Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 12th, 2010, 05:22 PM       
That would explain your paranoia.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old May 12th, 2010, 05:56 PM       
I'll bet the woman in the OP still breastfeeds the kid.

Lethal fresco
Blasted Child is probably a spambot
Old May 12th, 2010, 06:08 PM       
First of all, that kid didn't behave like that just because he never had any boundaries or reprimands, nor because he is evil and deserves to get beaten. This is clearly someone who's either suffering from ADD or some other of the numerous abbreviations within the autism-spectrum, or possibly some kind of post-traumatic stress.
Sometimes people read too much into parenting, as if kids can't turn into loose cannons as long as they're kept on a short leash. Of course, in this case bad parenting was part of the problem, but I've worked with really disastrous kids who have come from perfectly functional families.

I feel infinite sympathy for this kid. I hope he can get into some kind of day center with adequately trained professionals, get Ritalin or similar amphetamine based treatment, lots of special schooling etc etc.

And no, beating children is never good, in any way. There is always a better solution.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old May 12th, 2010, 06:14 PM       
I hear you, but I don't know that this particular little hellion had a spectrum disorder. He was making eye contact with various people, vocalizing well, etc. Maybe "no boundaries" parenting and an actual disorder are getting closer and closer in their manifestation.

Anyway, autism or not, the toddler nearly went over a rail headfirst. I've heard one child's skull crack open before, on the marble floors of Water Tower Place in Chicago, and I have no desire to hear it ever again. I was trying to calculate how fast, with my particular limitations, I could make it to the rail and make a grab for him if someone else couldn't get to him first.

No matter what was wrong with the child, there was no excuse for the mother's whole laissez-faire attitude and her not making the slightest attempt to manage him.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 12th, 2010, 06:23 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasted Child View Post
First of all, that kid didn't behave like that just because he never had any boundaries or reprimands, nor because he is evil and deserves to get beaten. This is clearly someone who's either suffering from ADD or some other of the numerous abbreviations within the autism-spectrum, or possibly some kind of post-traumatic stress.
Sometimes people read too much into parenting, as if kids can't turn into loose cannons as long as they're kept on a short leash. Of course, in this case bad parenting was part of the problem, but I've worked with really disastrous kids who have come from perfectly functional families.

I feel infinite sympathy for this kid. I hope he can get into some kind of day center with adequately trained professionals, get Ritalin or similar amphetamine based treatment, lots of special schooling etc etc.

And no, beating children is never good, in any way. There is always a better solution.
AND THIS IS ALL FACT CAUSE I CAN TELL EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS KID FROM WHAT LITTLE I HAVE READ
Lethal fresco
Old May 12th, 2010, 06:44 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
No matter what was wrong with the child, there was no excuse for the mother's whole laissez-faire attitude and her not making the slightest attempt to manage him.
Oh, absolutely.
And I'm also of the conviction that bad parenting is the cause for the majority of all the crap that goes on in the world, crimes etc, but to me it just sounded like this kid suffered from more than merely lack of discipline.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old May 13th, 2010, 05:19 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolinator View Post
[...] teach a child how to listen by intense physical abuse. Canes, shoes, crowbars, anvils, sledgehammers, and sharpened bamboo rods.
What the world needs now, are canings, vicious canings ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
Anyway, autism or not, the toddler nearly went over a rail headfirst. [...] No matter what was wrong with the child, there was no excuse for the mother's whole laissez-faire attitude and her not making the slightest attempt to manage him.
I brought this situation up to a friend, and they wondered if anyone called social services or the police on her ass? Because this kind of parenting (especially with the child nearly going over the rail) if not classic child abuse or child endangerment, it certainly speaks of neglect.

Unfortunately, the best place for that child may be in foster care. At least while the dipshit takes and passes a few parenting classes.
You may already be there.
Banned

TheCoolinator is probably a spambot
Old May 14th, 2010, 09:23 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
What the world needs now, are canings, vicious canings ....
Yes. Make them public as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
? Because this kind of parenting (especially with the child nearly going over the rail) if not classic child abuse or child endangerment, it certainly speaks of neglect.
I don't agree with the Foster parents / calling social services on her part but from what the initial post described it's definitely Child Endangerment and Neglect.

