Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Aug 26th, 2008, 06:10 PM       
The Prestige - This film had the potential to be really good but never quite got there. The stuff about the magic machine that cloned things was pretty stupid and in my opinion undermined the whole point of the film; that magic isn't real or easy.
Christian Bale's accent also annoyed me immensely. I'm pretty sure the only research he did for the part was to watch all the episodes of Fraser which featured Daphne's English brothers.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Aug 26th, 2008, 06:26 PM       
I think he's Welsh, so it shouldn't have been as difficult for him to imitate that kind of accent than it would be for an American or Canadian. That being said, I thought it was pretty damn good. It did kind of go a bit fantastical near the end, but the whole Tesla thing kind of set you up for something like that.

That was very funny. Well done.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 26th, 2008, 06:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeOfAllTrades View Post
I watched 300 for the first time ever. I am the only person I know who hasn't seen it until now. And I have to say when you put the catch phrases in context it's not as awesome as in the trailers. The whole "wall of corpses" idea is pretty nifty when it comes to ancient world military tactics, but what of the sanitation? And Gerard Butler played The Phantom of the Opera in a sissy movie musical before he got his big break with this, so it was hard for me to take him seriously.

I found the whole "war solves all problems" angle a bit jingoistic, but I liked the whole bardic tale of valour mode of telling the story, since I'm a fantasy/mythology fan.

I still haven't seen it. Don't have time.
MELTING WATCHES, GALA!
DALI-II is probably a spambot
Old Aug 28th, 2008, 07:48 AM       
I recently had the time to rewatch The Truman Show on DVD.

It's perhaps Carrey's best role, after Ace Ventura.

PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS TEXT. PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS TEXT.PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS TEXT.PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS TEXT.WATCH BRANDY AND MR.WHISKERS! PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS TEXT.PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS TEXT.PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS TEXT.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 28th, 2008, 04:35 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by DALI-II View Post
I recently had the time to rewatch The Truman Show on DVD.

It's perhaps Carrey's best role, after Ace Ventura.

I almost agree.

Fire Marshall Bill from In Loving Color was above Ace Ventura(and I really love Ace Ventura char)
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Aug 28th, 2008, 06:01 PM       
Letter's from Iwo Jima.

Easily one of the best war movies ever.
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 05:37 PM       
Bastard Out of Carolina - It wasn't really that moving, but it was a good watch. :o
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 1st, 2008, 01:18 AM       
The Program
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Sep 1st, 2008, 08:31 PM       
Letters From Iwo Jima - I was/am completely blown away by this film. Such an unrelentingly bleak look at the war in the pacific. No glamour, glory or sugar coating.

Redbelt - Had the possibility to be great but it seems like it needed to be an hour longer. Too many plot points seemed rushed which led to an unsatisfying and somewhat confusing ending.

Stranger than fiction - Pretty good film overall. Nice to see Will Ferrel playing a character which isn't completely stupid. No sports either.

Fool's Gold - Not awful but not great either. The problem I have with films like this and National Treasure is that everything works out way too easily and quickly. If you think about an Indiana Jones film the process of solving a mystery is truly epic. In Fools Gold everything just falls into place with no effort whatsoever. There is also a sub-plot about a spoilt, rich Paris Hilton type who find a new appreciation for her father and the pursuit of knowledge but it's completely lost in the shuffle. This is a shame because I'm tempted to say that would've been a film I'd rather have watched.

The Flock - When I watched this I sort of enjoyed it, but the more I think about it the more things annoy me. It's like the message it's trying to convey is "There aren't enough people making sure your kids are safe so you might as well accept that ten thousand paedophiles are going to rape them". It's all a bit alarmist and over the top.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Sep 1st, 2008, 11:12 PM       
I watched The Ladies Man on Comedy Central. Easily Tim Meadows' best leading role.
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 12:16 PM       
Hellboy 2 - First I should say I've never read a Hellboy comic in my life and didn't particularly enjoy the first film. With that in mind it shouldn't come as a huge shock that I didn't really like the sequel either. Though it was quite visually brilliant it seemed to lack important things such as a good storyline and likable characters. Everything was just a bit "meh".

