Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Sep 17th, 2003, 11:33 PM        Enterprise Season 3
Huh? Huh? Huh?

It's started off pretty cool so far, but I wonder how long they'll keep it up before there's one of those gay character development episodes.
Daphne is probably a spambot
Old Sep 18th, 2003, 09:42 AM       
I fucking hate that show, and I liked some of the old Star Treks. Everyone on that show is annoying and racist!
The ones I saw, they talk about how they want to meet other aliesn, but the one species they had met (the Vulcans) they treated like shit and were really rude to!
I dunno, just my opinion and maybe it got better, but I also couldn't get past the fucking gayer than gay theme song. I know a nerd that fucking ROCKS OUT to that song.

The best thing about that show is the Beagle.
TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest is probably a spambot
Old Sep 18th, 2003, 11:31 AM       
I agree with Daphne. I can dig original series and Next Gen is cool, but I can't stand Enterprise. And ugh that theme song fucking hurts my feelings like they're going outta style.

Quote:
I know a nerd that fucking ROCKS OUT to that song.
This guy must be a blast at parties!
Old Sep 18th, 2003, 01:35 PM       
When he gets invited to one, I'll let you know
Resident Chimp
Old Sep 19th, 2003, 08:57 AM       
They were being "rude" to the Vulcans because the Vulcans have been treating humans like immature babies and preventing them from flying around in their ships. There's about 50 years' worth of resentment on the part of Earth now because the Vulcan's have kept saying, "Yeah, as soon as you do this, you'll be ready for the terrible secret of space" but they keep changing their minds.

I usually mute the theme song or leave the room.
Old Sep 19th, 2003, 10:42 AM       
See that's the thing, they are all to arrogant to admit maybe the Vulcans are on to something, having done space travel for ages and ages!
But no, they'd rather be rude sucky babies and suck.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Sep 20th, 2003, 09:38 AM       
I have never watched this show and plan never to

THAT ISNT EVE N PROPER ENGLISH

-willie
Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old Sep 20th, 2003, 10:02 AM       
Can't we all agree that everything after DS9 is just not worth it.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Sep 20th, 2003, 10:13 AM       
You forgot to add everything before it too.
And DS9.
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Sep 20th, 2003, 10:23 AM       
The introduction of The Borg and every other shitty new alien race after it killed the new series' of Star Trek.
TERRIBLE BEAT
Old Sep 20th, 2003, 11:43 AM       
Next Gen was great - I've seen most of them. The original series is hilarious and awesome, although admittedly I've only seen maybe 10 different episodes... but Kirk's karate chops and womanizing is television gold!

I could never get into DS9. I tried. I've heard there is good to be seen but I don't have the patience for it. Voyager was fucking annoying and Enterprise is the worst.

I think the Borg were cool until that movie with the "Borg Queen" came out... and Voyager fucking RUINED them. But yea... too many uncreatively lame 'wrinkle-forehead-special' alien species. GREETINGS HUMAN I AM OF THE BJORIAN RACE YOU CAN TELL BY MY EARRING
Space Viking Repo Man
Old Sep 20th, 2003, 04:26 PM       
DS9 wasn't that good until they started getting more creative with it (perhaps around the second season). When the characters started to flow together and when they started having fun with it as opposed to 'starship flying around and everybody is a virgin and listens to classical music.' Plus, anything with an alien bartender and a ship that is classifed as 'overgunned' is good with me.

And I won't blame the Borg for the fall of Trek. When they were pretty much unreasonable and indestructable they rocked like nothing else. When they started pussifying them is when all was lost...ala Queen, Seven of Why, etc.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Sep 20th, 2003, 04:43 PM       
Yes. DS9 got a little better around the time they switched uniforms, Avery Brooks shaved his head and they started introducing some better races and action (ie, more Klingons, more spacebattles, less annoying smiling Bajoran bitch lady). The occasional humor got better too.

The Borg were a good idea that was just used too often, and often wrongly. They're supposed to be mindless killers, like nazi bees, but the writers constantly contradict themselves by giving some Borg individuality and stuff. I still think First Contact is the best out of all the Star Trek movies, though.

Remember that old TNG episode where they caught a Borg boy ("Hugh"), then wanted to use him to introduce a fatal mathmatical virus into the Borg, and finally decided not to do it because Geordi (I think) had a sudden case of bleeding heart? Considering the supposed damage the Borg have done since then, you'd think he deserves a royal bitchslapping by now. Fucking idiot.
Space Viking Repo Man
Old Sep 20th, 2003, 06:17 PM       
Yeah, Trek just loved doing supposedly moral stuff like that. Personally, I think Geordi would have 'accidentally' been beamed into space but Next Gen didn't have a 'Mirror, Mirror' episode that I'm aware of.

