Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #301  
Dimnos Dimnos is offline
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Baseball Town, TX
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 06:21 PM       
You cant come to terms with the fact you havnt done any of that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
Exactly. Life's too short to not be ejaculating as often as possible
Reply With Quote
  #302  
The Leader The Leader is offline
Is a RoboCop.
The Leader's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: How do you like these apples, Chojin?
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 06:28 PM       
He keeps insisting that we are all raging over this so I wonder if he is actually all huffy and puffy and assumes that we are as emotionally fragile as he is.
__________________
JUST DANCE!
Reply With Quote
  #303  
Colonel Flagg Colonel Flagg is offline
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 07:08 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
Double

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
He keeps insisting that we are all raging over this so I wonder if he is actually all huffy and puffy and assumes that we are as emotionally fragile as he is.
Unfortunately, I believe this is true.

But damn it all, I have no links or blogs to quote to prove it.
__________________
The future is fun,
The future is fair.
You may already have won!
You may already be there.
Reply With Quote
  #304  
TheCoolinator TheCoolinator is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mean Streets of New York
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 08:54 PM       
Quote:
As usual, the most dangerous parts of ObamaCare aren't receiving the scrutiny they deserve—and one of the least examined is a new commission to tell Congress how to control health spending. Democrats are quietly attempting to impose a "global budget" on Medicare, with radical implications for U.S. medicine.

Like most of Europe, the various health bills stipulate that Congress will arbitrarily decide how much to spend on health care for seniors every year—and then invest an unelected board with extraordinary powers to dictate what is covered and how it will be paid for. White House budget director Peter Orszag calls this Medicare commission "critical to our fiscal future" and "one of the most potent reforms."
.......

Worse, it makes little room for medical innovations. The commission is mandated to go after "sources of excess cost growth," meaning treatments that are too expensive or whose coverage will boost spending. If researchers find a pricey treatment for Alzheimer's in 2020, that might be banned because it would add new costs and bust the global budget. Or it might decide that "Maybe you're better off not having the surgery, but taking the painkiller," as President Obama put it in June.
.......

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...025055040.html

ehhhh....^ This isn't difficult to comprehend.

Is it wrong? Is it false? Is it Make-believe?

Please...explain to me in an intelligent way why this isn't true...THANX - K - BUHBYE
Reply With Quote
  #305  
The Leader The Leader is offline
Is a RoboCop.
The Leader's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: How do you like these apples, Chojin?
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 08:59 PM       
A little bit of truth with a little bit of taking comments out of context and then applying them to everything etc. It's just too difficult for you to interpret information is all. ;/
__________________
JUST DANCE!
Reply With Quote
  #306  
TheCoolinator TheCoolinator is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mean Streets of New York
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 09:06 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
A little bit of truth with a little bit of taking comments out of context and then applying them to everything etc. It's just too difficult for you to interpret information is all. ;/
I can't get enough of your mental gymnastics. Please show me more.
Reply With Quote
  #307  
The Leader The Leader is offline
Is a RoboCop.
The Leader's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: How do you like these apples, Chojin?
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 09:10 PM       
How many phrases do you have? Can't you come up with something original or are you going to keep using the same tired stuff?
__________________
JUST DANCE!
Reply With Quote
  #308  
TheCoolinator TheCoolinator is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mean Streets of New York
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 09:19 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
How many phrases do you have? Can't you come up with something original or are you going to keep using the same tired stuff?
Come on,

Tell me that the rationing panel doesn't exist. Please...tell me how they won't be rationing care and subsequently killing people but instead handing out muffins....come on ....please! Gimme something to laugh at
Reply With Quote
  #309  
The Leader The Leader is offline
Is a RoboCop.
The Leader's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: How do you like these apples, Chojin?
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 09:22 PM       
You weren't talking about a rationing panel, you were talking about a death panel who, in your lack of logic and knowledge, you accuse of carrying out a genocide. Plus you're the one who makes others laugh, I just help to provoke your work.
__________________
JUST DANCE!
Reply With Quote
  #310  
Colonel Flagg Colonel Flagg is offline
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 09:24 PM       
I am going straight to hell for this:

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/08/pal...-death-panels/

Read it Coolinator. Then tell me how this is biased toward the left. It is probably the most balanced treatment of this particular controversy to date. And not only does it provide dirct quotations from the parties involved (Obama, Palin to name two) but it also critiques the spin from BOTH sides of the aisle.

Say what you want about the Annenberg Foundation, this treatment is a lot more balanced and reasonable than any neo-conservative blog you care to quote.

There. I've done what you asked. Now "tear me to shreds". I promise to enjoy it.
__________________
The future is fun,
The future is fair.
You may already have won!
You may already be there.
Reply With Quote
  #311  
TheCoolinator TheCoolinator is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mean Streets of New York
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 09:28 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
You weren't talking about a rationing panel, you were talking about a death panel.
When you ration care what does that do to the person who you are rationing? And what group or population of people will be affected by this rationing panel?




Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
Fart.
Na,

Not even going there. The article doesn't even bring up Peter Orzsag or the Rationing committee.
Reply With Quote
  #312  
The Leader The Leader is offline
Is a RoboCop.
The Leader's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: How do you like these apples, Chojin?
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 09:30 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolinator View Post
When you ration care what does that do to the person who you are rationing? And what group or population of people will be affected by this rationing panel?
What, you don't know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolinator View Post
Na,

Not even going there. The article doesn't even bring up Peter Orzsag or the Rationing committee.
Of course not. You don't want to be shown that you're wrong.
__________________
JUST DANCE!
Reply With Quote
  #313  
TheCoolinator TheCoolinator is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mean Streets of New York
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 09:32 PM       
Quote:
This year, it is targeting such frivolous luxuries as knee replacements, spinal cord stimulation, a specialized autism therapy and MRIs of the abdomen, pelvis or breasts for cancer.
Here,

Let's make it simple.

What will happen to the people who don't get MRI's to check for cancer?
Reply With Quote
  #314  
The Leader The Leader is offline
Is a RoboCop.
The Leader's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: How do you like these apples, Chojin?
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 09:34 PM       
But I just read an article on your blog that claimed that stuff like MRI's actually hurt patients.
__________________
JUST DANCE!
Reply With Quote
  #315  
TheCoolinator TheCoolinator is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mean Streets of New York
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 09:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
But I just read an article on your blog that claimed that stuff like MRI's actually hurt patients.
Ummm...

Question:

What will happen to those patients who don't get preventative care?
Reply With Quote
  #316  
The Leader The Leader is offline
Is a RoboCop.
The Leader's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: How do you like these apples, Chojin?
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 09:40 PM       
But your blog says that those kinds of treatments are bad for people!
__________________
JUST DANCE!
Reply With Quote
  #317  
TheCoolinator TheCoolinator is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mean Streets of New York
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 09:42 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
But your blog says that those kinds of treatments are bad for people!
Dodging the question.

Check

and

mate?
Reply With Quote
  #318  
The Leader The Leader is offline
Is a RoboCop.
The Leader's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: How do you like these apples, Chojin?
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 09:44 PM       
Nope, I'm just pointing out that you are contradicting yourself. Here's a link to your blog. Link
If you're going to discuss things then you should probably know where you stand.
__________________
JUST DANCE!
Reply With Quote
  #319  
The Leader The Leader is offline
Is a RoboCop.
The Leader's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: How do you like these apples, Chojin?
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 09:45 PM       
And here's the answer: According to your blog patients who don't get preventative care are better off than those that do.
__________________
JUST DANCE!
Reply With Quote
  #320  
TheCoolinator TheCoolinator is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mean Streets of New York
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 09:48 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
Nope, I'm just pointing out that you are contradicting yourself. Here's a link to your blog. Link
If you're going to discuss things then you should probably know where you stand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
And here's the answer: According to your blog patients who don't get preventative care are better off than those that do.
I didn't know you were such a fan of my blog. Thank you. You should subscribe.

But back to the point.

Question:

When you ration peoples preventative care.......what happens to the people?

Your answer please ......3 seconds.....
Reply With Quote
  #321  
The Leader The Leader is offline
Is a RoboCop.
The Leader's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: How do you like these apples, Chojin?
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 09:49 PM       
More people get care than if you would have just given all resources to the first people who show up.
__________________
JUST DANCE!
Reply With Quote
  #322  
kahljorn kahljorn is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NO
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 09:51 PM       
Quote:
What will happen to those patients who don't get preventative care?
isn't this sort of irrelevant to the entire discussion of if universal health care will ruin the world?

Maybe you shoudl start another thread about preventative health care, because it has nothing to do with universal health care, really.

Quote:
When you ration care what does that do to the person who you are rationing? And what group or population of people will be affected by this rationing panel?
Also irrelevant. Your entire argument is irrelevant. Basically, your qualm isn't even with universal health care but with health care in general, and even further the world ;/
You can apply this to the government too. STUFF ABoUt RATioniNg CARE GOVERNMENt. IT WILL AFFECT POPULACeS. SO LIKE MAYBE WE SHOULD DO AWAY WITH GOVERNMENTS ALL togetHER? your argument doesn't even boil down to doing away with it, your argument has no conclusion or proposed solution, really.

your arguments and concerns are hopelessly tragic, because for the most part your problem isn't with any specific system compared to another system, but the fact that they aren't perfect. Even if preventative medicine was used, there would still be some people who are getting hurt. Just like theleader is saying now, MRIs can actually hurt people. thus, your argument is even against preventative medicine and pretty much anything that doesn't have a perfect result.

Furthermore you have no concept of a "State of nature" which we are struggling against. I guess you are an optimist because ultimately you are presenting an anarchist/stuff argument which states that WITHOUT ANY SYSTEMS RATIONINg cARE HUMANITY WOULD BE PERFECT.

either that or you are just some douchebag who wants to GET US THINKING ABOUT THE ISSUES
__________________
NEVER
Reply With Quote
  #323  
TheCoolinator TheCoolinator is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mean Streets of New York
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 09:59 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
More people get care than if you would have just given all resources to the first people who show up.
Say again?

I think you're wires are getting crossed.
Reply With Quote
  #324  
The Leader The Leader is offline
Is a RoboCop.
The Leader's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: How do you like these apples, Chojin?
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 10:00 PM       
No, you're just getting confused by reality.
__________________
JUST DANCE!
Reply With Quote
  #325  
kahljorn kahljorn is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NO
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 10:01 PM       
he's saying if you don't ration out care than not everybody gets treated, because they end up treating people who didn't need it instead.
__________________
NEVER
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

   


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:04 PM.


© 2008 I-Mockery.com
Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.