Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 17th, 2009, 08:48 PM        The War on Kids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Just watched The War on Kids. I is sad.

Warning, their gay ass thinks your browser window is NOT the correct size.

http://www.thewaronkids.com/
I grew up in an inner-city school and nothing was like that for me. Maybe I'm just different maybe it's just because I'm white. Maybe my school was too poor to hire more security officers. But it's getting worse. The kids are getting worse. There were so many fights by the end of my Senior year, it was unbelievable. And you're told not to fight back or else you'll be suspended. I'd rather be suspended than have a brother or some honkey bitch take my teeth. I got suspended for waving my diploma, (we get it before school's out.) I had to take my final tests after school let out for the Summer. And believe me, I fought the thing. I went to the super-intendant of the public schools. I had video and photo evidence.

It never bothered me because I didn't let it and I refuse to believe that I am somehow special. Maybe I have a superiority complex. So what? Administrators want less responsibility. That's how it always is. People want to streamline their lives and make them as easy as possible, and if that means finding someone else to blame, they'll do it. It was my Principal's last year there, too, before he retired. He checked out wayyyyy before graduation. Fuck him.

Is it a new phenomenon? Of course. It started just a couple years ago, while I was already in High School. And I'm probably not the best judge for whom is getting suspended in elementary schools today, but damn. I'm thinking about homeschooling my kid(s), if I ever have one.

But I also blame the kids. Each generation is dumber and more ignorant. Parents are teaching less and less to their kids. I don't know whose fault that is, though.

tl;dr