Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 11th, 2010, 10:46 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
I didn't read this thread, but it's the middle of March and I am freezing my nipples off.

Global warming is absolute horse shit.
and this argument is about 100x more convincing that anything Coolie said.
You may already be there.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Mar 11th, 2010, 12:07 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolinator View Post
I got warned so I will leave the forum.
Oh dont puss out now. Stick with it. If your just going to leave you might as well go out with a ban.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 11th, 2010, 12:26 PM       
all this guy seems to do is run as soon as someone explains to him how he is wrong.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Mar 11th, 2010, 02:48 PM       
Jeez, I feel cheated. This is one of the few topics I know a lot about and I wanted to flex.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 11th, 2010, 02:51 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
all this guy seems to do is run as soon as someone explains to him how he is wrong.
I tried to engage him into a discussion about the difference between the POLITICS and the SCIENCE surrounding the issue, and he responded with verbatim quotations from blogs, Google searches and Wikipedia.

Remember, sometimes they come back ....
after enough bourbon ...
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 10:36 AM       
Quote:
I will take Dimno's advice. May Rog protect me.

First off, Bill O'Reilly and Glenn beck both believe the myth of Global Warming. Youtube it.

Other right wing media whores (Sean Hannity & Co.) never bring up the corporate funding behind Global warming nor do they ever bring up the clean energy solutions that the Global warmers consistently ignore. Nor do they talk about "Cap and Trade" schemes on carbon or the international "CARBON TAX" that will be paid directly to unaccountable factions within the United Nations.

Nor do they bring up other hazardous chemicals that effect ours and other organisms health and should have stricter regulations put on them. Right wingers also never speak about how Al Gore was essential in passing FREE TRADE policies and has always been in the pocket of private corporate interests. They usually just harp on how he allegedly said that "He invented the internet".

Everything I said is attacking the Global Warming myth from the left.

1. Are Global Warmers getting their money from private corporations?

2. Is their movement based around the implementation of a Carbon Tax?

3. Will Wall Street and other parasitical interests be able to speculate on carbon after they pass cap and trade regulations on carbon only? (no other harmful chemicals included)

4. Did Al Gore help in passing Free Trade policies?

5. Are the Global Warmers ignoring all other environment problems and focusing on Carbon?

I-Mockery inspired article:
http://the-coolinator-lounge.blogspo...te-change.html
I rest my case.
Banned

TheCoolinator is probably a spambot
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 11:16 AM       
You forgot the quotes that were attached and forgot to answer any of the questions. Shell Gasoline and the Rockefeller foundation pays for the Global Warmers.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus View Post
So if you're attacking global warming "from the left", then how come you're using a spectacularly dense argument that I've seen used, VERBATIM, by Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, and Bill O'Reilly on their respective programs in the last month alone?
I will take Dimno's advice. May Rog protect me.

Quote:
Disclaimer:I hope that my reply to this post will not be misconstrued as "FLOODING AND / OR GRIEFING". I really want to continue the conversation in the most civilized way possible. Thank you.
First off, Bill O'Reilly and Glenn beck both believe the myth of Global Warming. Youtube it.

Other right wing media whores (Sean Hannity & Co.) never bring up the corporate funding behind Global warming nor do they ever bring up the clean energy solutions that the Global warmers consistently ignore. Nor do they talk about "Cap and Trade" schemes on carbon or the international "CARBON TAX" that will be paid directly to unaccountable factions within the United Nations.

Nor do they bring up other hazardous chemicals that effect ours and other organisms health and should have stricter regulations put on them. Right wingers also never speak about how Al Gore was essential in passing FREE TRADE policies and has always been in the pocket of private corporate interests. They usually just harp on how he allegedly said that "He invented the internet".

Everything I said is attacking the Global Warming myth from the left.

