person didn't wash their hands and spread some sort of exotic poop disease all over town. Thing was, their food is incredible, so they didn't suffer a bit...just reopened and kept on going. On weekends you can't even get in the door. But then, the place is probably the cleanest and safest ever, when they have to worry about followup visits from the health inspector.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 20th, 2010, 07:35 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
The Roach Coach!

In Grad School I had chinese from a truck outside the chem building. About 1/3 the way into my fried rice, I discovered the true meaning of "subgum".

That was the last meal I had from that vehicle.
You may already be there.
Old Mar 20th, 2010, 11:19 AM       
There is only one Mexican restaurant here and it's 'proper'. Bookings essential etc.

I want a cheap Mexican place where I can get nice food for cheap, and fast.

Obviously I don't want it to breach any health guidelines either.
What Video Games?
Angryhydralisk is probably a spambot
Old Mar 20th, 2010, 11:47 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
There was a chinese buffet near my college that was horrifying. I remember seeing a bowl of raw chicken left out under a buffet heatlamp because the guy carrying it to the kitchen got distracted and went off to do something else. I've had noodles with a rubberband in them (they must have the noodles bunched with rubberbands and tossed the whole works in...extra nice to think about when you have a latex allergy). I saw a little girl pick her nose, put her finger up the spout of the soft-serve dispenser, and then lick her finger.

There are very few chinese buffets I'd eat at, and when I do I mainly stick to steamed rice and jello cubes.

Our most popular mexican restaurant got shut down a few years ago because a kitchen person didn't wash their hands and spread some sort of exotic poop disease all over town. Thing was, their food is incredible, so they didn't suffer a bit...just reopened and kept on going. On weekends you can't even get in the door. But then, the place is probably the cleanest and safest ever, when they have to worry about followup visits from the health inspector.
Funny. I had this dream last night that I found a pair of headphones in some noodles and the owner kept insisting I eat his fish and shrimp when I was demanding a refund over and over.

j/k fuck them
MAMA MIA!
Terra is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 07:24 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
There is only one Mexican restaurant here and it's 'proper'. Bookings essential etc.

I want a cheap Mexican place where I can get nice food for cheap, and fast.

Obviously I don't want it to breach any health guidelines either.
Yeah well you're practically going to have to. "Cheap and fast" in Mexican food is almost synonymous with "Montezuma's Revenge."
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 07:31 PM       
GOD DAM YOU'RE A WIMP!
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 07:37 PM       
we have a mexican grocery near here where you put your two bucks on the counter, go around the back and they hand you a taco out the back door.

my dad has been brave enough. Me, no chance in hell.
C:enter:###
SLjimbolian is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 10:47 PM       
We went to a Hardee's in Delaware one time just for the hell of it while coming home from vacation. Bad fucking mistake.

Oh, although I've never been there because of common sense, there's a restaurant in my town that serves both Mexican and Chinese food. Something about those two cuisines in the same place doesn't sound right.
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 11:06 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
we have a mexican grocery near here where you put your two bucks on the counter, go around the back and they hand you a taco out the back door.

my dad has been brave enough. Me, no chance in hell.

Also, Chinese and Mexican at the same time? Somebody thought that was a brilliant idea at some stage, and I sort of warily respect them for that.
MAMA MIA!
Terra is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2010, 09:50 AM       
They all cook the same stray dogs.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 24th, 2010, 09:54 AM       
http://kogibbq.com/

How about Korean and Mexican? I think I've posted it before, but this joint is state of the art. I saw the inside of their truck once. High tech stuff, mang.

My mouth is watering right now and I'm really fucking hungry.
Banned
jhonnyD2 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2010, 11:05 AM       
delicious photo the last one... i ll get a bite ...
mmm muffins
Wiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 25th, 2010, 03:34 AM       
does eating at a delapidated roadside stall in a third-world country count? cause i tried it while on vacation ^.^;
didnt give me any indigestion tho