Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old May 20th, 2009, 07:16 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
If you can name me another intelligent sci-fi show with fully-fleshed out characters, intricate intertwining plots, and careful enough to avoid all continuity errors and plot holes (even when time-travel is involved), then I'll gladly watch that instead.

Also no contrived and often inaccurate technobabble.

Also no gay Farscape muppets
battlestar galactica
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old May 20th, 2009, 08:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
If you can name me another intelligent sci-fi show with fully-fleshed out characters, intricate intertwining plots, and careful enough to avoid all continuity errors and plot holes (even when time-travel is involved), then I'll gladly watch that instead.

Also no contrived and often inaccurate technobabble.

Also no gay Farscape muppets
Firefly
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old May 21st, 2009, 01:07 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
battlestar galactica
Actually I've noted this one already and I'm waiting until it's all out on DVD before I start so I don't have to wait for anything. I'm really looking forward to it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost
Firefly
Seen it and I agree, but the whole getting cancelled thing kind of took a lot of the wind out of it

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old May 21st, 2009, 11:00 AM       
Agreed. The movie Serenity was pretty good but I'd would have rather seen Firefly get picked up by Sci-Fi or something.

stupid FOX
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old May 21st, 2009, 11:26 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
Lost is probably my least favourite TV show because of the amount of time people spend discussing it as if it actually has a point. Each episode has about 3 sub-plots that ultimately go nowhere for the sole purpose of making people say "oooooohhhhh, this is so confusing! Where will this crazy roller-coaster ride of a TV show go next?!".

The thing is I'm not convinced it's going anywhere - it's just a series of unrelated "spooky" events (that are only "spooky" because of the discordant cello music they play in the background) that they later link though some tenuous encounter or lingering shot at the end of an episode.
you sound like someone who hasn't watched the show at all. The first few seasons were all about getting to know the characters and their unique histories. I never watched a show where you get to see the different backgrounds of characters before they met. And how can your opinion on a the quality of a show be affected by fans who discuss it. Thats the fun of a show with unanswered questions and since your not a fan of Lost i don't know how you would even get involved in a discussion on it. And I'm pretty sure most shows, especially science fiction shows, have a die hard fan base that love discussing unimportant things about the fictional world so you must be seeking out these Lost discussions or are just bitter you never started to watch and enjoy a great show.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old May 21st, 2009, 01:48 PM       
I thought people didnt like Lost because of all the dropped off plot lines and go no where BS they used as filler.
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old May 21st, 2009, 01:55 PM       
Yeah but that's what we're saying. The people who say stuff like that haven't been watching it lately. Seemingly dropped off plot lines are being readdressed and answered now. The show has had a set end date for a while now so it's no longer meandering (which it admittedly was for a bit, according to writers).

Old May 21st, 2009, 03:11 PM       
I might have to pick it back up then.
SKATASTIC
Old May 21st, 2009, 04:08 PM       
I'm thinking about going to watch seasons 1-4 of Lost but I have to finish watching season 1 of Taxi first.
SKATASTIC
Old May 30th, 2009, 03:44 PM       
I saw an advertisement for a new show starring Daniel Tosh called Tosh 4.0 or something like that. I think Tosh is pretty funny doing standup because he's such a good jerk but the premise of the new show is that he goes online and finds things that are funny. I'm pretty sure Attack of the Show already does that but the guy on that isn't so much of a jerk as he is annoying. Maybe it will work out......it's on comedy central
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old May 30th, 2009, 05:40 PM       
Anybody remember On The Lot? Whatever happened to it?
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 30th, 2009, 05:47 PM       
I don't but I sure miss Viva la Variety.

SKATASTIC
Old Jul 11th, 2009, 09:07 AM       
I might start staying home on friday nights to watch t.v. There was an hour of "The State" on, followed by Stella and then an hour of Wonder Showzen. I feel like it was just on to promote Michael & Michael but hopefully it'll be a staple of friday night programming.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jul 11th, 2009, 11:03 AM       
I'm irritated with MTV2/Time-Warner because their lineup always fucks up my DVR settings. I have it set to record WonderShowzen and Beavis and Butthead, but the title on the guide is never the actual show. I can have 5 or 6 WonderShowzens on there and it's Rob and Big or something stupid like that. It's only MTV2 that does it.
SKATASTIC
Old Jul 11th, 2009, 11:41 AM       
I did notice that. I turned on the state and it was playing young ones. Oh, there was also an hour of young ones on too.
Old Jul 13th, 2009, 02:43 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
I'm irritated with MTV2/Time-Warner...
I thought this was a fact of life. Like breathing air or something.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 15th, 2009, 11:21 PM       
I'm watching a show called Urban Legends. It's pretty cool. They present you with 3 stories, only one of them is true, and the don't tell you which one till the end of the show. they have a mini legend before the commercial breaks too. There are people on camera testifying that the story is true and happened to them, so they got actors for at least 2 of the stories to tell them.
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 04:12 PM       
Wasnt there a Ripleys Believe it or not show that did something very similar to that?
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 04:15 PM       
Never mind. This is what I was thinking of.

The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 04:15 PM       
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 04:22 PM       
I've never seen that.

Mocker
elx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 08:18 PM       
Bones and Dexter are the only shows currently being aired that are worth watching

House used to be cool too, unfortunately it's deteriorated beyond recognition; now it focuses more on innercast drama than the actual cases. it's no better than any of the other crappy medical primetimes like Grey's Anatomy. such a waste

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 10:01 PM       
If you think House is anything like Greys Anatomy your are more mentally challenged that I feared.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jul 17th, 2009, 03:45 PM       
THE GIRL IN BONES GIVES ME A BONE.
Old Jul 17th, 2009, 05:31 PM       
What about Booth played by David BONERanez (lol)