Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2009, 02:51 PM        Left 4 Dead 2 announced... wait, what?
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/47...or-PC-Xbox-360

Quote:
Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Half-Life and Counter-Strike) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced Left 4 Dead 2 (L4D2), the sequel to the best-selling and critically-acclaimed co-operative multiplayer thriller. Coming exclusively to Xbox 360 and PC, L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-operative action games and become one of 2009's marquee titles.
"A large part of how Left 4 Dead became 2008's top-selling new IP on Xbox 360 and the PC was the custom-tailored gameplay made possible by the AI Director," said Gabe Newell, president and co-founder of Valve. "With the knowledge gained from creating the original, new technology, and a passionate team, L4D2 will set a new benchmark for cooperative action games."
Set for release on November 17, the title adds melee combat to enable deeper co-operative gameplay, with items such as a chainsaw, frying pan, axe, baseball bat, and more.
Introducing the AI Director 2.0, L4D's dynamic gameplay is taken to the next level by giving the Director the ability to procedurally change weather effects, world objects, and pathways in addition to tailoring the enemy population, effects, and sounds to match the players' performance. The result is a unique game session custom fitted to provide a satisfying and uniquely challenging experience each time the game is played.
Featuring new Survivors, boss zombies, weapons, and items, Left 4 Dead 2 offers a much larger game than the original with more co-operative campaigns, more Versus campaigns, and maps for Survival mode available at launch.
Supported by a $10+ million marketing campaign, Left 4 Dead has sold over 2.5 million retail copies since it was released in November of 2008. Left 4 Dead 2 is targeted for release on Xbox 360 and the PC on November 17, 2009, and will be launched worldwide with a multi-million dollar marketing campaign across TV, Outdoor, and Online.
"Left 4 Dead was backed by our most aggressive advertising campaign to date, and resulted in a top 5 showing on two platforms during holiday 2008," said Doug Lombardi, VP of marketing at Valve. "Left 4 Dead 2 is a larger game and will be supported with even more consumer and retail advertising programs than the original."
Kind of out of character for Valve to announce a sequel so quickly after the first game :/
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 1st, 2009, 03:10 PM       
I'M ECSTATIC
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jun 1st, 2009, 03:27 PM       
I hope it has Francis in it so he can hate all new stuff.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2009, 03:37 PM       
Trailer:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-left-4-dead/49967?type=flv
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2009, 04:06 PM       
Meh. Should have been an update. TF2's getting new maps, modes and weapons still.

Didn't the SDK just come out for the first game? Where's HL2 episode 3?

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 1st, 2009, 05:53 PM       
I'M ECSTATIC
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 1st, 2009, 06:43 PM       
i can't wait :O i was hoping they would do something like this... I just hope it doesn't end up being like soldier of fortune two's randomness :O :O

left4dead is great, but once you memorize all the levels, even with the director, it's not as surprising/scary as before.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 1st, 2009, 06:57 PM       
RANDOM LEVEL GENERATORS
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jun 1st, 2009, 08:11 PM       
THIS IS ALMOST AS COOL AS WHEN I SAW LEFT 4 HEAD
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 2nd, 2009, 01:03 AM       
Meh.

L4D was good. About two weeks later it became aight. Couldn't imagine paying more than 14.99 for this game. I agree with PG in that it should have just been an update
Forum Virgin
master chief is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2009, 09:48 PM       
I told my friend the same thing I will say here, it takes them 10 years between team fortress 1 and 2, not saying its a good game, but still, 3 years between half life 2 episode 1 and episode 2, they still havn't even announced half life 2 episode 3... and they pull this left 4 dead idea out of their ass and make it in less than a year and announce a sequal within a year! I want half life games.. to be honest... my xbox is broken to so I can't even get left 4 dead...

