Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 08:07 PM       
and that's not even to say the site sucks or something i just don't read it

i have some pot sitting in a bowl ready to be smoked, but i have to be at work by 7am tomorrow to help run a workshop uggggh
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 08:07 PM       
GUESS I'LL JUST LISTEN TO DOOM METAL AND BE DEPRESSED
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 08:08 PM       

Last edited by liquidstatik : Jun 29th, 2023 at 07:07 AM.
rockfuckcunt
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 08:09 PM       
it really makes me upset to go to the main forum page and see that music hasn't been updated since december and loveline since NOVEMBER and the last post in there was by MLE of all people someone i used to know -gotye
kitatsdiuqil
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 08:10 PM       

rockfuckcunt
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 08:11 PM       
RoG, if you can hear me, DO SOMETHING

is it still going to come out on vinyl because i will buy that ish immediately
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 08:11 PM       
There were a ton of funny things here. Catching pervs on the internet, pissing off straight edge fags, stealing candy. It all changed one day because someone is trying to be serious and it could effect his career. This is a guys life and if it came between him getting a life changing job or me laughing at penises, well he made the wrong choice.
kitatsdiuqil
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 08:13 PM       

rockfuckcunt
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 08:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
There were a ton of funny things here. Catching pervs on the internet, pissing off straight edge fags, stealing candy. It all changed one day because someone is trying to be serious and it could effect his career. This is a guys life and if it came between him getting a life changing job or me laughing at penises, well he made the wrong choice.
what is this "life changing job"? i think i remember RoG hanging out with the behemoth dudes
rockfuckcunt
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 08:34 PM       
OKAY CONVERSATION OVER FUCK OFF EVERYBODY
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 08:49 PM       
he never got that life changing job
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Jan 24th, 2014, 08:54 PM       
Well, thanks the for the revival that totally wasn't a downer to read.

Motion to (re)start an embarrassing/dumb/funny sexual memory thread in loveline.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 24th, 2014, 09:49 PM       
I 2nd it
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jan 25th, 2014, 01:23 AM       
Yeah I gotta stop being so serious all the time.

Also, what job is it you're talking about? I'd like to know so I know what dream job I'm supposed to try to get. I released the game of my dreams and now I'm almost done making a game with my pals that I was hired to create for Adult Swim. It's a lot of fun, but it's also a LOT of work that takes up most of my time cuz I want these things to be awesome. When I have free time, I always try to create some fun new content for the site.

As for these forums being so quiet, to put it simply - a lot of forums died off when social media sites became all the rage. That's where people mostly talk now. Some sites still have forums that are active, most don't. There's no magic button I can push to suddenly breathe new life into these forums. And for those of you who only came here for the forums, I honestly think you've missed out on a lot, but hey... I realize I-Mockery's articles, games, videos & more aren't for everyone, so no hard feelings.

I love I-Mockery and I'm super thankful for all the fans it has made over the years and how long it's managed to hang around. If you liked how something used to be on here, that's awesome. If prefer the newer content on here more, awesome. Whatever the case may be, I don't believe in constantly doing the same thing forever. I think you should always try new things.

I got bored doing the old mockery sites and rants back in the day, so I started doing other stuff. When I got tired of that, I started working on comics. After that, I moved onto simple web games. From there, I started working on much bigger games. Next, I started up a web show. Now I'm working on videos, performing in live shows when I can, and making more games. When time permits, I put up new articles about the things I love... toys, games, Halloween, whatever happens to be inspiring me at the moment. I-Mockery will always be a wonderful home where I can spill out my brain.

It's always nice when people follow whatever new projects I work on, but I certainly don't expect everybody to like everything I do. All I can tell ya is that I'm always going to keep working, because I can't stand doing nothing. Thanks again to all of you who've stuck around for ages and continue to do so.

☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 25th, 2014, 03:30 AM       
Hey, don't call me on my bullshit. That's not cool bro.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jan 25th, 2014, 10:11 AM       
THIS IS A VERY POIGNANT CONVERSATION, AND QUITE APT SINCE THIS THREAD WAS OFFICIALLY TEN YEARS OLD LAST WEEK.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jan 25th, 2014, 10:16 AM       
Speaking of last week, I got this PM:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsWitty
So I doubt you still check this website, but if you do I want to tell you that you were an early influence on my internet career. Milhouse backwards was an institution in my chatroom personalities and Chojin was a big fat bitch. Morrowind had been the rage and I was enthralled by the exclusive, bullshit society that formed under the rock of I-Mockery.

You were funny as shit and I wish I could find your blog and your posted conversations with smaterchild or whatever the fuck was so funny about you. I remember thinking you and whats-his-name who made the damn site were on par but you were funnier. haha -Rog- or whatever.

Anyway I'm surprised I remembered about this website and congratulations on essentially being a brain fart I had ten years ago and then also tonight.
I get messages like this a lot from random forum people I don't remember anymore, which is weird because MY biggest influence was Jixby and I was essentially a big Jixby rip-off for a very long time. Hell, my first website was basically a carbon copy of the Jixby Phillips Page-O-Fun.

rockfuckcunt
Old Jan 25th, 2014, 11:24 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioRPG View Post
Well, thanks the for the revival that totally wasn't a downer to read.

Motion to (re)start an embarrassing/dumb/funny sexual memory thread in loveline.
for real, let's do that. loveline was my only savior in life before i got married

i.e. i got married last year guys woot woot
rockfuckcunt
Old Jan 25th, 2014, 11:27 AM       
my biggest influences were bape and bubsyyyyyyyyyy. the bape takeover of this forum was a landmark in my internet life

i agree with RoG that social media has killed forums, and really this was the only forum i ever posted on (aside from smogon when i was super obsessed with pokemon... anyway). social media is terrible though; i still interact with danny tatom (bros4lyfe) on there a lot, and i see willie cry about losing jobs and singing karaoke which is great

not sure the point of this post. i'm at work on a saturday and hate everything

anyone here located in houston, texas? i'll be there for work Monday - Wednesday, let's get drunk
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 25th, 2014, 03:27 PM       
I think forums can make a come back. It's way easier to navigate and hold conversations than facebook. Facebook and their kind are way to ADD for me. I like novels, not short stories.
kitatsdiuqil
Old Jan 25th, 2014, 06:11 PM       

I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Jan 25th, 2014, 09:04 PM       
The social media thing is definitely accurate. People seem to think they'd rather talk to their friends instead of strangers on the internet about things they find funny. Who knows, I mean, btc keeps checking back every now and again so maybe there is still hope.

Also I guess Esuohlim is a big shot or something

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Old Jan 25th, 2014, 10:49 PM       
2014 I'VE STILL GOT THE CLOUT

I agree that social media is rendering message boards sort of obsolete. In this day and age where people are scrolling through their phones for two minutes at a time throughout the day, stuff like Twitter and Facebook is easily and quickly digestible. You see it, like it, share it, whatever, and move on.

What I miss the most is the amount of effort making internet content used to take. You don't really see that effort anymore. Everything's become disposable.

kitatsdiuqil
Old Jan 25th, 2014, 11:41 PM       

kitatsdiuqil
Old Jan 25th, 2014, 11:42 PM       

Last edited by liquidstatik : Jun 29th, 2023 at 07:06 AM.