Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Aug 5th, 2009, 02:13 PM        Taconic car crash
Meet Diane Schuler:
http://news.google.com/news?um=1&ned...ane+schuler%22

A suburban mother in her mid-thirties, with no previous signs of mental illness, alcohol, or drug abuse, according to her friends and neighbors. An excellent mother, according to them. Never let her kids out of her sight. Quite vigilant in guarding their safety.

Diane Schuler left a campground one afternoon with five kids to drive home. Three nieces and her own two children. Everyone who saw her said she appeared perfectly normal. Nothing amiss.

Subsequently, according to what they can piece together, given the toxicology reports, Diane Schuler not only slugged down the equivalent of ten shots of hard liquor, she also smoked quite a bit of pot.

She drives along. She pulls over. She calls her brother. She tells him that she isn't feeling well. Isn't feeling well. Not, "I'm too blasted to drive." Not, "I'm fucking blind staggering drunk." No. "I'm not feeling well."

He says for her to remain where she is and he will come get her.

Instead of doing this, Diane Schuler tosses her phone aside, gets BACK in the car, and heads the wrong way down the highway, where she promptly slams into an SUV and kills herself, the passengers of the SUV, and all but one of the kids in her car. A total of eight fatalities.

Postmortem shows her to be perfectly healthy, aside from pot and alcohol.

Now boys and girls, what I am I missing here? What's wrong with this picture? What are the missing pieces of the puzzle?

To put it bluntly, what the fuck?

Anyone care to speculate?
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Aug 5th, 2009, 02:23 PM       
i blame videogames.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Aug 5th, 2009, 02:23 PM       
New boyfriend?
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 5th, 2009, 02:32 PM       
I AM OUTRAGED!
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Aug 5th, 2009, 04:16 PM       
Natural selection.
Esq.
stevetothepast is probably a spambot
Old Aug 5th, 2009, 05:57 PM       
communism
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 6th, 2009, 04:57 AM       
sudden-onset psychosis
Queen of the Beasts
Old Aug 6th, 2009, 11:54 AM       
Maybe when her son comes out of the hospital he'll be able to shed some light on it...assuming he isn't brain damaged.
Mocker
elx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 6th, 2009, 12:05 PM       
yeah, all of the kids should have been old enough to understand that something was going wrong, they must've been really scared

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 6th, 2009, 12:35 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanette X View Post
Maybe when her son comes out of the hospital he'll be able to shed some light on it...assuming he isn't brain damaged.
I wonder how her brother is handling things - the one she called from the parkway. I don't remember if it was mentioned, but if 3 of the kids were her nieces/nephews, then was he their father? If it were me, I'd be damned near suicidal.

This story has so many levels of sadness, it has "movie of the week" written all over it.
You may already be there.
Queen of the Beasts
Old Aug 6th, 2009, 09:45 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
I wonder how her brother is handling things - the one she called from the parkway. I don't remember if it was mentioned, but if 3 of the kids were her nieces/nephews, then was he their father? If it were me, I'd be damned near suicidal.
Yeah, he was the father. To his credit, he called the police as soon as he got off the phone with her.

Her husband is disputing the autopsy results and insisting that she must've had something medically wrong with her. I smell denial.

I think it might have been a suicide mission. One of the eyewitnesses (a man in another car who narrowly avoided being hit by her) said that she appeared to be control of the car and not swerving or anything, and she was even following the curve of the road. The New York Post reports that she was a regular at a bar and talked about having marital problems and a stressful job while she was there.

Quote:
This story has so many levels of sadness, it has "movie of the week" written all over it.
Yeah. One of the responders on the scene was at the World Trade Center on 9/11 and said that this was worse.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 6th, 2009, 10:48 PM       
Maybe someone fed her the alcohol/pot without her knowing it.

