Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 01:23 PM        AMBASSADOR TO IRAQ IS ANOTHER IRAN/CONTRA ALUM
What is it with W and Iran/Contra scandal players? I understood making Negroponte ambassador to the UN, that was an intentional slap in the face, these guys HATE the UN and appointing a guy who violated US law by channeling money to the contras through his emabassy in Honduras sounds the right note of contempt.

But making him ambassador to Iraq, a job the administration suppossedly thinks is important? Does he speak arabic? No. Does he have any background at all in the Middle East? No. Has he ever served in the middle east before? No. His resume does show however, that if a president wants him to do something the US congress has speciffically forbidden, he's up for it. THAT's his major qualification.

I am amazed they haven't found a job for Oliver North yet.
Buffalo Tom is probably a spambot
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 02:40 PM        Re: AMBASSADOR TO IRAQ IS ANOTHER IRAN/CONTRA ALUM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
What is it with W and Iran/Contra scandal players? I understood making Negroponte ambassador to the UN, that was an intentional slap in the face, these guys HATE the UN and appointing a guy who violated US law by channeling money to the contras through his emabassy in Honduras sounds the right note of contempt.

But making him ambassador to Iraq, a job the administration suppossedly thinks is important? Does he speak arabic? No. Does he have any background at all in the Middle East? No. Has he ever served in the middle east before? No. His resume does show however, that if a president wants him to do something the US congress has speciffically forbidden, he's up for it. THAT's his major qualification.

I am amazed they haven't found a job for Oliver North yet.
I guess all the Nixon era guys are either too old or dead.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 03:11 PM       
You have to give W an A for effort there too. He tried his best to get Henry Kissinger to head up the 9/11 comission.

Dean is still reasonably spry, but since he just wrote book on how W's administration is even more criminal than Nixon's I'd say he's a bad bet.

Liddy is avaliable. They should try to get Liddy a post.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 12:26 AM       
Whatever. Prove to me that John Negroponte some how benefited from the oil-for-food program, and only THEN will I be suspicious of this fine American......
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 12:29 AM