Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Apr 2nd, 2009, 04:18 PM       
My roommate and my friend were switching on and off. I haven't played it by myself yet. I heard the AI was kinda iffy but obviously no where near as good as a friend.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Apr 4th, 2009, 01:12 AM       
I just borrowed a copy from a friend, and I'm impressed. A little silly at times, but I like it.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Apr 4th, 2009, 02:05 PM       
Has anyone else noticed that later in the game during cutscenes Chris looks really confused a lot because his eyes don't move with his facial expressions. A few times I lol'd out loud because of his goofy eyes.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Apr 5th, 2009, 10:31 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
Has anyone else noticed that later in the game during cutscenes Chris looks really confused a lot because his eyes don't move with his facial expressions. A few times I lol'd out loud because of his goofy eyes.
I thought he became a mouth breather later in the game.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Apr 6th, 2009, 08:54 AM       
Spoilers!
SKATASTIC
Old Apr 6th, 2009, 08:57 AM       
Spoilers!

Last edited by 10,000 Volt Ghost : Apr 6th, 2009 at 04:09 PM.
Old Apr 6th, 2009, 02:04 PM       
Spoilers!
Token Bleeding Heart
Old Apr 6th, 2009, 10:20 PM       
Quote:
Spoilers!
I never got to play that one, so this was new for me.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Apr 6th, 2009, 11:40 PM       
He wants to be Agent Smith.
SKATASTIC
Old Apr 6th, 2009, 11:43 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSappington View Post
I never got to play that one, so this was new for me.

It was really really cool when it came out because it reunited Chris and Claire. I don't know if I could go back to it now because of the tank controls. The Teamster Zombies were a laugh riot though. At the very least I recommend reading a synopsis of it.
Token Bleeding Heart
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 12:12 AM       
Will do on the synopsis.
I hated the originals, simply because of their terrible controls. The farthest I got on RE1 was a little past the dog-through-the-window hall. then gave up in frustration.
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 03:18 AM       
You missed some really nice games man
Just think of those characters as a human tank or truck, after a while you will not only be able to play with those stiff controls, but also make some tank/truck-noises when turning and running.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 05:21 AM       
I thought they controlled more like a segway.
drifting in the void
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 07:45 AM       
Segway...Segway...*looks it up* Oh...THOSE things. Always wondered what they were called. But can you make funny segway-noises? And are they as good as the tank and truck-noises?
Token Bleeding Heart
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 08:43 AM       
Segways don't go 'pew pew', either.
drifting in the void
Old Apr 9th, 2009, 02:52 AM       
I have to say, I have yet to see one of those things in real life. Trucks don´t go pew pew either, but they can go WROOOOM! And they beep when they back up.
SKATASTIC
Old Apr 9th, 2009, 09:11 AM       
If you play through RE 1 make sure you play Director's Cut. You might even be able to find RE 1 and RE 2 for gamecube too. I've never played the GC versions but I've heard they updated the graphics.....a lot.
Old Apr 9th, 2009, 10:42 AM       
My absolute favorite thing about RE5 is that all the signs and graffiti in Africa are in english. It just goes to show how accommodating Africans are to the rest of the world.
Token Bleeding Heart
Old Apr 9th, 2009, 06:04 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
I have to say, I have yet to see one of those things in real life. Trucks donīt go pew pew either, but they can go WROOOOM! And they beep when they back up.
We've got segway tours downtown here, and the mall has segway cops. They're fun to piss off.
SKATASTIC
Old Apr 10th, 2009, 11:19 AM       
LS: They have a XBOX magazine out this month dedicated to ZOMBIES that gives a pretty good breakdown of what happened in the prior Resident Evil games and their importance to the main story line.
Old Apr 10th, 2009, 01:30 PM       
What ever happened to the real zombies? You know the mindless ones that shamble around looking for brains?
Token Bleeding Heart
Old Apr 10th, 2009, 01:43 PM       
Quote:
LS: They have a XBOX magazine out this month dedicated to ZOMBIES that gives a pretty good breakdown of what happened in the prior Resident Evil games and their importance to the main story line.
Whoa, much appreciated; I'm gonna have to pick that up ASAP.
I've always wanted a zombie game based off of WWZ; thousands of zombies, all mindless automatons, in a real-world setting. Like Dead Rising, only the zombies actually attack you.
SKATASTIC
Old Apr 10th, 2009, 01:48 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
What ever happened to the real zombies? You know the mindless ones that shamble around looking for brains?
The old mindless shambling zombies of Romero were a metaphor for slow impending death that is unavoidable by all. How they creeped and lurked around every corner. You could easily bypass them by zipping by or destroying them but you knew Death is still coming for you. Death would prevail given time.

The new zombies(zoombies) relate more to fear and panic. Don't get me wrong, the slow zombies still personified fear and panic but you could stratagize and take some time to get around/avoid them(death). Now with the more fast paced Zoombies you have less time to think about how to avoid death. Much how modern society is now. Fast paced with little to no time to think what you're going to do to save your own life let alone the ones you care deeply for.

LS: You're welcome.

Last edited by 10,000 Volt Ghost : Apr 10th, 2009 at 01:49 PM. Reason: More more more
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 10th, 2009, 01:53 PM       
i think part of the idea of RE5 is that they've started to really improve the zombie makin stuff, so now the zombies are more mobile ;(
Old Apr 10th, 2009, 03:47 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
i think part of the idea of RE5 is that they've started to really improve the zombie makin stuff, so now the zombies are more mobile ;(
Whats the point of this zombie makin stuff? I can see where Wesker is going with all this, but what about Umbrella and the other corporation(s)? What would they get out of making the virus? To sell it as a weapon? An overpriced weapon that can still be taken down with an AK?