Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 08:59 PM       
well the reason most of this shows get cancelled is because of ratings. like arrested development (wich i hate a lot) got cancelled because nobody watched it, even the guy that got the golden globe said "they keep giving us prizes for something you just won't watch" and drawn together just got here in like a month it came out in usa (wich is the soonest i have ever seen). nobody here watches adult swim, so it got cancelled in like two months since it came out. so if you want your shows to stay keep watching them and tell all your buddies about them so they will watch them and keep'em alive.

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
xXxASPERGERSxXx
CaptainBubba is probably a spambot
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 05:55 PM       
I think Stella was genuinely brilliant, unique, and funny in a very inteligent and interesting way. I love Stella and I'm sad it got cancelled but I knew from the minute I saw the Stella standup special that mainstream would never ever give it the ratings it would need to stay on air.

I think Drawn Together is funny as well. Denying its funny means you've only seen the commercials and think you're super cool for saying it sucks, which makes you a buttfucking cunt. It is not at all the same kind of humor as Stella so comparing them is like saying you like Fallout better than minesweeper. No shit. Drawn Together is smart in its own right and does gross slapstick idiot humor best of any show I've ever seen. Fuck you Gadzooks. Go give Jixby a blowjob or something.
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 08:35 PM       
I don't know if you are trying to be funny, captain bubba, but I will answer your question as if you were completely serious (and in my opinion, mildly retarded)

I have seen 2 episodes of Drawn Together based on those the only thing I can compare to watching them to is to listening to Opie and Anthony. did they push the limits? Possibly. Is it geniunley funny, not in the least. It's shockingly racist remark there, shockingly homophobic joke there with refrences of old cartoons here and there. I don't know about you, but I can't enjoy something that I think I could write myself.

And do you want the blowjob to be on VHS or DVD?

Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 11:56 PM       
Yeah I watched a couple episodes and had no idea when they wanted me to laugh. I guess it was pushing the envelope but that's all it was doing, being shocking and edgy without reason. They don't do a good job distinguishing the line between making fun of racism and being racist themselve. Sure the previews make it look so much worse than it is, but it still isn't good.

I can see where people wouldn't get stella, because alot of the humor was about how generic and overdone tv shows and movies are. Kinda like sarcasm about sarcasm. From what I've seen of people It's hilarious if you find that stuff funny, confusing if you don't.
Title
Jeff The Ninja is probably a spambot
Old Mar 16th, 2006, 12:12 AM       
Yeah, stella confused me at first, But all the jokes are brilliant in their subtlety. Like when they do someting Wacky, they act like its normal for everyone to act that way. It definatley not your average comedy show, and it is a refreshing change from the rest of the shit that is popular right now (American Idol), So keeping in mind that people are basically dumbasses who only care about the most overhyped, overated pieces of Baboon shit i am not really surprised that Stella got cancelled.

And If anyone here says that I have a Distorted view of Reality, then think about what people are watching.

Founder of the E.P.O.A.E.P.I.C.A.P.H.W.H. Looking for Recruits

XBL Gamertag: KING HATESTAR
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Mar 16th, 2006, 02:37 AM       
I've never seen a show that was so dumb and nasty and so pleased with itself as Drawn Together. It's just a dopey, wishes-it-were-irreverent show. Its just obsessed with things that are bad and unplesant and they just jam it in without any motivation. It's all blood and guts and vaginas and drugs and cancer and racism and it all kinda just lies there being boring as shit. Drawn Together is just bad news all around
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 16th, 2006, 10:11 PM       
i still can't believe they got away with the "what's so funny about mike hunt" bit