Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old May 31st, 2008, 10:34 PM        EliteXC Saturday Night Fights
Anybody else watching this? Gina "Crush from American Gladiators" Carano just put a beating on Kaitlin Young, marking the first time I've seen a women's MMA match.

All-in-all, a good event so far. Of course I just tuned in to see Kimbo Slice knock this giant on his ass.

Does anybody think MMA has supplanted boxing as America's combat sport of choice?
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old May 31st, 2008, 10:49 PM       
Kimbo Slice would be the only reason why i'd even want to watch EliteXC. I've never heard of the organization before, much the guys fighting in it.

I think MMA has eclipsed boxing at least for the under 40 crowd. All of the bars around here are packed for UFC fights, with most of them charging various cover charges. It's not unusual to show up an hour and a half before an event only to find the bar to be standing room only.
Oozes machismo
Old May 31st, 2008, 11:02 PM       
Not a lot of notable fighters in EliteXC, but the fights have been good-- a lot of boxing, front/side/roundhouse kicks, and with a pinch of wrestling and ground pounding. Definitely suited for Kimbo's style.

Yeah, I'd agree with the under 40 demographic being big on MMA. Boxing (especially the heavyweights) has just suffered so many woes over the last decade-plus, and for every Floyd Mayweather-Ricky Hatton championship bout, you get a dozen complete let downs.
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
Oozes machismo
Old May 31st, 2008, 11:43 PM       
Well, EliteXC just showed how much they want Kimbo to succeed. James Thompson was winning on my card, but a third round flurry of punches by Kimbo (that popped Thompson's cauliflower ear) led to a stoppage. Thompson wasn't even about to go down.

I'm all about Kimbo being big time, but make him earn it.
corporate whore
Dirge is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2008, 05:43 AM       
Gary Shaw is awful. Business degree from WWE or what?

Dana White went to bed laughing i know it.

oh well Pulver vs Faber will cheer me up.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 1st, 2008, 12:42 PM       
Yeah, i read that Thompson won the first 2 rounds 10-9 and that when the fight was stopped the announcers yelled "horrible stoppage!". I saw a clip of Thompson landed over a dozen uncontested elbows right to Kimbo's dome piece. I like Kimbo's story but last night's fight clearly showed that he's not this unstoppable machine that the media portrays him to be.
ni kar'tayl gar darasuum
Kybo Ren is probably a spambot
Old Jun 2nd, 2008, 08:26 PM       
Frank Shamrock is the elitexc VC? fuck that noise.
Kimbo needs some endurance- He looked like he knew he might've bit of more than he could chew, but was gonna swallow anyway! he also seemed more unsure of himself than his other fights, not drunk enough?
Oozes machismo
Old Jun 2nd, 2008, 09:14 PM       
Maybe not hungry enough. He's been exalted since before his debut... too many ESPN features and Cage Potato videos may have him believing his own hype.
Beloved Cunt
Old Jun 2nd, 2008, 09:20 PM       
Or maybe he's just not as good as people make him out to be?
Oozes machismo
Old Jun 2nd, 2008, 09:21 PM       
Beloved Cunt
Old Jun 2nd, 2008, 10:31 PM       
I had no clue that Butterbean fought in MMA:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqRFI...eature=related
Oozes machismo
Old Jun 3rd, 2008, 02:40 AM       
This is either the Samuel Adams talking, or the best idea ever:

Kimbo Slice, Butterbean Esch, Tank Abbott, Mike Tyson, Akebono, and the Big Show in WWE's elimination chamber match. Make it a huge purse and promise the winner that they'd get their dignity back. I guarantee somebody would die in that ring.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 3rd, 2008, 11:33 PM       
I have a few coworkers who are in the low rank MMA local circuit and they all to a man agree that Kimbo is not what they hype says he is. They just call him a big man who hits really hard and that a submission fighter would have him down in under 30 seconds. As for me, I don't watch it but from what I heard about it i really didn't want to. I am not really up for seeing an undrained, puss-filled injury get splattered onto the first row by a punch that made it rupture.
corporate whore
Old Jun 4th, 2008, 03:37 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by pac-man View Post
This is either the Samuel Adams talking, or the best idea ever:

