Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 10:08 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphne
yeah, I know so many people who say "I read the first 2 and wasn't impressed" but it's when you finish the 3rd that you see how great the first two are, imo.
I'm impressed, Cap'n. I didn't know you could read.

Half the book, Jesus.
Sorry, I am not interested in that kind of book. People have their own tastes, and Harry Potter is not my cup of tea.

I don't feel like reading 1,000 + pages just to see how the first two were.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 10:49 PM       
Pussy.

The stuff is written at an elementary school level. You should be able to plow through them in a day.
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 11:20 PM       
I guess I try them out again. I am not a usual reader anyway. I only read when I have to.
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Jun 28th, 2003, 09:58 PM       
That is what is wrong with a lot of people today. If you don't have TIME to read, then that is understandable, but those that say that reading is BORING are just plain dumb.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jun 28th, 2003, 10:18 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Crunch
I hate it when people make reading sound like a fucking chore. They may as well have never been taught how to read so it doesn't complicate their life any more than it does now.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jun 29th, 2003, 08:51 AM       
Quote:
Good thing we're not talking about Dune then

PS I really, REALLY hate 'Americanized' versions of books Fucking fagets

-willie
Daphne is probably a spambot
Old Jun 29th, 2003, 11:27 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Crunch
Sorry, I am not interested in that kind of book. People have their own tastes, and Harry Potter is not my cup of tea.

1) how do you know that if you only read half the book (a book that is only 223 pages, I might add) ?
2) where are you getting 1000+ pages? The second book is only 251 pages. The last one is the longest and it's only 776 (the UK/Canadian version, anyhow). That's just beyond lazy to me. I loved the Stand, which is about 1000 pages, and when I read the unabridged LONGER version, I was delighted that there was more too it.

Why don't you stick to magazines or something?
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jun 29th, 2003, 12:18 PM       
Big books give me big boners.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jun 29th, 2003, 02:58 PM       
I like this book.

There was a part that's like "'SHUT UP' Ron ejaculated" and I'm like ""

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Jul 10th, 2003, 05:44 PM       
I'm a Johnny Come Lately to the whole series. I was resistant because of the hype, but my curiousity recently got the best of me. I'm in the midst of reading the first book right now. I hope to have them all read by the time the next one comes out.
crash0814 is probably a spambot
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 05:58 AM       
Wow. Fantastic. I read over the course of three days and it was mighty impressive. Is it just me, or does this sort of remind you of Matrix Reloaded? It's just me? That's what I thought.
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 06:19 AM       
Half finished, loving it so far.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 06:39 AM       
I don't think anyone dies in this book

-willie
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 11:29 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer
I don't think anyone dies in this book

-willie
Well then you're wrong.
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 02:52 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash0814
Wow. Fantastic. I read over the course of three days and it was mighty impressive. Is it just me, or does this sort of remind you of Matrix Reloaded? It's just me? That's what I thought.
I had no idea what you were talking about when I first read your post and assumed the whole 'hidden world' concept was enough reason for you to compare the two, but when I got to the part (no real spoiler) with the clothes store I saw your point.
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 06:06 AM       
It's not really anything in particular, just kind of the air of mystery, the theme of choice, etc.
OH GOD
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 08:26 AM       
Quote:
Well then you're wrong.
SPOILIES

Says you Suuure, falling thru a mystery arch means he's DEAD, I believe that

-willie
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 05:01 PM       
*POSSIBLE SPOILER IF YOU CAN'T TAKE HEARING MINOR DETAILS OF A BOOK, YOU FUCKING PRICK*

Well, there was that thing Luna says at the end...(enter spooky noises)