Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Sep 19th, 2008, 02:58 PM        Music Critics Need To Die
Quote:
Even though H.I.M.'s main goal seems to be gaining attention from a female audience, Greatest Lovesongs sure was a success artistically. The contrast between Razorblade Romance and the debut, however, is quite large. Melancholy and angst seem a little artificial, while Greatest Lovesongs had a truly pressuring atmosphere all the time. Razorblade Romance forgets all about that, and the whole concept of Gothic rock and so-called "love metal" repeats itself many times during the album. But the songs themselves are actually very good; when ignoring the implementation, hit songs like "Join Me in Death" and "Right Here in My Arms" work really nicely. And horrendous clichés in lyrics and playing don't really matter, because H.I.M. recycles them well. The slightly overproduced sound may distract for a while, but after all, the song material is of a kind that is hard to fit into a demanding format. Anyhow, the songs as a whole are organized well, and it's easy to listen to the album the whole way through. [The import edition includes bonus tracks.] ~ Antti J. Ravelin, All Music Guide

Burn in Hell Burn in Hell Burn in Hell Burn in Hell Burn in Hell Burn in Hell
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 19th, 2008, 04:42 PM       
Burn the band as well please.
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 19th, 2008, 07:19 PM       
aren't they called H.E.R. in another country or something?

:bammargera
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Sep 20th, 2008, 01:47 PM       
I dunno, aren't they from Finland or some shit?
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 20th, 2008, 01:59 PM       
That means they aren't used to sunlight. Should make the burning easier.
Dogs Get Put Down
DevilWearsPrada is probably a spambot
Old Sep 21st, 2008, 04:34 PM       
I think all music critics in general need to die. I mean, who gives a fuck what you think of a band? Everybody has their own tastes
Scruffy drunken Brit
Fat Ugly Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 05:47 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilWearsPrada View Post
I think all music critics in general need to die. I mean, who gives a fuck what you think of a band? Everybody has their own tastes
Innit. Some cunthorse over at the Guardian called Sarah Dempster had this amazing article where she basically flat out said that while Rap/Hip-Hop/Pop/Dance Music etc have all evolved and experimented, heavy metal is the same now as it was 30 years ago.

Compare something like... I dunno, Anaal Nathrakh to Deep Purple, or Eluveitie to Slayer.

As a cynical metaller I'm all for mocking metal (because let's face it, at the end of the day 80% of it is grown men in leather screaming) but come on, that statement is fucking horseshit.
What Video Games?
Angryhydralisk is probably a spambot
Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 11:06 AM       
Kerrang's review of "The Electric Sleep" is hands down the dumbest review I ever read. They basically said this at the time it came out.

"This is the best Black Sabbath album in oh, about 25 years."

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and Sabotage aren't my favorite albums either but they're still a million times better then this album here. Nevermind the amazingness that was HEAVEN AND HELL.

j/k fuck them
Egg
Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 11:10 AM       
Well Kerrang isn't exactly music journalism.
They're a mallcore version of Tigerbeat.
Scruffy drunken Brit
Fat Ugly Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 09:32 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angryhydralisk View Post
Kerrang's review of "The Electric Sleep" is hands down the dumbest review I ever read. They basically said this at the time it came out.

"This is the best Black Sabbath album in oh, about 25 years."

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and Sabotage aren't my favorite albums either but they're still a million times better then this album here. Nevermind the amazingness that was HEAVEN AND HELL.

It's because these reviews are written by people who can only name four Black Sabbath albums, and regrettably only one of them will be from their first four albums.
It's a shame that their post Ozzy stuff is overlooked. Eternal Idol, Mob Rules, Born Again, Headless Cross are all fucking killer.

Flat out the only BAD Black Sabbath album is Forbidden.
What Video Games?
Angryhydralisk is probably a spambot
Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 12:03 PM       
And Technical Ecstasy. And Never Say Die!. And Seventh Star. And Tyr. And Dehumanizer (I love some of the songs on this but it's still eh.).

j/k fuck them
Ancient Mariner
Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 01:08 PM       
Seventh Star was poor Iommi's damn solo album, it doesn't count