The promotion - Speaking of "meh-ness" The Promotion has it in droves. As much as I like the comic stylings of John C. Reiley this film wasn't funny enough or thoughful enough to be enjoyable. The film almost feels like a failed attempt by Hollywood to cash-in on the recent success of quirky indie films like Juno.
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 07:46 PM       
Kenny - Great little film. It's a funny feel-good type mockumentary following the life of a portable toilet operator called Kenny. Watch it if you get the chance.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 4th, 2008, 12:51 AM       
I watched cannibal holocaust which is actually pretty awesome despite all the turtle dismantling :O this movie was seriously great even if it was really fucked up
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Sep 4th, 2008, 08:36 AM       
Planet Terror - I didn't like Deathproof much but this was great. Certainly one of the better zombie films I've seen.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 4th, 2008, 10:10 AM       
I thought that death proof was awesome except for the first 30 minutes or so
SKATASTIC
Old Sep 4th, 2008, 08:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by pac-man View Post
I watched The Ladies Man on Comedy Central. Easily Tim Meadows' best leading role.

His only leading role?
Take a Bow
Madonna is probably a spambot
Old Sep 4th, 2008, 08:45 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post

Redbelt - Had the possibility to be great but it seems like it needed to be an hour longer. Too many plot points seemed rushed which led to an unsatisfying and somewhat confusing ending.
To me, the whole process of being a brush stroke in someone else's painting is a little difficult.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Sep 4th, 2008, 08:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
His only leading role?
Yes, very much so.
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Sep 6th, 2008, 06:27 AM       
Rambo (4) - First time I watched this it was a fairly rubbish rip, this time I had the blu-ray and the difference is crazy. The blu-ray version looks and sounds fantastic which really adds to the whole experience. Great film - really enjoyed it.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 6th, 2008, 12:34 PM       
One Missed Call - Total shit
SKATASTIC
Old Sep 6th, 2008, 12:34 PM       
Finished watching Superman Returns last night. I liked it, not sure why no one else did. Didn't have a lot of action sequences but was a good movie anyway.
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Sep 6th, 2008, 04:21 PM       
Zombie's Halloween.

Based on Rog's review I was waiting it to be a lot worse than it was. Sure, it's not nearly as good as the original, but it was ok.

I mostly agree with Rog's opinions, but I have to disagree with few of them. For example giving a crappy childhood as a reason for Michael to go nuts wasn't a bad idea. I've always preferred to get answers to big questions and usually get annoyed if the film doesn't give them nor any clues/hints. Don't get me wrong, having a few unsolved questions is always great IF they fit into the plot, but since this is a slasher film we're talking about I really don't see much room for them, especially if they are supernatural(For example Michael's immortality, the reason that he's just "pure evil" is rather weak. Atleast let me know why he is pure evil, I don't care whether he was born that way or he ate an expired twinkie but I want answers god damnit!). But then again, I'm not horror buff like Rog so I might as well shut up.
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Sep 6th, 2008, 07:54 PM       
I haven't seen it yet but my problem with this bad childhood scenario is that I liked how he had a pretty big suburban house in the original movie and if anything looked like a spoiled kid. Also, I'm pretty sure the point of Danny was to make a point that Michael Myers was once as normal as he was.
seesawbooy is probably a spambot
Old Sep 7th, 2008, 10:14 PM       
Taxi Driver & Disturbing Behavior (odd combination i know)
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Sep 9th, 2008, 11:06 AM       
Iron Man - Good film. I don't know if it's just that I prefer origin stories or if other super hero films are crap but it's only really this and Batman Begins that I enjoy.

Outpost - Second viewing of this. Still a great film, can't wait to pick up the blu-ray.