Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 4th, 2010, 12:37 PM       
Beisbol be bery bery good to me.

Let the season begin!
You may already be there.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 5th, 2010, 12:22 PM       
There is definitely excitement in the air this year for the Twins. The new stadium and re-signing Mauer has pushed expectations to a deep run to the World Series. Nathan is out for the year so middle reliever Jon Rausch will get the first crack at replacing him. For the first time since the late 80's/early 90's, the Twins have some actual power in the lineup with Thome, Morneau, Cuddyer, and even Mauer hit 30 dingers last year. I get the feeling that if the Twins don't win the Central there's going to be a riot at Target Field.

Hurray for new stadiums:

after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 5th, 2010, 09:13 PM       
And the Phils with "Doc" Halladay at the helm take their first opening day victory in 4 years with an 11-1 thrashing of the lowly Nats.

Oh, would that we could play the Nationals all 162 games.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 5th, 2010, 09:15 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
There is definitely excitement in the air this year for the Twins. The new stadium and re-signing Mauer has pushed expectations to a deep run to the World Series. [...]
Hurray for new stadiums:

Congratulations on the new digs. The stadium looks pretty effing fantastic. Good luck in that AL central, dude.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Apr 7th, 2010, 08:05 AM       
I cant think of anything more insulting for the yankees to return this season as defending champs and lose at fenway park on opening day bwahaha.

Of course the sox lost last night. They haven't started the season with 2-0 record since 1999.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 7th, 2010, 12:53 PM       
Yes, I was chuckling at the fact the Yanks blew a 4 run lead.

My, that was satisfying after the pasting they gave my Phils last year.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 11th, 2010, 09:22 PM       
Roy Halladay - 2-0, 0.56 ERA, 17K, 2 W 16 IP.
Cliff Lee - DL, expected back May, 2010

I realize it's still the first week of the season, but I wonder: Who in Philly is complaining about this deal now?
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 02:23 PM       
Yankees pitcher Chan Ho Park's explanation for his shoddy outing against the Sox:
Beloved Cunt
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 03:08 PM       
The resemblance is uncanny:

after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 16th, 2010, 08:55 PM       
This Philadelphia fan is why Philadelphia fans have a bad reputation. Pig. (My apologies to pigs everywhere.)

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5098407

This article is not safe for your stomach.

EDIT: This guy could be JC's evil twin. Note the shiner. (!)

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Apr 16th, 2010 at 10:51 PM.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 16th, 2010, 10:35 PM       
Haven't caught up on Rome this week because of work, but I will this weekend, I am sure he will have a few words to say about that
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old May 9th, 2010, 06:33 PM       
Some guy from oakland pitched a perfect game against the rays

http://m.espn.go.com/mlb/gamecast?w=...=TOP&topslot=1
after enough bourbon ...
Old May 9th, 2010, 08:34 PM       
I was waiting for the return of "the tongue".
after enough bourbon ...
Old May 9th, 2010, 11:18 PM       
Well, Geggy should feel a little better, after the Sox salvaged one game of the weekend series against the Yanks. They still suck, though.

Sox still need some more good starting pitching; is Dice-K going to get any better after coming off the DL? His first two starts were pretty pathetic.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old May 15th, 2010, 01:42 PM       
What the hell happened to Beckett? He went from ace to batting tee in the course of an off-season.

If the Cards can plug a couple of offensive holes, they're gonna be unstoppable. Schumaker looks like he's starting to come around at the plate, but Ryan is hitting about .170 and can't seem to buy a hit. Once those guys get back to the .300 mark, where they usually are, they should coast to the division win.
Beloved Cunt
Old May 23rd, 2010, 02:09 AM       
Whenever the Twins need a rebound after a short slump, the Brewers come to town. Thanks Milwaukee!
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 4th, 2010, 03:16 PM       
I guess, being the resident Tigers fan here, it falls to me to bring this up.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/pos...all_teach.html

So what happened is Joyce screwed up the call on out 27 and called the runner safe when clearly he was out.

Joyce owned what he did, and did so in a tearful manner. Galarraga handled it with class. He accepted the apology, accepted these things happened, and moved on. Personally I think a little blame falls to him, but the majority of it belongs to Selig.

I think Selig is the real villain here because:

1) he should reverse that call, and he did not. Galarraga has every right to be pissed at Selig (and hopefully is). In this way, Selig cost Galarraga a perfect game.

2) He should never have refused to implement instant replay more fully, especially for calls like this. Selig's desire to keep the human element in the game merely inserts the human error into the game (and while I am on Selig, he's a hypocrite, he wants the human element but turns a blind eye to steroids because it was saving baseball with the HR race it created) In this way also, Selig cost Galarraga a perfect game

Last edited by Pentegarn : Jun 28th, 2010 at 06:09 AM. Reason: typo
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jun 4th, 2010, 09:16 PM       
The real tragedy is that Gallaraga will NEVER get this chance again.

This is the exception that proves the rule. They should allow a manager's challenge once per game - it wouldn't be used much, probably only very rarely, but it would prevent crap like this from going down. Seriously, I've seen many calls that were pivotal in crucial games for which managers have gotten tossed arguing with the umpire. Being allowed to challenge that one call would add time, certainly, to the game, but less time arguing and more time getting the damned call right.

Once per game, Bud. Really. What harm could that cause? At least try it out during preseason and see how it works out.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jun 27th, 2010, 10:39 PM       
Well, the Phils look to be breaking out of their May swoon. Still in 3rd place, but making some headway in the offense department.

Moyer looks like a 27 year old out there, though. Makes me feel better about my own age.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jul 27th, 2010, 05:41 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
I guess, being the resident Tigers fan here...
And as such, doesn't it grate that after the ump denied Gallaraga a perfect game, they get no-hit later in the year?

At least Garza walked one batter.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Aug 12th, 2010, 06:51 AM       
Watch this fast because MLB will have it taken down

EDIT youtube embedding link broken, direct link below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf52e2X0Rgk

The Reds and Cardinals decided to fight, there is a nice bit of mess that led to this

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...-phillips-reds

Brandon Phillips made some comments, and come game time, the Cardinals had themselves a reason to go

Last edited by Pentegarn : Aug 12th, 2010 at 06:32 PM.