Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Sep 4th, 2012, 09:40 PM        Halloween Goodies 2012
It's time once again for sharing all the recent Halloween related purchases you guys have made this year!
From Dollar Store purchases to props, costumes, and strange candy. If it's Halloween, I wanna see them!

Here's a few of my own.

First up is a new candy I saw at the Michaels store.

Skybar's Zombie Food!

It's a chocolate bar shaped in random organs that zombies crave and filled with bloody caramel.

This particular one contained a brain. As you can see it's a pretty detailed, though quite stretched out cranium.

The caramel filling is quite a deep shade of red, and it's extremely sweet. I couldn't even finish the whole thing as it started to hurt my teeth.

Skeleton Mariachi!

Also found this one at Michaels. It reminded me of my avatar so I had to pick it up.
Play on naked skeletal musician!

Halloween!

Yeah, I've no idea what to call this one. It simply says "Halloween" on the box.
Maybe it's declaring itself as the physical embodiment of the entire holiday itself? A tall order indeed.

Well we can tell that it's a skeleton of some sort. And it's got a black robe with gold bones on it.
Let's take a look at the rest of the box for any more clues.

Let's see... We've got a flying bat in a spider-web, a witch on her broomstick, a blue skull, and a very jolly jack-o-lantern. No help there.
I guess we'll just have to open it up!

Holy crap! It's a skeleton on a rocking chair!
A skeleton... on a rocking chair! Of all the things to claim to represent Halloween, I never would have guessed a skeleton on a rocking chair.

Let's take a closer look.

Yep. That's a rocking chair, with a golden bones robe covered skeleton in it.

Expertly concealed wires there. Wait, does that mean this thing lights up or possible even moves?!
Well, let's take one last look at it and then see if this thing actually works.

"No! I will not hide in the fruit cellar! Ha! You think I'm fruity, huh?"

So it turns out the thing does work, and violently thrashes about on the chair with red-eyes flashing and laughing like a madman when turned on.
It even threw itself out of the chair the first time I turned it on and had to be reglued back into place!

So ready to see it in action?

So there you go.
I'll be sure to post about more Halloween items as I get them and hope some of you will do the same!

Last edited by dextire : Sep 4th, 2012 at 10:57 PM. Reason: fixin' things
Unfunny Python Reference
Ex Leper is probably a real personEx Leper is probably a real person
Old Sep 4th, 2012, 11:29 PM       
I got a Barnes & Nobel exclusive hardcover release of Frankenstein. http://jessicahische.is/wp-content/u...nkenstein1.jpg
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 08:11 AM       
I have to admit I read that as "Halloween Geodes" and had this brief but charming mental picture of a boulder with a black exterior and badass orange crystals inside, so get on that pls because I want one now
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 10:14 AM       
^ better make it 2
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 01:00 PM       
my house is between the two only cemeteries of the town so every year near dia de muertos of course they set up a two street large market selling all sort of dia de muertos stuff they also have some really cool skull coffee mugs with your name in it

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 01:48 PM       
Spoilers!
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 07:06 PM       
love the baby ruth

@darkvare- that sounds pretty incredible. I wish I had graveyards for neighbors.
Cranberry Everything
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 12:15 AM       
Ex Leper: That's a cool cover, and I like the new avatar.

Kitsa: It exists!

Tadao: Those are awesome! Using Baby Ruth bars is a great idea.
Unfunny Python Reference
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 12:44 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by dextire View Post
Ex Leper: I like the new avatar.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 07:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by dextire View Post
Holy crap! It's a skeleton on a rocking chair!
A skeleton... on a rocking chair! Of all the things to claim to represent Halloween, I never would have guessed a skeleton on a rocking chair.
I saw that a few years back, but it was a whopping $30 so I didn't buy it. It appeared to be made by the same people who created Secret Ghostdom, especially since it has the fabric with shiny golden designs on it.

I gotta track down one of those so I can review it. Awesome stuff btw, thanks for sharing thew news about 'em, and I'll keep an eye out for those Zombie Food bloody chocolates!
Cranberry Everything
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 07:18 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post
I saw that a few years back, but it was a whopping $30 so I didn't buy it. It appeared to be made by the same people who created Secret Ghostdom, especially since it has the fabric with shiny golden designs on it.
That's as good a guess as I can make. No barcode or anything to indicate who even made it.

Anyhow, I went to my local Walgreens today to see if any of their Halloween stuff was out yet.
While they still have a long way to go, there were a few things out already. And I did pick up something.

S.L.U.G. Zombies!
(Scary Little Ugly Guys)

They're little zombie figures that come in a mystery box.
I grabbed four of them, and out of a random possible eight in the first series I received no duplicates.
Luck of the Great Pumpkin I guess.

This one is "Rigamortis Lourdes" and you can see these things are very detailed.
And she's just as proud as she can be there holding those two severed heads.

Here's "Jon B. Gone" who appears to be either very squished up, or has quite tiny legs.