Best thing for the child is to allow Darwinism to take its course. Not all kids can make it to the ripe old age of 10. Some have to go. It's the way of the jungle.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 14th, 2010, 12:00 PM       
That's the first smart thing you have ever said.
Banned

Old May 14th, 2010, 03:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
That's the first smart thing you have ever said.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old May 14th, 2010, 04:48 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolinator View Post
I don't agree with the Foster parents / calling social services on her part but from what the initial post described it's definitely Child Endangerment and Neglect.
The problem with ^^^ this is that as a foster parent myself this behavior could be viewed by law enforcment officials as a mandated reportable situation. As a mandated reporter by law it is my responsibility to report suspected abusive or child neglect situations. If I don't report it, and something happens to the child, I could be held liable for not reporting it earlier. It part of the responsibility you take on when you become a foster parent. And it happens more often than you might think.

The Darwin comment was very witty, by the way, but pardon me if I don't particularly care for this brand of humor. It's not you, it's me.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old May 14th, 2010, 10:10 PM       
It is his Guernica of posts.

Personally I too have always found it a bit hypocritical that we encourage teaching Darwinism in schools, but then in the real world we refuse to practice it. We have all sorts of laws that protect not just stupid kids, but stupid adults as well. Which leads to watering the human gene pool with more stupidity.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old May 14th, 2010, 10:34 PM       
What you are as a child isn't what you grow into being. 'Darwinism' isn't applicable to humans as we have the ability to grow and change so much. Humans have different opportunities in life than other animals, and can learn from our mistakes.

And on the subject of hitting children; there is no need to actually hurt them. A slap across the thighs can let a child know they've done something wrong without actually hurting them, whereas taking them aside and explaining that jumping on the counter and throwing paper around is a bad thing to do isn't really going to make much sense to someone that young.

In my opinion.
Lethal fresco
Old May 15th, 2010, 05:37 AM       
I can never tell if people are being ironic in here or not. Pentegarn, you think it's hypocritical that we teach Darwinism in school, but not apply it to our society? This is dumb on so many levels.
When schools teach darwinism it's to describe evolution - there's no subjectivity, no saying whether it's right or wrong. Schools teach about the inquisition too, without endorsing torture and witch hunting.

Also, the whole "let darwinism take its course" argument is just rotten to the core. It implies that we would have a better society if the weaker individuals vanished. I think the biggest reason our world stinks is political and economical malpractice, greed, aggressions etc etc, and in a purely survival-of-the-fittest society such things would thrive and not go away.

And regarding the child in question...you who advocate beating or potentially letting him die (allowing Darwinism to take its course, sigh) is this a typical i-mockery jargon, or do you actually not feel sorry for him? Don't you wish for him proper care and a good home? His problems are probably mainly the result of many horrible experiences during his short life, it's not like those factors will be recorded somehow in his genes.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old May 15th, 2010, 06:54 AM       
If you are addressing me, then no, I don't want to "beat" him or let him die, and I do feel sorry for him.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 15th, 2010, 12:48 PM       
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old May 15th, 2010, 01:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasted Child View Post
I can never tell if people are being ironic in here or not.
You idiot.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old May 15th, 2010, 02:08 PM       
That's not the actual definition of ironic, but ignoring that I was convinced that Blasted Child was being magnificently sarcastic with his first post in this thread
after enough bourbon ...
Old May 15th, 2010, 09:27 PM       
@Tad
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old May 15th, 2010, 11:25 PM       
I still think that the child was an unfortunate recipient of a profoundly shitty parent.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old May 16th, 2010, 04:42 AM       
DARWIN SHOULD KILL THEM BOTH

THEIR SOULS ARE HIS
Banned

Old May 17th, 2010, 09:01 AM       
Bad Children should be forced to fight in Thunderdome. The only difference is that they will use Fisher-Price chainsaws instead of real ones.

hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old May 17th, 2010, 02:48 PM       
BAD CHILDREN SHOULD BE FED FLUORIDE TO KILL THEM
Lethal fresco
Old May 19th, 2010, 07:00 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
You idiot.
Huh? Well sorry for trying to write something sensible, instead of just spewing out ironic uppercase oneliners.