1. Are Global Warmers getting their money from private corporations?

3. Will Wall Street and other parasitical interests be able to speculate on carbon after they pass cap and trade regulations on carbon only? (no other harmful chemicals included)

4. Did Al Gore help in passing Free Trade policies?

5. Are the Global Warmers ignoring all other environment problems and focusing on Carbon?

I-Mockery inspired article:
http://the-coolinator-lounge.blogspo...te-change.html
after enough bourbon ...
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 12:00 PM       
I don't think you get it. I don't want to debate the politics of global warming. If you want to talk about the SCIENCE behind the theory, then fine. Otherwise, I'm not going to waste my time.

And, unlike you, I mean it.
Banned

Old Mar 15th, 2010, 01:18 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
I don't think you get it. I don't want to debate the politics of global warming. If you want to talk about the SCIENCE behind the theory, then fine. Otherwise, I'm not going to waste my time.
I guess that's another place where we differ. From my studies Global Warming / Climate Change is nothing more than a political ideology. It actually has many similarities to 1940's German Race Science. Remember all that SCIENCE? I wonder who funded those researchers.

Quote:
100 Articles on the Global Warming / Climate change hoax

http://www.scroogle.org/cgi-bin/nbbw.cgi
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 02:19 PM       
Honey, you have not shown one piece of evidence that global warming doesn't exist and you clearly don't even understand the theory because you insist that carbon dioxide is treated as a pollutant in said theory. That and you don't understand what a political ideology is. You don't really understand a lot of things, really. That's why people who actually read up on politics and various studies, and who don't rely on internet conspiracy sites for their information, keep making fun of you.
Banned

Old Mar 15th, 2010, 04:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
Honey, you have not shown one piece of evidence that global warming doesn't exist

Quote:
Now, IPCC claims on Amazon fall flat

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/h...ow/5502902.cms
Quote:
UN exaggerated warming 6-fold: the scare is over

http://scienceandpublicpolicy.org/mo...port_july.html

Quote:
Two Peer-Reviewed Scientific Papers Debunk CO2 Myth

http://www.propagandamatrix.com/arti...ebunk_myth.htm

Ahem.....cough cough....
Lethal fresco
Blasted Child is probably a spambot
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 04:08 PM       
Everything can be bad in the wrong place. Ozone is vital for all life on earth as long as it's in the stratosphere, but would be highly toxic to breath.
Co2 - good in some places, bad in some.
Like garlic.
Banned

Old Mar 15th, 2010, 04:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasted Child View Post
Everything can be bad in the wrong place. Ozone is vital for all life on earth as long as it's in the stratosphere, but would be highly toxic to breath.
Co2 - good in some places, bad in some.
Like garlic.
I like your avatar. I have an HP Lovecraft book with that same picture on it.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 04:25 PM       
idiot
Lethal fresco
Blasted Child is probably a spambot
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 04:45 PM       
thanks, actually I didn't really choose it with much thought, I just picked a random image and I intend to replace it with something more personal in due time.

Even though I'm rather confident that humans are about to mess up our planet, I do think you've built up a quite solid case and displayed a fair amount of evidence. I'd hate to be a contrarian, but contrary to the rest here I don't think you're an idiot

I think the thing here is that you can always find a plethora of "evidence" and articles supporting either side of a case if you look hard enough. In a matter as zealously debated as this, it's simply useless to merely list links - the opponent could do the same, and a more prudent approach would be to just sit back and assess what seems to be the prevalent opinion in the scientist community.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Mar 15th, 2010, 04:59 PM       
A solid case? Blasted Child, all he does is post links to biased websites. That and he clearly doesn't understand what the theory of global warming actually is or rudimentary science.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 05:08 PM       
Veni. Veni creator spiritus.
Banned

Old Mar 15th, 2010, 05:17 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasted Child View Post

Even though I'm rather confident that humans are about to mess up our planet, I do think you've built up a quite solid case and displayed a fair amount of evidence. I'd hate to be a contrarian, but contrary to the rest here I don't think you're an idiot
Thank you good sir!

and I agree with you that Human's are messing up the planet. I cannot deny that, problem is that the Environmentalist movement is being diverted to serve a corporate agenda when they should be united in a regulation / clean power solution instead of this fanatically devotion to "Carbon". Which as you can see from the articles that I posted has absolutely nothing to do with the warming of the planet.