Kimbo Slice, Butterbean Esch, Tank Abbott, Mike Tyson, Akebono, and the Big Show in WWE's elimination chamber match. Make it a huge purse and promise the winner that they'd get their dignity back. I guarantee somebody would die in that ring.

ugh no no no no

kimbo is getting better but no matter what bas teaches him he's 32.

pulver/faber-great
torres/jap-awesome!
Oozes machismo
Old Jun 4th, 2008, 08:28 AM       
It's hard to gauge just how much better he's actually gotten. He's won all of fights doing the same thing he did in the backyard videos. He certainly wouldn't be 3-0 if he went to UFC instead of the minor leagues.
Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Jun 4th, 2008, 09:41 AM       
Slice gets press because his path to MMA is unlike any other fighter. The fact that he looks scary as shit lends to the story. He'll cut his teeth on washouts and low-rated fighters then he'll get his introduction to UFC. It'll happen. Too much money involved to NOT let him get a shot, regardless of White's no-nonsense management. We'll see how Slice does when he gets there.
Last edited by Chojin : Jan 1st, 2000 at 12:01 AM.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 4th, 2008, 12:55 PM       
Kimbo isn't anything special. Gary Shaw, the owner of EliteXC, is just building him up. Who did he fight before Thompson? uhhhh Tank Abbot? That guy hadn't won a fight it what, nine years? Gary Shaw is feeding Kimbo can after can just to inflate his Heavy Weight Champion's record.

I don't know about yall, but the fight I was watching was pretty much what and what til the 3rd round. You can see in the replay where Thompson is pretty much seeing stars as his face is getting pummeled. I agree that the fight stoppage was fuc*in horrible, but Thompson was about to be kissing the mat.

I think many of the UFC fighters could make quick work of Kimbo. He simply has zero ground game and his striking isn't technical enough. Tito, Babalu, Shogun, Mir, Lyoto, Couture, etc etc would all make very quick work of Kimbo.

Kimbo to his credit, does have a chin of steel and a heart of melted down pawn shop jewlery gold, but if he fought another brawler, say Wandy, Chucky, or even Big Bob Sapp we could always hope for another
Frye\Takayama
Beloved Cunt
Old Jun 4th, 2008, 07:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJack View Post
Kimbo isn't anything special. Gary Shaw, the owner of EliteXC, is just building him up. Who did he fight before Thompson? uhhhh Tank Abbot? That guy hadn't won a fight it what, nine years? Gary Shaw is feeding Kimbo can after can just to inflate his Heavy Weight Champion's record.

I don't know about yall, but the fight I was watching was pretty much what and what til the 3rd round. You can see in the replay where Thompson is pretty much seeing stars as his face is getting pummeled. I agree that the fight stoppage was fuc*in horrible, but Thompson was about to be kissing the mat.

I think many of the UFC fighters could make quick work of Kimbo. He simply has zero ground game and his striking isn't technical enough. Tito, Babalu, Shogun, Mir, Lyoto, Couture, etc etc would all make very quick work of Kimbo.

Kimbo to his credit, does have a chin of steel and a heart of melted down pawn shop jewlery gold, but if he fought another brawler, say Wandy, Chucky, or even Big Bob Sapp we could always hope for another
Frye\Takayama
Very well said. The guy is going to be in for a rude wake-up call if (probably more so when) he cracks into UFC.
Oozes machismo
Old Jun 4th, 2008, 09:05 PM       
I don't know how much ProElite is paying Kimbo, but think about this: with his age (34), marketability, and sense of humor (made evident by the "What Would Kimbo Do" videos and his talk show appearances) would anybody be suprised if he decided to go to the WWE? My elimination cage match idea was a drunken rambling, but it made me think:

Would Vince McMahon be willing to shill out good money to get Kimbo on his team? And would Kimbo do it?
Beloved Cunt
Old Jun 4th, 2008, 09:17 PM       
Yes and for the right amount of money yes. Now that you mention it, he's perfect for WWE since he basically is one big circus act.
ni kar'tayl gar darasuum
Kybo Ren is probably a spambot
Old Jun 5th, 2008, 01:51 AM       
Kimbo in WWE? He looked like he had to keep himself in check on saturday, in WWF he'd get pissed and do a real number on some loudmouth jackass. Don't matter what Vince pays, can't see Kimbo working for the monkey grinder.

