Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 12th, 2009, 05:27 PM       
Yep - too little too late.

Flyers need a point tonight against the Rangers for Home Ice in the first round. They're playing Cindy Crosby and those Pens.

I just hope the right team shows up - they've been awfully schizo recently.
You may already be there.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 12th, 2009, 09:00 PM       
Dammit.
Retardedly Handsome
Icculus is probably a spambot
Old Apr 13th, 2009, 01:14 PM       
Oh what a good feeling to spoil the Flyers home ice advantage. Time for some playoff hockey!
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 13th, 2009, 02:03 PM       

Rangers Fans

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!
Retardedly Handsome
Old Apr 13th, 2009, 04:11 PM       
It's coming! I don't feel too good about the rangers playing Washington, everytime I saw them they lost, but that was under the defensive system of Renny not the new attacking system that Torts' has put into play. It's going to be a hard and fast series. Watch for Ovechkin and Staal, they are probably going to be all over eachother.

I like the Bruins Vs. Habs series...hopefuly some good ole time hockey there.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Apr 13th, 2009, 06:58 PM       
I'm a bit nervous about this whole redwings thing.

The only time I ever watch anything with the redwings is hoping that this'll be the one where someone snaps and goes apeshit on Chelios.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 13th, 2009, 09:10 PM       
I like the Jackets, and hope they give the Wings a series, but they really did themselves a disservice by losing the last two (very winnable) games and dropping to the 7th seed. As the 6th seed, they'd have a decent shot at moving on, but against Detroit, they'll need luck. A whole lotta luck.

And as I say this, the Flyers did the same thing by crashing and burning moving from 4th to 5th. Sucktastic.

Hey Icky, if we're lucky, the Flyboys and the Wranglers may meet in the conference finals. Wouldn't that just be delicious?
Retardedly Handsome
Old Apr 14th, 2009, 02:38 PM       
Thats what I'm hoping for. Most of my friends are Flyer fans and the other are Rangers, so anytime they play it turns a little ugly around the TV. Right now I'm just thinking about the caps though. One series at a time. There's a long long long road ahead of the rangers if they were to even make it that far.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 15th, 2009, 09:21 PM       
Fuck, I hate Pittsburgh.

Rangers are giving the Caps what-for, though. That's OK by me.
Retardedly Handsome
Old Apr 16th, 2009, 09:32 AM       
I had the luxury of watch the "keystone battle" on 3 different channels. Pitts defense was solid but Richards has got to stop hitting posts.

I had to watch the intermission reports to see the rangers game. I might have to go home and order the NHL package tonight.
Retardedly Handsome
Old Apr 16th, 2009, 11:58 AM       
I was just reading over some reports from the rangers game and I'm not quite sure how this works out but how can you give the first star of the game to a player (Ov) who didn't score and was on the losing team???? Sure he took a lot of shots and had 2 assists but I don't feel that grants a player the 1st star. Must be nice to have the NHL in your back pocket.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 16th, 2009, 03:37 PM       
It's like the "Jordan" rule in B-Ball, except they awarded Alex "Jordan" status way way too soon, IMO. Cindy is the same way - she'll always be the one talked about at the end of the game, win or lose.

I think the NHL is trying desperately to find their next Great One, who will once again make the league "ready for prime time".
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 07:14 AM       
Yeah, I was afraid they'd end up with the Redwings and was hoping by some miracle they'd move up before it happened, but that's the way it turned out. And, unfortunately, I don't imagine it'll end well.

Oh well, they never made the playoffs before, so it's a start.

Sorta related/unrelated, Icculus, about giving the first star of the game to someone who didn't score and was on the losing team....I had a bone to pick with Detroit (one of many) at the Stanley Cup ceremony last year.

I very distinctly remember them giving the cup to Chelios (whom I despise so very, very much, as you know) to let him do his little victory lap before handing it off to someone who, I don't know, actually played in the Finals. Why the hell did they give it to Chelios first? Didn't he sit it all out?
Retardedly Handsome
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 10:10 AM       
I can only guess is because he is old as balls and everyone feels bad. I did find this funny on Wiki "Chelios has been involved in at least two recent incidents regarding the handling of the Stanley Cup. It was dropped by fellow Red Wing Brett Lebda in Chelios' bar on June 6, 2008, while being handed off by Chelios. Additionally, the Cup was also left behind on a beach in Malibu on July 4 while under the watch of Chelios"

So I saw on the ticker last night that Carcillo is being suspended for one game and Stevens is being fined for "sending a message" at the end of the game. They said that the NHL is going to go after that sort of stuff through the playoffs...WHY MUST THE NHL DESTROY HOCKEY???

At the end of the Boston game there was a big melay, does that mean they are going to suspend all those players? It's Pittsburgh and Philly, of course there is gonna be cheap shots, that's why I watch...Boston and Montreal, that's original 6, they have like 75 years of bad blood.

I guess I just don't get it. The NHL wants to build its fan base and grow and expand, then don't take away the true dirty and gritty nature of the game. Especially during playoffs.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 10:20 AM       
I only got to watch the Bruins vs Habs game. I didn't realize Boston's goalie was no bigger than a mouse. Compared to Chara it was laughable. I was watching it on Canadian tv and the anouncer kept calling him CHAIR-A instead of CHAR-A.

I think the NHL needs to stop looking for it's next star player and just let it happen naturally.
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 01:09 PM       
Boston's goalie? Timmay?
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 03:16 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icculus View Post
So I saw on the ticker last night that Carcillo is being suspended for one game and Stevens is being fined for "sending a message" at the end of the game. They said that the NHL is going to go after that sort of stuff through the playoffs...WHY MUST THE NHL DESTROY HOCKEY???

Yes, I think that's the plan. Idiots.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 05:59 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
Boston's goalie? Timmay?
He reminds me of scrappy doo. Except instead of being annoying he's a hockey goalie with a bear on the side of his head that looks like it's about to eat his skull......that guy.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 11:24 PM       
Damn. Flyers are in trouble now.

Sucks to be me.
Retardedly Handsome
Old Apr 20th, 2009, 09:51 AM       
Hey Flyers pulled out a big one sunday...lets hope they can keep it up.

So I didn't get to see the first rangers game because of location, I don't get MSG here, so I was all excited on Saturday to see them take down the caps in game two. I arrived at my friends house at 1:03 to find that our local NBC affiliate was running an Austism Telethon which was going to run until 3, so I got to see most the third period. I'm not saying that it isn't an important issue. But A.) does anyone watch telethons? B.) how can they do it during a nationaly televised playoff game?
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 20th, 2009, 03:52 PM       
Because everyone seems to think no one cares about hockey

I agree that they should be able to hold their telethon, but yeah, during a playoff game, not so great.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 21st, 2009, 05:29 AM       
But no one does care, at least no one worth worrying about. Except us poor sods.

Rangers give one back to Ovechkin and the STINKING CAPS. Did they forget where Madison Square Garden was?

Good luck to the Jackets tonight. I hope they can at least take one from the Wings - maybe it will make Motown's boys a little uneasy.
Retardedly Handsome
Old Apr 21st, 2009, 09:53 AM       
I was wondering the same thing last night. The refs were horrible but that does make up for missing 3 open goals. On the up side Ov still hasn't scored a goal.

How bout those Ducks. I thought San Jose was going to cruise through round 1....I was wrong.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 21st, 2009, 10:41 AM       
San Jose is the patron saint of #1 seeds that flame out in the first round.
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 21st, 2009, 11:43 AM       
This doesn't bode well. I got this email:

But I had some eye tests yesterday that left me temporarily blind-ish, and I swear I saw this instead: