Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jul 29th, 2004, 12:15 PM        Iraq Vs. Sudan
So we can unilaterally topple the government of Iraq with an army, becuase we incorrectly suspect they have WMD which we think they might use if they have them.

But we know for a fact Sudan is enaging in Genocide and that more than a million survivors driven off their land will almost certainly die and we can't even get a fucking SANCTION together?!?

I'm just glad as hell we sacraficed all our international credability and clout taking out Sadaam. I think all those folks the janajaweed are slaughtering like cattle understand our priorities.

U.S. Drops Sanctions From Sudan Resolution
(AP) - The United States dropped the word "sanctions" from a draft U.N. resolution on Sudan on Thursday in the face of opposition on the Security Council, but it retained a threat of economic action against Khartoum if it fails to disarm Arab militias in Darfur.
Old Jul 29th, 2004, 12:18 PM       
Oh, well. At least what we did in Iraq, though on false pretenses, was well worth it.

Iraq now an Al-Qaeda battleground, British report says

LONDON (AFP) - The US-led coalition's failure to restore security has turned Iraq into a battleground for the likes of Osama bin Laden's Al-Qaeda network, a British parliamentary committee said.

In a major report on the war on terrorism, the House of Commons foreign affairs committee said the lack of law and order had created a "vacuum" for criminals and militias, with "appalling consequences" for the Iraqi people.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Jul 29th, 2004, 12:29 PM       
Yeah I like how we want to go to war so badly, but we don't want them to last more than a few months..
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Jul 29th, 2004, 12:55 PM       
Its not really our fault that the UN is a complete waste and has had 3 genocides(including this one) under the current ****** head

We need to do something but once again politics seems to come before human life

The countries who are opposing the sanctions aren't the allies we angered over the war in Iraq(to my knowledge) so I think it would still be hard even if we didnt go to Iraq

Apathy is what the UN should be known for
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Jul 29th, 2004, 01:18 PM       
You're a fucking moron.

As for "apathy," well, no. "Obstruction" would be better. And for the record, as far as UN Sec. Generals go, Kofi "****** head" Annan has been one of the more proactiv in history. The role has traditionally be filled with weakness and timidity, since nobody wanted or wants some "internationalist" executive telling them how to run their country.

As for Sudan, yes, I think it's sad. It's depressing to watch the administration debate the semantics over what really counts as "genocide." I mean, were it something lesser, say just plain old "murder," then I could see staying out of Sudan. :/
Old Jul 29th, 2004, 01:42 PM       
Huh. See, when the U.N.wasn't so keen on going to war in Iraq, first we threatened them and then we just went ahead and invaded.

So, really, concidering our current foreign policy of pre-emption and liberation, I guess it is our fault.

And we are all aboard debating semantics over this while a whole race dies. We are really only for 'regime change' and 'nation building' when W. wants to prove he has a bigger weiner than his dad. And W. is going on and on about how 'the world' is safer. Things don't look a whole lot safer in Darfur.

THIS is the kind of situation where you could make a case for unilateral intervention. THIS is the kind of situation where it could save millions of lives.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Jul 29th, 2004, 02:13 PM       
and going without the UN has gotten nothign but criticsm so why would he do it again in Sudan?

How is pointing to Iraq which is seen as a mistake justifying going into Sudan without UN support? Bush did it in Iraq, got tons of shit and the whole Dem party is saying how they will never go alone again unless they have to. I agree that I think Sudan is a far more worthy cause to go in by yourself then Iraq was.

I don't think I'm a fucking dumbass because if ****** head is the best UN head we have had then it proves my point that the UN is a waste and needs drastic improvements

3 genocides
Good job! Mr. Annan

I think the UN and its member nations need to cut the bullshit and recognize it is a genocide and do soemthing about it soon before thousands more continue to be raped and killed.I agree with your last statement Max and hopefully soemthing will be done.