Sad story.
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Aug 6th, 2009, 11:50 PM       
I drive past that spot everyday on my way to work, there's burn marks all over the grass and chunks of pavement missing. The scary part is I had left work early but I had taken the train that day instead of driving. I would have been within a 15 minute window of being on the northbound side the same time as her.
Queen of the Beasts
Old Aug 7th, 2009, 01:21 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Robot View Post
I drive past that spot everyday on my way to work, there's burn marks all over the grass and chunks of pavement missing. The scary part is I had left work early but I had taken the train that day instead of driving. I would have been within a 15 minute window of being on the northbound side the same time as her.
Jesus. You sure can thank your lucky stars.
Old Aug 7th, 2009, 09:20 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post

Sad story.

Like someone slipped her a micky!
Queen of the Beasts
Old Aug 7th, 2009, 12:06 PM       
Quote:
Diane Schuler was 5'2 and she wasn't fat. With ten shots of hard liquor in her system, she should not have been able to stand up, let alone drive a car in ANY capacity. The booze should have killed her through alcohol poisoning. Therefore, she must've had an extremely high tolerance...the kind of tolerance that only very heavy drinkers develop. She must've been a closet alcoholic.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Aug 7th, 2009, 12:13 PM       
Elementary, my dear Watson.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 7th, 2009, 01:14 PM       
ten ounces is not the same as ten shots
Old Aug 7th, 2009, 02:17 PM       
Quote:
Schuler's blood-alcohol level was 0.19% — more than twice the legal limit, cops said. She had 6 grams of undigested alcohol in her stomach when she died.
Quote:
Her husband, Daniel Schuler, told cops that his wife was fine when they left about 9:30 a.m. He drove one car straight home to West Babylon, L.I., while she took the kids to McDonald's.

Ann Scott, 77, who owns the campsite the family visited for three years, saw Schuler off.
"I got pretty close to her and waved goodbye,”" she said. "If she had alcohol in her breath, I would have smelled it."

So it must have been while driving?
Queen of the Beasts
Old Aug 7th, 2009, 02:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
ten ounces is not the same as ten shots
They said it was the equivalent of ten shots.
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Aug 7th, 2009, 06:08 PM       
I went and looked at the exit she got on from today, the fucked up thing is that the way the intersection is set up, it feels like your supposed to go that way. If it weren't for the four or so huge signs and cars coming at you, I could see how any confused person could make that mistake.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 8th, 2009, 09:43 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanette X View Post
Diane Schuler was 5'2 and she wasn't fat. With ten shots of hard liquor in her system, she should not have been able to stand up, let alone drive a car in ANY capacity. The booze should have killed her through alcohol poisoning. Therefore, she must've had an extremely high tolerance...the kind of tolerance that only very heavy drinkers develop. She must've been a closet alcoholic.
Maybe it was put in her drink bottle and she drank it all just before getting in the car, or during the trip.
Queen of the Beasts
Old Aug 8th, 2009, 12:13 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
So it must have been while driving?
Presumably, yes.

Quote:
Maybe it was put in her drink bottle and she drank it all just before getting in the car, or during the trip.
There was a broken bottle of vodka at the wreck... Besides, even if that were the case, she should've passed out behind the wheel very quickly, she shouldn't have been able to drive at all, even if it was the wrong way.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 8th, 2009, 12:18 PM       
I think it is exactly what it looks like. She had been hiding her troubles and addictions from her family, no one knew she was in trouble so no one tried to help her, she finally got numb enough to die.
Queen of the Beasts
Old Aug 8th, 2009, 12:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
I think it is exactly what it looks like. She had been hiding her troubles and addictions from her family, no one knew she was in trouble so no one tried to help her, she finally got numb enough to die.
I agree. Her husband worked long hours and didn't get to see her very often, so I think that he really might not have known.

Anyway, her son is doing well...he might be able to shed some light on this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Robot View Post
I went and looked at the exit she got on from today, the fucked up thing is that the way the intersection is set up, it feels like your supposed to go that way. If it weren't for the four or so huge signs and cars coming at you, I could see how any confused person could make that mistake.
Workers just added two "wrong way" signs to it.