Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 28th, 2008, 09:14 PM       
At this point, I'd take a bucket of warm spit over Adam Eaton.
You may already be there.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Jul 29th, 2008, 12:20 AM       
I don't think anybody would make that offer. A stint in the minors will straighten him up.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Jul 31st, 2008, 06:18 AM       
looks like a trade is in works for manny to go to marlins for 3 young players or the pirates for jason bay. i would be sad to see him go but i think it's gotten to the point when enough is enough. its always the same ol' thing with manny in the middle of season every year. with him attacking red sox travel secetary who is a woman and over 60 y/o, the upper management probably decided that it was the last straw. although it's looking unlikely, i'm hoping for a similiar scenrio when red sox won the world series in 2004 after giving away nomar garciaparra because he was a distraction for being a dickhead and brought in orlando caebera. in the following year, nomar requested that he'd be given a ring because technically he was part of the 2004 team, the red sox organization laughed at him.

i'm predicting cubbies vs angels in the world series.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 31st, 2008, 03:21 PM       
The Philly rags don't generally cover much of the Boston sports scene, but Manny's antics are getting a significant chunk of press. The (football) saga of TO, both in SF and in Philly comes to mind. This guy better figure himself out soon, or else he'll "act" his way out of baseball.

Seriously, with his "skill" in the outfield, he truly is a player made for the American League, and with his baggage, and commensurate press coverage, even with his considerable bat he might find it tough to land anywhere on a long-term basis.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Jul 31st, 2008, 04:49 PM       
You're not the first person making comparsions between manny and TO. At least red sox no longer have to deal with all of his clowning around as he has been traded to LA dodgers in a three way deal that would bring in jason bay from pirates to the sox. Now that manny gets his wishes to get out of boston and into a new scenery, he will get his shit back together.

How about ken griffey moving to chicago to play with the white sox?
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 31st, 2008, 05:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggy View Post
How about ken griffey moving to chicago to play with the white sox?
I'm honestly surprised it took that long for Griffey to get moved.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jul 31st, 2008, 10:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggy View Post
At least [the] Red Sox no longer have to deal with all [Manny Ramirez'] clowning around as he has been traded to LA Dodgers in a three way deal that would bring in Jason Bay from [the] Pirates to the Sox.
I read today on ESPN that the 3-way deal was all but dead. Shows how much they know (or think they know). Probably better for him in the short run to move to the National League, where he's not seen nearly as much (and thus not in the newspapers for his antics, just for his statistics). Plus the switch in coasts can't hurt either.

Statistically, Ramirez is only slightly more productive, and he's 7 years older than Bay, who can't help but be a better fielder. I think the Red Sox made out quite well.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 1st, 2008, 08:09 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
(and thus not in the newspapers for his antics, just for his statistics).
Hell, his antics are all I really want to see from him.

Holding up a game to take a leak behid the right field wall... priceless.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 1st, 2008, 10:47 AM       
Urination in the field? (Must have missed this one) Is there a youtube video of this momentous occasion?

I can't wait until he comes to the "Bank" later this month.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 3rd, 2008, 10:55 PM       
Livan Hernandez and Craig Monroe were released the other day and Fransisco Liriano was called up after going 10-2 in AAA this year. In his first start since the call-up and his 4th of the year after getting rocked in April, Liriano pitched 6 shutout innings and the Twins FINALLY moved past the White Sox to take the Central lead.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Aug 4th, 2008, 12:36 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
Livan Hernandez and Craig Monroe were released the other day and Fransisco Liriano was called up after going 10-2 in AAA this year. In his first start since the call-up and his 4th of the year after getting rocked in April, Liriano pitched 6 shutout innings and the Twins FINALLY moved past the White Sox to take the Central lead.
Throwing hundreds of caps and baseballs onto the field in the process
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 4th, 2008, 07:30 PM       
All thanks to Gardenhire's high school quality punt of his hat.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Aug 6th, 2008, 04:48 PM       
Finally, sanity coming through in the insane world of relief pitching. I've been saying this for years. I just wish he didn't use the Mets as an example of what not to do.

Closers are nothing more than dramatic effect. Why leave your best pitcher until the game is already decided?
Beloved Cunt
Old Aug 6th, 2008, 10:43 PM       
Twins rookie Denard Span makes a home run saving catch in the 7th to secure an eventual 7-3 win over the Mariners, avoiding a sweep.

BTW Blanco, how do Mets fans feel about Santana? Worth the money and or players?
Mocker
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 07:17 AM       
Still early to tell, but I like the way its going so far. He isn't racking up wins but that is because of run support and bullpen problems. The trade made the Mets better. Thats what matters.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 12:09 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Blanco View Post
Finally, sanity coming through in the insane world of relief pitching. I've been saying this for years. I just wish he didn't use the Mets as an example of what not to do.

Closers are nothing more than dramatic effect. Why leave your best pitcher until the game is already decided?
Nice article. One thing - how come that percentage thing didn't work for the Phils in game 6 of the '93 series? I guess someone had to be part of that 6% that lost a ninth inning lead.
Mocker
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 12:58 PM       
Thats why its called statistical probability and not statistical certainty.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 09:05 PM       
Don't muddy the waters with facts, EB. Just let me wallow in some self-pity.
Beloved Cunt
Old Aug 9th, 2008, 01:44 AM       
Twins win on the road in Kansas City 4-1 but the god damn White Sox won as well leaving the TC Boys a half game out of first. C'mon ChiSox, just collapse already.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 15th, 2008, 08:08 PM       
Phils just dropped 4 straight to Manny and the Dodgers. We suck.
Beloved Cunt
Old Aug 16th, 2008, 03:29 AM       
Twins top Seattle and Liriano gets his third consecutive win.

Last edited by WhiteRat : Aug 16th, 2008 at 05:07 AM.
Beloved Cunt
Old Aug 17th, 2008, 02:22 AM       
Twins hold off Seattle for a 7-6 win and once again are tired with the White Sox for first place.
Beloved Cunt
Old Aug 21st, 2008, 09:09 PM       
So I was reading the Countdown To Opening Day thread and two folks here picked the Twins to finish dead last or 2nd to last in the AL Central. They are wrong. Just felt like letting you guys know that.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Aug 21st, 2008, 09:20 PM       
I'm really happy with the way the playoff picture is shaping up. MLB has to be given some credit for how much parity there is. Everyone lauds the NFL for it, but not baseball. Hopefully your Twins edge out one of the Sox teams and the Brewers stay above the Cards.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Aug 26th, 2008, 05:05 PM       
You still your blasphemous tongue, pac-man. My beloved Cardinals will trounce the Brewers and gain the wild-card. Maybe even pass the Cubs as the Cubs fall into a September Swoon.

Of course, that's assuming every one of our starters throws complete games for the rest of the season, so the bullpen can't come in and fuck it up.

Nevertheless, hope springs eternal.