Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Mar 1st, 2010, 06:19 PM        Paul Scheer (Human Giant, 30 Rock, Piranha 3D)
He's our guest this Friday night and we're holding a contest in which he'll judge all the entries, so I hope you'll all join in the fun and send in at least one entry. Should be fun to hear what he has to say about 'em all!

Click below for full details on the contest and what you'll need to do:

http://www.docmock.com/?p=543
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 2nd, 2010, 08:35 AM       
Man Doc Mock is getting popular. Good job on scoring such a badass guest, Mr. Mockery.

I know this is probably against Forum Warrior Code, but..

Not to blow smoke up yer ass or whatever, but it's really cool to see how your comedy has progressed over the years. Cooking with Popinski reeled me in as a fan on I-Mockery's work some years ago, and now the Doc Mock thing showing all the D movies with MST3000 type commentary is one of the funnier shows on the net. It's definitely the best show on The Stream.

I know you've stated a million times that you do the site for free if not much, and I think I remember reading in the past that you've held two jobs in VA all while keeping this sucker up n running. Now your in CA doing this show which is a byproduct of your work that you've put into this site. It's badass to see somebody's hard work ethic pay off. It's also cool/creepy that over the years I've actually have gotten to see that natural progression of your comedy/writing career.

/fgtry
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 2nd, 2010, 10:39 AM       
I'm going to have to log in and watch now because Paul Scheer is on. I'm hoping that "The League" he is in gets renewed for a second season.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 2nd, 2010, 10:49 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
I'm going to have to log in and watch now because Paul Scheer is on. I'm hoping that "The League" he is in gets renewed for a second season.
Please no that show is god awful.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 2nd, 2010, 11:06 AM       
I actually really enjoyed it. Didn't really care for Human Giant at all though.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 2nd, 2010, 11:28 AM       
Quote:
I actually really enjoyed it. Didn't really care for Human Giant at all though.
A friend had an episode of the League on DVR a few months back. We shut it off about halfway through because it was just too painful to even watch. Really, really, bad stuff.
SKATASTIC
Old Mar 2nd, 2010, 12:26 PM       
It might take a few episodes to get into it. If you can try and find the Mr McGiblets episode.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 06:04 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJack View Post
Man Doc Mock is getting popular. Good job on scoring such a badass guest, Mr. Mockery.

I know this is probably against Forum Warrior Code, but..

Not to blow smoke up yer ass or whatever, but it's really cool to see how your comedy has progressed over the years.
Thanks man, I really appreciate the compliments. I'm sure in many ways its been a detriment to me career-wise, since most people like to stick with one thing and run it into the ground, but I'm always trying to find other types of projects to start working on.

I'm definitely lucky to have so many amazing guests come on Doc Mock and that they've been nice enough to tell their friends about it. Means a lot to me when some of the guests tell me they had so much fun doing the show. Wish the show actually made some kind of money so I could do it for a living. Who knows though... maybe someday.

Quote:
Glad you're gonna catch the show live this Friday. Haven't seen that League show, but I've seen so much of his other work and loved just about all of it. Not sure if you've seen the flick, but he was great in "Blackballed" - an indie comedy about paintball. Can't wait to see Piranha 3D too, since the original is one of my favorite horror classics.

Really hope all of you will send in some art entries by Friday for the contest, even if you're not artists. It's gonna be a lot o' fun to see what Paul has to say about 'em!
Ba-dum-tish. RIMSHOT!

ChrisGlass is probably a spambot
Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 03:33 PM       
Ideally at some point, with the right audience, you can get people paying you to show such flicks.

Anyways, I submitted my horrible art for it, although this time I tried to make it look a little better.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 04:39 PM       
I imagine this RoG getting to hang out with these guests are a huge highpoint in his life. Congrats dude.
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 05:51 PM       
Just wait and see who comes on next week. If you think this week is awesome hahah NEXT WEEK.
Beloved Cunt
Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 10:28 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post
Just wait and see who comes on next week. If you think this week is awesome hahah NEXT WEEK.
Michael Fay?
Pickled Patriarch
Old Mar 4th, 2010, 08:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisGlass View Post
Ideally at some point, with the right audience, you can get people paying you to show such flicks.
Doubt that'll happen... ideally the show would get sponsored so we could at least do it for a living or add on new features to it. In a perfect world, it'd get picked up by a network like Comedy Central or something as a live late night show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisGlass View Post
Anyways, I submitted my horrible art for it, although this time I tried to make it look a little better.
Thanks, looking forward to checking it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
I imagine this RoG getting to hang out with these guests are a huge highpoint in his life. Congrats dude.
That's definitely one of the perks of doing the show. Some of these comedic talents are heroes of mine, so getting to work with them, let alone meeting them, is pretty amazing and certainly not something I ever take for granted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post
That's interesting... since I haven't even book the guest for next week yet. I booked a great one for the end of the month though.

As for the contest:
we only have TWO entries so far, so please don't forget to send in some entries by 6pm tomorrow! Paul's going to judge them live on the show and entries are judged on humor & creativity, not artistic talent. This contest is totally up for grabs, so take a few minutes and whip up something for Paul!
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Mar 5th, 2010, 01:03 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post
As for the contest: we only have TWO entries so far, so please don't forget to send in some entries by 6pm tomorrow! Paul's going to judge them live on the show and entries are judged on humor & creativity, not artistic talent. This contest is totally up for grabs, so take a few minutes and whip up something for Paul!
EVERYONE WINS :O
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Mar 5th, 2010, 01:22 PM       
I havnt watched Doc Mocks live in a while. Is it still done over 3 different chat rooms? What room are most of the I-Mockery crowd in these days?
Pickled Patriarch
Old Mar 5th, 2010, 04:25 PM       
It's in two chat rooms these days, Dimnos. The best chat room, in my opinion, is on justin.tv/thestreamdottv as it's the most active one. But if that's not working well for you, you can always use the stickam.com/thestreamdottv one.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 5th, 2010, 05:52 PM       
On the other hand, if you were in Stickam, you'd probably get noticed a lot more often because they're all boring turds over there.

SKATASTIC
Old Mar 5th, 2010, 05:55 PM       
What time do the drawings have to be in by? I have to go airhorn my gf then go to a birthday party after work but I still might have time to submit it.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Mar 5th, 2010, 06:12 PM       
You can send in the drawings as late as 7pm PST today. You can send them in later if you like, but I may not get to them in time.

Definitely send in some entries. We only have four entries so far (pretty crazy considering how many we had last time) so the contest is totally up for grabs still.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Mar 5th, 2010, 06:14 PM       
Well, last time it was for Toby Huss. When you have no name people like this Scheer freak on, you can't expect to get as many entries.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 5th, 2010, 07:34 PM       
We're still offering the same kinds of prizes, though. And Toby Huss was on two shows ago. Get it right, poindexter.

Anyway, the entries don't need to be overly artistic in design. Here's one I'll be sending in:

Is a RoboCop.

Old Mar 5th, 2010, 09:58 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie View Post
We're still offering the same kinds of prizes, though. And Toby Huss was on two shows ago. Get it right, poindexter.
Has there been a contest for any guest since?
Funky Dynamite
Old Mar 5th, 2010, 10:06 PM       
Before AND since, yes.

SKATASTIC
Old Mar 5th, 2010, 10:25 PM       
Is a RoboCop.

Old Mar 5th, 2010, 10:31 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie View Post
Before AND since, yes.
Well, yes, before. There has been only one guest on since Toby and there was no art contest for said guest, only the announcement for this one. You sir, are mistaken.