Quote:
I think the thing here is that you can always find a plethora of "evidence" and articles supporting either side of a case if you look hard enough. In a matter as zealously debated as this, it's simply useless to merely list links - the opponent could do the same, and a more prudent approach would be to just sit back and assess what seems to be the prevalent opinion in the scientist community.
Very true but after both sides have laid down their evidence then an unbiased third party must decide which is the better argument.

We've come to the part in the debate where my evidence and ideology has been laid down on the table and the other side must admit their research and then an unbiased third party needs to decide.

This is very difficult to do since all I've been getting out of these cultists is insult's and how I don't know "science" or whatever that's supposed to mean.

Quote:
all he does is post links to biased websites..
You only find them biased because they contradict what you believe.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Mar 15th, 2010, 05:27 PM       
Quote:
You only find them biased because they contradict what you believe.
You don't know what I believe as I have yet to discuss my opinion. They are biased because they lean towards one side of the argument instead of presenting information without commentary. Not only that but none of them are official sites. They also commonly have information which is completely false. What country are you from? You would have thought that if you made it through university you would understand how to find credible sources and what biased means. Apparently the school system there is failing.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Mar 15th, 2010, 05:33 PM       
Seriously man, this is exactly your problem. You don't actually understand how to look at things without bias. You're probably someone who is devoted to one political party and will never vote for a candidate from a rival party not because they are not the better choice for the job but because they're not part of the party you idolize. You exemplify what is wrong with politics in the United States right now so I wouldn't be surprised if you are American.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 06:27 PM       
Quote:
Seriously man, this is exactly your problem. You don't actually understand how to look at things without bias. You're probably someone who is devoted to one political party and will never vote for a candidate from a rival party not because they are not the better choice for the job but because they're not part of the party you idolize. You exemplify what is wrong with politics in the United States right now so I wouldn't be surprised if you are American.
I don't know if his biasms are necessarily political party motivated. I think he is into the whole 'conspiracy theory' mythos. My brother had a friend like that- whatever was the underdog opinion he latched on to because he was so determined to not be a sheep or whatever. I think people like this believe themselves to be much smarter than the average person, so they can't share opinions with us lower life forms. He probably believes Hitler designed the VW bug and that the US is run by the Illuminati. Maybe even aliens too.

Its too easy and sort of ignorant to just say he's a republican or whatever, I think he's just paranoid. The republicans have already proposed their own version of Cap and Trade that is almost exactly the same as the D's, the only differance is that REPUBLICANS made it, making it automatically better because nothing the democrats do is right- but I'm getting off toipic. Conspiracy theorists are typically pretty conservative, but they are still paranoid about everyone.
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 06:48 PM       
come on guys, coolies obviously right because he RESEARCHED thiss stuff on youtube. These are facts that he GATHERD from his STUDIES in a two year liberal arts college. The only thing left to question is whether he prefers CDs or tapes.
Banned

Old Mar 15th, 2010, 06:56 PM       
Quote:
You don't know what I believe as I have yet to discuss my opinion. They are biased because they lean towards one side of the argument instead of presenting information without commentary. Not only that but none of them are official sites. They also commonly have information which is completely false. What country are you from? You would have thought that if you made it through university you would understand how to find credible sources and what biased means. Apparently the school system there is failing.Seriously man, this is exactly your problem. You don't actually understand how to look at things without bias. You're probably someone who is devoted to one political party and will never vote for a candidate from a rival party not because they are not the better choice for the job but because they're not part of the party you idolize. You exemplify what is wrong with politics in the United States right now so I wouldn't be surprised if you are American.
I don't know why your getting so upset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supafly345 View Post

The republicans have already proposed their own version of Cap and Trade that is almost exactly the same as the D's.
Thank you for proving my point.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Robot View Post
come on guys, coolies obviously right.
Thanks!