O yea and from what you said mattjack, someone thought the same thing you did and made this hilarious video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K9bF...495&feature=iv
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Jun 12th, 2009, 12:10 AM       
The only problem I have with this is that I liked the characters too much to get these new ones.
I mean, you had the pissed off Vietnam vet, the motorcyclist, tattooed guy who hates everything, the movie-quoting chick, and the moderately funny black guy. All traded for Louisiana stereotypes.
Also, they better add more depth to the guns. I got sick of choosing between pistol, SMG, shotgun, assault rifle, sniper rifle, and auto-shotgun. Seriously, you couldn't maybe add a few extra guns to each class, with different specs?
mmmm....custom user title
TheBigMan045 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 12th, 2009, 06:25 PM       
i just played l4d online at netcafes and shit cant wait for it to be released so i can suck even more
See, there's three kinds of people: dicks, pussies, and assholes. Pussies think everyone can get along, and dicks just want to fuck all the time without thinking it through. But then you got your assholes. And all the assholes want us to shit all over everything! So, pussies may get mad at dicks once in a while, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes. And if they didn't fuck the assholes, you know what you'd get? You'd get your dick and your pussy all covered in shit!
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jun 12th, 2009, 10:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by master chief View Post
I told my friend the same thing I will say here, it takes them 10 years between team fortress 1 and 2, not saying its a good game, but still, 3 years between half life 2 episode 1 and episode 2, they still havn't even announced half life 2 episode 3... and they pull this left 4 dead idea out of their ass and make it in less than a year and announce a sequal within a year! I want half life games.. to be honest... my xbox is broken to so I can't even get left 4 dead...

O yea and from what you said mattjack, someone thought the same thing you did and made this hilarious video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K9bF...495&feature=iv
Too bad half life and its sequel were fucking awful
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 13th, 2009, 12:55 AM       
remember chojin, you're talking to master chief here
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Jun 13th, 2009, 02:52 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
Too bad half life and its sequel were fucking awful
I have lost all respect for you.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jun 13th, 2009, 10:37 AM       
HALF-LIFE 2: XTREME MOTORBOATING
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jun 13th, 2009, 10:55 AM       
MY OPINION IS BETTER THAN YOURS.

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jun 13th, 2009, 11:01 AM       
Over 50% of Half Life 2's original content was cut out for release time or some shit. I really hope someone uses that leaked 2003 stuff to re-create a little bit of the lost content, because some of it sounds pretty sweet. Especially the Tau Canon, which was my favorite gun in the original game and ended up only being mounted on that shitty scout buggy.

I think Episode 2 is really, really good, though.

Take a drink every time Alyx is APPALLED by the situation at hand.
was never good
Old Jun 13th, 2009, 11:33 AM       
Half-life 2 was long enough without 50% more content. What they had in there already sucked a dick, and I'm not confident that they only cut out the good parts.

I love pretty much everything else Valve has done, but I hate the HL series. It's just boring and awful.
Token Bleeding Heart
Old Jun 13th, 2009, 12:07 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
Half-life 2 was long enough without 50% more content. What they had in there already sucked a dick, and I'm not confident that they only cut out the good parts.

I love pretty much everything else Valve has done, but I hate the HL series. It's just boring and awful.
I'll admit the boat and buggy were tedious, but at the same time I liked that, because it's not like in Halo, where you get a car, just to go maybe a mile or two. It kinda reminded you that this was a desperate dash for the next rebel station, and it wasn't going to be easy.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jun 13th, 2009, 12:11 PM       
The vehicle segments are sort of neat, they just have awful controls and absolutely no challenge to them.
Token Bleeding Heart
Old Jun 14th, 2009, 01:54 PM       
I dunno; on hard, that helicopter will ruin you if you're not careful.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jun 14th, 2009, 01:58 PM       
Or if you don't keep the W key held down
4 Eyes, No Brain.
Danny 4 Eyes is probably a spambot
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 06:40 PM       
Quote:
THIS IS ALMOST AS COOL AS WHEN I SAW LEFT 4 HEAD
I hear that mate.