Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jun 15th, 2008, 10:23 PM        Classical
My recent interest in prog rock coupled with the fact that most prog bands list classical composers as influences has made me realize that there is a wealth of classical music out there somewhere that isn't mind numbingly boring.

I'm looking for sprawling, intense, I guess maybe foreboding, nervous, paranoid, and (as much as I hate this word) epic classical music. Not all these attributes must be present, but the more the better.

And since I no next to nothing about classical music, I figure what better way to get a straight response than here at I-Mockery where I'm respected (emoticon: picklehat). I know a few people here know their shit about classical music (like Krythor whenever he shows up). Where can I find what I'm looking for?

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 11:04 AM       
Not that I'm a huge classical buff or anything but I do find Schubert to be decent.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 09:13 PM       
Try Yngwie Malmsteen. He does Classical Metal guitars, something to ease into classical. Or try Pachelbel for regular classical.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 09:20 PM       
http://www.howardwho.com/oswald-7th.mp3
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 09:36 PM       
Also the obvious ones like Mozart's Requiem and Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata (particularly the first and third movements) are worth checking out if you've not already heard them (in the case of the latter you've almost certainly heard the first movement before).
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 17th, 2008, 03:46 AM       
Mozart's Violin Concerto no. 3, 3rd movement!
Boccherini's La Musica Notturna Delle Strade Di Madrid No. 6, Op. 30!
lots of Brahms!
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Jun 17th, 2008, 05:44 AM       
Rapid-shared a few bits of Schubert: http://rapidshare.com/files/12297548...D.935.rar.html
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 21st, 2008, 06:37 AM       
I'm not scared to say the obvious obvious ones, like the 1812 Overture by Tchaikovsky, or Ride of the Valkyries by Wagner.

I'm also not scared of being corrected about which movements I am talking about, or that this music is not BY, but FROM these composers. Or something like that.