Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Nov 8th, 2008, 02:10 PM        Secret Santa?
Is it happening this year?

That was very funny. Well done.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Nov 8th, 2008, 02:33 PM       
Are you organizing an official sign up sheet here?
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Nov 8th, 2008, 02:51 PM       
ZOMBOID IS GOING TO SEND ME A GUITAR!
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Nov 8th, 2008, 03:34 PM       
I just gave that to value village. Got sick of seeing it and I got in shit from this girl I know for not giving it to her either. In retrospect, I should've traded sex for the guitar... with either of you.

I'm not organizing a sign up sheet, but I guess anyone who's interested can post in here until the official thread comes along. It'll give more time to think about whether you're in or not :O

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Nov 8th, 2008, 04:04 PM       
Well, if I can be in I'd like to be. I'll leave it at that for the time being.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Nov 8th, 2008, 05:29 PM       
no money

If I had some though, hell yeah
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Nov 8th, 2008, 05:39 PM       
I'm kinda having financial problems, so if I'm not able to get a job for christmas vacation I don't think I'll participate
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 03:08 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
Is it happening this year?
If one of you wants to organize it this year, I'll be more than happy to participate in it for sure. Just let me know and I'll let you make a Secret Santa thread in the Forum Events area just like the one from last year: http://www.i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19326
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 09:59 AM       
I'm down for participating again.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 01:29 PM       
No money, and I don't feel like setting up one of those post office rent-a-address things.
Plus it'd be my luck I got sent a used condom or something.

Last edited by LordSappington : Nov 9th, 2008 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Decided I didn't want to get banned for being a dumbass
The Wolf
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 02:59 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post
If one of you wants to organize it this year, I'll be more than happy to participate in it for sure. Just let me know and I'll let you make a Secret Santa thread in the Forum Events area just like the one from last year: http://www.i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19326
I'll organize it. You'll just have to ban all the jixby phillips who fail at it.

Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 03:07 PM       
I wonder if I'll get F'd in the A again this yea

Sign me up
Pickled Patriarch
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 04:48 PM       
Quote:
I'll organize it. You'll just have to ban all the jixby phillips who fail at it.
I'm still hoping we have a Secret Santa event where nobody fucks up. The rules are so simple and plenty of time is given each year, yet there are always one or two people who screw things up.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 05:42 PM       
mabye they wouldn't seem like such huge fuckups if the penalty was something other than PERMANENT BANISHMENT FROM THE INTERNET
GET OUT
Asila is probably a spambot
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 05:48 PM       
I don't know how you plan on handling the newbie situation, but I'd be a part.
The Wolf
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 06:03 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post
I'm still hoping we have a Secret Santa event where nobody fucks up. The rules are so simple and plenty of time is given each year, yet there are always one or two people who screw things up.
Yeah, it'd be nice, but it seems unlikely. I'm hoping that by getting people to sign up now, we can give em even mooooore time to get their gifts ready to be sent out so that no one is empty handed.

Asila - I think last year it went: People who've been registered for under a year need to post a pic of themselves holding a sign saying secret santa to prove that they have a working camera and method to get their pics online. Also, they were all paired together to avoid anyone getting fucked over by people who just joined to get free stuff. Generally speaking, people aren't douche bags like that, but ya never know.

The Wolf
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 08:42 PM       
So far we have:
Myself
Mockery
MarioRPG
MattJack
Asila
10kVoltGhost

It's shaping up nicely already. If any of ya wanna get it outta the way early, you can send me a PM with your mailing address. I'm thinking if we get everyone registered by the 25th or so, we'll be set and can give out the names and addresses so that everyone can play santa :D.

What does everyone think about new people participating? I think it worked out nicely last year the way it was set up, but some of the "new" users did a great job with it and I figured that maybe enough of the vets wouldn't have a problem with sending and receiving gifts from some of the newer people.

The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 08:56 PM       
TIME FOR THE NEWBIE BEAT-DOWN.
The Wolf
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 09:01 PM       
SAM I MUST ASK THAT YOU STOP POSTING IN HERE UNLESS IT IS TO SAY THAT YOU ARE SIGNING UP

The Unicorn
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 09:06 PM       
I DO IT EVERY YEAR
The Wolf
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 09:10 PM       
Well, you're signed up then. Here's hoping your secret santa doesn't send you a box full of human feces!

The Unicorn
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 09:14 PM       
GREAT, NOW I HAVE TO PICK A NEW GIFT TO SEND.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 09:19 PM       
Quote:
So far we have:
Myself
Mockery
MarioRPG
MattJack
Asila
10kVoltGhost

It's shaping up nicely already. If any of ya wanna get it outta the way early, you can send me a PM with your mailing address. I'm thinking if we get everyone registered by the 25th or so, we'll be set and can give out the names and addresses so that everyone can play santa :D.

What does everyone think about new people participating? I think it worked out nicely last year the way it was set up, but some of the "new" users did a great job with it and I figured that maybe enough of the vets wouldn't have a problem with sending and receiving gifts from some of the newer people.
First off, you'll need to type up the announcement of the event / rules (based on what we did last year) and then send them to me so I can make an official thread in the Forum Events forum (and I'll also mention it in the I-Mockery blog). After all, not everybody reads the General Blabber forum, so I don't want anybody feeling left out just because they didn't notice it in here.

As for new users participating... last year, it was a few vets who screwed up... the new users did fine as I recall. So yeah, I'm all for having new users included again.
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 09:21 PM       

Last edited by liquidstatik : Jun 29th, 2023 at 06:29 AM.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Nov 10th, 2008, 02:33 PM       
seems like giving Tadao anyone's address would be a recipe for disaster.