Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Mar 26th, 2005, 01:05 AM        Good movies/Old Kung Fu movies
I could use some help. I'd like the names of amazing movies, ones that I should be ashamed to say I haven't seen yet. I mean, I just saw Pulp fiction before christmas, and I'm gonna rent donnie darko since people are always screaming about how "good" and "deep" it is.

I'm also looking for some really old martial arts movies, circa bruce lee and even before. If you know any good ones (like Shaolin Master Killer) that you like please suggest them to me.

There is one Bruce Lee where he's in some tower, and he fights a man on each floor until he reaches the top. I saw a clip of it on tv, and I wanted to see the whole thing... anyone know the name?

-Sethomas, Cunning Linguist
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Mar 26th, 2005, 01:42 AM       
the Master Ninja Series

No seriously watch the one They used on Kung Pow it wasn't too bad. I'm trying to think of the name of one i watched when I was younger. All I remember was a fight scene with an old guy Vs young Bad guy and the Bad guy was beating the shit out of the old dude and then he jumps back and says, You may have been master once but your Kung Fu skills are too poor after so many years. or something along those lines then the Old guy cracks a goofy smile winks and the Bad Dudes head EXPLODES!

N00bKill3R is probably a spambot
Old Mar 26th, 2005, 02:52 AM       
The Street Fighter!
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 26th, 2005, 06:34 AM       
crippled masters

Lye is probably a spambot
Old Mar 26th, 2005, 01:32 PM       
executioner from shaolin, and clan of the white lotus(which should be re-released by celestial in april.)
they have gordon lui(sp?) the guy from 36th chambers(master killer) and he kicks a ton of ass in it.

other shaw- Flying Guillotine, The Eight-Diagram Pole Fighter, Chinese Super Ninja, Shaolin Mantis, Heroic Ones, Blood Brothers, The Bastard, Anonymous Heroes, The Delinquent, Boxer From Shantung, 5 Fingers of Death, Chinese Boxer, New One Armed Swordsman, Duel For Gold,
Sleeping Fist(which i found at meijers for $5 as presented by the Wu tang clan.) Theres also the Five deadly venoms which everyone says is a classic, but i thought it was really boring. theres like two full hours of story between the frist and last fight, which is way to long to have a story in a kung fu movie.

I like newer kungfu movies, my favorites being Jackie chans "Legend of Drunken Master"or Drunken Master 2, and "Fist of Legend" with Jet Li. also check out 'twin dragons', which was on Spick tv a few weeks ago, spike also played jackie chan's "project A" too. They have a "films of fury" they show on saterdays at 2 that have been pretty good for what iv seen.

I think the best is still the Street fighter with sonny chiba. it has two sequals and a spinoff, but the first one is still the most badass fighting movie ever. Its japanese so its not really kung fu, but whatever.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Mar 26th, 2005, 02:05 PM       
Spiritual Kung Fu is one of Jackie Chan's old movies from looong ago, and is pretty good. Not over-the-top comedy like his recent stuff, but not super serious either.
adept_ninja is probably a spambot
Old Mar 26th, 2005, 03:28 PM       
Quote:
There is one Bruce Lee where he's in some tower, and he fights a man on each floor until he reaches the top. I saw a clip of it on tv, and I wanted to see the whole thing... anyone know the name?
game of death was the name i think and a kung fu movies i would recomend is "the tai chi master" . This isnt old but you have got to see it "Ong bak" it is the besr kung fu movie I have ever seen.

Lye is probably a spambot
Old Mar 26th, 2005, 04:24 PM       
if anyone is interested, heres a cool site about kung fu movies, and anything related
http://www.shaolinchamber.com/

it has info, pictures, triva, even a big trailer section, and is up to speed on anything kung fu
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Mar 26th, 2005, 10:36 PM       
OMG I love that Sight :O Blade of fury was awesome. I could never remember the name. They even have the clip of the super 5man Decapitation :O