Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Les Waste is probably a spambot
Old May 14th, 2003, 01:18 AM        Suggestion for avatars. . .
I've noticed that many, many people have red x's where their avatars should be. This is because there is no decent image hosting site that doesn't gouge people, and because this board won't let people use geocities files with .txt extensions as avatars.

I don't know if this is an option, but I've been on other phpBB boards, and some of them have the option of letting people upload picture files for their avatars directly from their hard drives.

Yeah, it would be a strain on bandwith, or something, but you could put big restrictions on image and file size. And I'm sure most people wouldn't mind shrinking down images to small sizes so they can actually have something they want instead of looking for something small enough on other sites and hoping it doesn't turn into a red x.

It would at least cut down on all the red x's here, and there are a lot. :/
Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old May 14th, 2003, 02:58 AM       
We can't host images because it would indeed take up too much bandwidth quickly. The only way we could do it would be if the people who wanted their images hosted by us were to pay on a monthly basis. But you'd probably get cheaper (or free) image hosting elsewhere. There's tons of hosting services out there anyway , or people who would be willing to host an avatar for you. Everybody has a friend of a friend or whatever...
Captain Bukakke
Tropical is probably a spambot
Old May 14th, 2003, 03:29 AM       
http://www.i-mockery.net/viewtopic.php?t=1119

are my threads of benevolence invisible????
Les Waste is probably a spambot
Old May 14th, 2003, 11:05 AM       
Yes
Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old May 14th, 2003, 11:21 AM       
Ah see, there ya go. If somebody needs image hosting, talk to Tropical... he can probably help you out.

http://www.i-mockery.net/viewtopic.php?t=1119
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old May 14th, 2003, 07:14 PM       
Whoreable told me about www.vi2.com. You just sign up and they have an image uploader there. It is all i use them for. :sneaky
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old May 14th, 2003, 08:18 PM       
Actually, that's not too bad. I'm using that from now on.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old May 14th, 2003, 10:04 PM       
is the geocities .txt workaround not an option anymore? :/

-willie
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old May 14th, 2003, 11:43 PM       
Nope.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old May 15th, 2003, 12:28 AM       
good thing i'm getting web space again then

-willie
LOL INTERNETS
Command Prompt is probably a spambot
Old Nov 11th, 2003, 12:48 AM       
picturehost.co.uk

I'm using this until it sucks.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Nov 11th, 2003, 12:52 AM       
Why don't you dumb fuckers use the space that your ISP gives you?
OH GOD
Old Nov 11th, 2003, 08:00 AM       
most of them are dialups

-willie
Mike P is probably a spambot
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 02:33 AM       
My avatar works fine on Angelfire, but I realize that not everyone is willing to go sign up with them just for one pic. So I'll volunteer myself for hosting, too, even though you'll go to Tropical.

JenMacca is probably a spambot
Old Nov 14th, 2003, 07:06 PM       
Another free hosting service you can use is http://www.1asphost.com/. It seems to be the holy grail of free hosting sites as it gives you 100 MB per account, and no restriction on bandwidth. It's the service I now use, ever since I discvered it this past summer.