"Brain-Eatin' Brandon" isn't following proper pizza delivery procedure.
That customer's brain is going to get cold.

And the last one is "The Corroding Kid" who like Ralph Macchio looks way to old to be called "kid".

So there you go. Now go out and collect some of your own.
Sure you might have to buy 50 of them just to get all 8 in the series, but such is the life of a Halloween collector.

Last edited by dextire : Sep 8th, 2012 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Important As.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 06:40 PM       
Check it out, y'all! http://dinosaurdracula.com/blog/sky-bars-zombie-food/

That was very funny. Well done.
Cranberry Everything
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 09:54 PM       
I had no idea Zombie Food came in giant bags like that.
And they look awesome crushed up and bleeding as well. Nice find, Zomboid!
Unfunny Python Reference
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 10:29 PM       
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 10:53 PM       
I got a Cadbury Screme egg, which has a green yolk, and "werewolf fur", which is like green cotton candy that crackles like pop rocks. I'll take pics if I can tomorrow.
Cranberry Everything
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 05:13 PM       
Those are some fine choices there, Ex Leper.

Please do take pics Kitsa. I've never heard of any cotton candy that crackles, and the "Screme" egg sounds awesome.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 12:14 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
I got a Cadbury Screme egg, which has a green yolk, and "werewolf fur", which is like green cotton candy that crackles like pop rocks. I'll take pics if I can tomorrow.
I have the Screme eggs (along with some other Halloween eggs) ready for the annual candy review next month. Where did you find the Werewolf Fur btw? I saw it on Amazon a week ago when I was looking up Halloween stuff, but have yet to see it in stores.
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 07:46 AM       
Foy's.
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 03:47 PM       
Sorry I'm a little late in posting, but I've been sick and couldn't be arsed. Anyway. Yeah. Werewolf Fur.

I'd never seen this before, so when I ran across it in Foy's weird little candy section (sort of a hodgepodge pile of things near the register in a couple of aisles, in the front-ish area of the store), I thought I'd better grab it. $2.50 seems sort of steep for a little envelope of cotton candy, but this is supposed to be some sort of magical cotton candy. See, the werewolf is burping crystalline effervescent microbes:

Are you going to say no to a Beetlejuice-haired gassy white wolfman who emerges from a flaming forest spewing forth blue and purple starbursts of unknwn significance? No, I'm not either.

The back of this is blurry, but the part I want you to see (and the part I missed in the dim, spooky light of Foy's), is that this is well expired. Why I would think that a place that sold me a Balzac, complete with an eighth of an inch of dust on the package, would turn up its metaphorical nose at expired candy? More importantly, am I willing to eat expired Chinese werewolf fur? Let me take a moment to think.

Bet your ass.

So I rip the little foil pack open and it's...well, kind of disappointing, actually. What I thought was going to be cotton candy that sizzled on the tongue turned out to have two distinct parts- green cotton candy, and green pop rocks. I'd been hoping that somehow they had spun pop rocks into cotton candy, using some sort of Chinese Willy Wonka magic that retained the carbonation, but no. Or, at any rate, it's since regressed back to its natural state.

Post-expiration life has not been kind, as evidenced by the cotton candy sticking together in nasty little clods. More disconcerting, I know for a fact that the package was sealed until I broke the seal, it's not particularly humid today, but still the pop rocks started sizzling the second I opened the package. I know my way around pop rocks (have you ever had one detonate in an undiscovered crack in a tooth? I have!) and I know that normal pop rocks don't really do that. Nor do they normally keep sizzling in sink water for 10 minutes after you flick them off your hands. So I'm a bit wary of that bit of confectionery sorcery.

They pop in your mouth quite viciously, whereas the cotton candy part (the part ADVERTISED as crackling) pops not at all. The "green apple" flavor was a little weak, which was fine by me because I hate green apple. So the question is...does this candy live up to the hype of "crackling werewolf fur"? Not so much. It does put forth a good effort at portraying decomposition and unease, though. I just checked my sink again and it's still crackling in there.
Cranberry Everything
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 10:20 PM       
That's quite a strange find Kitsa!
The package looks like some kind of mutant troll doll. It's a bummer the cotton candy doesn't pop, but the pop rocks stuff lasting as long as most hard candy makes up for it.

I'll have to see if I can track some of it down somewhere that isn't the magical land of Foy's. And it turns out there's another version called Vampire Hair!

teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 04:51 AM       
hm. Foys didn't have the vampire hair. The vampire looks like he's burping more microbes and it terrifies him.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 11:38 AM       
Expired or not, I wanna try both varieties because cotton candy and pop rocks are great on their own, so I must know what their monstrous, unholy union tastes like.
Cranberry Everything
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 07:11 PM       
Heh, I thought the vampire hair one looked familiar.
Spoilers!
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 07:53 PM       
Wow. Now I wanna see which werewolf movie mine was ripped off of.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 10:14 PM       
lol i just realized this thing is made by bandai

SANTO el enmascarado de plata