Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Jul 24th, 2009, 12:05 AM        Network Card no longer works
After a particularly intense virus scan which upwards of 20 things were found, the network card and functions no longer worked when coming back from the required restart. The virus scan said things may be damaged, but I though nothing that couldb't be repaired.
Now I've tried reinstalling new drivers, I've tried uninstalling then re-installing. Went through the troubleshooter in the way I could best understand and still nothing. Whenever I install the driver it says there was a problem installing it. The computer doesn't detect it as a network in the program, but in the hardware list it shows it (with an exclamation mark beside it)
The strangest part is that when I shut it down it says "closing network connections."

Little help?
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 24th, 2009, 12:11 AM       
I would take the card out, turn on the comp, shut it down, put the card back in and then turn it on and see if it will register it. I might even go as far as deleting the card from system properties before the first shut down.
Slim Goodbody
Old Jul 24th, 2009, 10:48 PM       
Its sort of unremovable, not exactly a card, but a small box the size of the plug itself that is welded into the motherboard. Maybe the restart while deleted might work though.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 24th, 2009, 11:34 PM       
Yeah, try that at the very least.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jul 27th, 2009, 03:40 PM       
Any luck?
Slim Goodbody
Old Jul 28th, 2009, 03:46 AM       
Haven't had a chance to yet, I'll try it tomorrow.
Slim Goodbody
Old Aug 1st, 2009, 10:51 PM       
I ended up needing to do a system restore and a hemorrhoidal re-installing of everything. It worked like a charm.