Ah, if only they did. That would have rocked.

Since we're talking about it, can someone explain the whole 'Tasha Yar's daughter is now a Romulan' storyline? They tie it back to how an alternate Enterprise but...the hell?
TERRIBLE BEAT
Old Sep 20th, 2003, 06:50 PM       
That Tasha Yar Romulan thing was so fucking weak... I hated that episode.

And on the subject of Trek's lameness... wtf was with Data not being able to use contractions like "can't, won't, don't" etc.? I'm no Computer Science major (dropout, yes -_- ) but that seems about as basic as computer logic can get:

IF
words_to_speak = "CAN NOT"
THEN
words_to_speak = "CAN'T"
ENDIF

Space Viking Repo Man
Old Sep 20th, 2003, 07:05 PM       
Probably because Data was just a manmade Spock to them, and the more human and simple they made his character would have betrayed that fact. Let's face it, Data was a lame character, 'being human' and such beside.
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Sep 20th, 2003, 07:27 PM       
And he was a ripoff of Kryton.

I should have been more specific though. I loved the original two-parter of TNG where Picard was assimilated. They've just been overused since and gave other writer's of the various series' to create their own shitty new pointless creature's with "interesting new cultures and beliefs!"

The thing I loved most about the original Star Trek and TNG were the episodes where something weird and crazy was going on on board the ship and the crew would have to SOLVE THE MYSTERY.

The worst character to ever appear in Star Trek: That fucking chef from Voyager. Boring, pointless and stupid. Whenever I watched it and the episode revolved around him, the plot was something to do with him messing up a pizza or having to cook for 20 people. Ya know, crap that happens wether you're in space or not.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Sep 21st, 2003, 04:52 AM       

It's kind of funny to see the first episode(s) of TNG now. For instance, Data acts pretty much human, he just looks weird and can't whistle Pop Goes The Weasel (which Riker couldn't remember in Star Trek: Nemesis ), but you can tell Brent Spiner had to get the character down.

Plus Captain Picard is a real dickhead and Troi wears a skirt so short her camel toe pops out when she sits down.
Resident Chimp
Old Sep 21st, 2003, 11:15 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphne
See that's the thing, they are all to arrogant to admit maybe the Vulcans are on to something, having done space travel for ages and ages!
But no, they'd rather be rude sucky babies and suck.
The Vulcans are dickheads in Enterprise. They don't have complete control over their emotions like they do in TOS and stuff later in the timeline. They're actually aggressive and lie at times, and they are jealous of the humans' achievements (for example, they say in one episode that it took humans a couple decades to perfect a Warp 2 engine whereas it took the Vulcans a few centuries).

TNG was the best series, and is kinda tied with TOS, in my opinion. I love watching the old episodes to hear McCoy bitching about one thing or another.

DS9 got good at the end with the Dominion War stuff, but I think it ended on a weak note, as opposed to "All Good Things" which ended with some awesome Qness.

Yeah, Voyager was really annoying for a while, but there are a bunch of really good episodes. The stuff with the Herogin (sp?) was cool, and Species 8472. The episodes that focused on Neelix's past problems were pretty dumb for the most part, but then again, so are almost all of the character development episodes in any of the series. Once they got rid of Kes things got a lot better.

They kinda made up for the Hugh mistake at the end of Voyager when they blow up the main Borg base and their entire transwarp network that they used to travel around the galaxy really fast. Of course, there's no way to know what effect that had since they've decided to focus on the past for now.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 12:29 PM       
"Enterprise" is a pile of shit

FS is probably a spambot
Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 02:28 PM       
Good God. I'm watching the first episode of Enterprise now (I was waiting for a channel to pick up some episodes because I refused to rent it), and I spent two or three minutes with my mouth agape and my eyes wide as the opening credits and (more importantly) the themesong ran. Holy shit. Did they steal the lyrics from a Saved by the Bell song?
Resident Chimp
Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 03:55 PM       
ENTERPRISE SEASON 1 THREAD.
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 07:07 AM       
Good to hear I'm not the only one who was appaled by the theme.
Resident Chimp
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 11:37 PM       
ENTERPRISE THEME HATE THREAD.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 01:07 PM       
I saw part of the Season 3 opener when I was at my parents' house. It SUCKED