WWE-stupid treehuggers and their lawyers! if it wasn't for those fucks we could see the real fight:

Kimbo Slice VS Kangaroo

I've always wanted to see Butterbean take down a bear or a gorilla too.
corporate whore
Old Jun 5th, 2008, 02:31 AM       
Quote:

Frye\Takayama

i agree with that. wandy murdered Jardine. Kimbo wouldnt have any idea what to do with him or anyone in that class...
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 5th, 2008, 03:05 PM       
I think Kimbo will stick with MMA until he gets a few hardcore losses under his belt, and then he'll go to the WWE where he'll become the new leader of a new Nation of Domination, fued with DX, find out he's the Rock's son, and then have some type of beard shave/grow match with Vince McMahon for the main event of Summer Slam.

I think Wandy vs. Kimbo would be bad ass because they are both brawlers, only Wandy has more training/fights under his belt. Kimbo has a chin of steel though, so it would basically be a slobber knocker of epic proportions. I secretly think Kimbo would win if they just decided to stand and bang.

Jardine confuses me. He confuses me the same way weather confuses me, but only he's much more ugly than any natural disaster that I've ever seen or read about. He looks like the baby of Anton Szandor LaVey and Steven Buscemi, but uglier and less cool.

Jardine knocks Forrest Griffin the hell out like Griffin owed him money, but then gets absolutely demolished by Houston Alexander. Alexander had I think two or three fights under his belt in MMA, but managed to hurt the entire Jardine family's feelings by brutally knocking Keith the *u*k out via knees to the face. Oh I forgot to mention that fight lasted roughly two minutes?

Fast forward to Jardine's next opponent, Chucky Liddell. Chuck had just lost his title and Keith had just got his sh*t pushed in. The UFC decided to feed their most popular title holder in history an Ultimate Fighter (tv series)contestant, hmm who could possibly win? Fuckin' Jardine does. It was a decision win, but none the less a win over one of the most popular and feared men in the UFC.

What happens next in the Jardine story?

Jardine fights Wandy (whom Chuck beat, so by my MMA math calculations that's Jardine>Chuck>Wandy.)and lasts about as long as me during my first time having sex (roughly 60 seconds). It was probably one of the more brutal knock outs I have seen in MMA to boot. You can see Jardine on the mat with his arms straight out next to his side, fists clinched, legs straight out, and eyes in the back of his head. He looked like he was auditioning to be a plank on a boat for the Pirates Of The Caribbean.

Last edited by MattJack : Jun 5th, 2008 at 04:41 PM.
corporate whore
Old Jun 6th, 2008, 06:28 AM       
Kimbo is going to WWE. Start taking odds now.

Jardine cant take the heavy hands. Forrest doesnt have that. Houston sure does. The Chuck fight would blow a whole in this theory but if u watch it, all he does is leg kick, leg kick, leg kick, and Chuck never has a chance to counter punch. i think he catches him once? Then Wandi doesnt even give him a chance to play that. he just breaks his foot off in his ass. Plus "The Dean's" a sloucher and no sloucher ever wins anything...
SUFFER is probably a spambot
Old Aug 13th, 2008, 09:51 AM       
Quote:

What happens next in the Jardine story?

Jardine fights Wandy (whom Chuck beat, so by my MMA math calculations that's Jardine>Chuck>Wandy.)and lasts about as long as me during my first time having sex (roughly 60 seconds). It was probably one of the more brutal knock outs I have seen in MMA to boot. You can see Jardine on the mat with his arms straight out next to his side, fists clinched, legs straight out, and eyes in the back of his head. He looked like he was auditioning to be a plank on a boat for the Pirates Of The Caribbean.
YEAH