Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Apr 30th, 2009, 12:39 PM        Batman: Arkham Asylum
http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14273...at_042909.html

Trailer showing off some of the combat in the soon to be relased game. looks like a fun game and something for us nerds to drool over as we play as batman fighting all his classic villians

why this wasn't relased alongside the dark knight movie is beyond my business understanding.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old May 1st, 2009, 01:59 AM       
I'm really glad they got the VAs from the cartoon.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old May 1st, 2009, 11:50 AM       

rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 24th, 2009, 12:08 AM       
midnight release tomorrow! at 11 pm gamestop is having a costume contest. gonna be lolz
Fun haver
Max Radical is probably a spambot
Old Aug 24th, 2009, 11:55 AM       
I tried the demo and I hope I'm just missing something. It really is the first Batman game that isn't juts bat-sprites pasted over a Bat-pisspoor-beatemup, so I really should feel more - but it's just "grapple, grapple, kill." And it really is the worst example of screaming "Another twenty people just died because of you, Bathole, and this is only the demo! SHOOT HIM!"

Still, the silent kills are awesome enough I'll probably pick it up and playthrough during the inevitable Steam sale (I have a magic ability to trigger Steam sales just after buying games, so this time I'm going to wait.)
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Aug 24th, 2009, 02:13 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Radical View Post
I tried the demo and I hope I'm just missing something. It really is the first Batman game that isn't juts bat-sprites pasted over a Bat-pisspoor-beatemup, so I really should feel more - but it's just "grapple, grapple, kill." And it really is the worst example of screaming "Another twenty people just died because of you, Bathole, and this is only the demo! SHOOT HIM!"

Still, the silent kills are awesome enough I'll probably pick it up and playthrough during the inevitable Steam sale (I have a magic ability to trigger Steam sales just after buying games, so this time I'm going to wait.)
It gets a little better once you get more gadgets. But it's not a great game so much as it is a great Batman simulator. It's not that hard, but it's cool to do all kinds of shit to fuck with people.

I think if you focus more on how awesome it is to be Batman and less on how good or bad the game is, you'll probably enjoy it more.

pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Aug 24th, 2009, 06:54 PM       
It already came out for the console. Too bad I'm holding out for the superior pc version to ship next month.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Aug 24th, 2009, 07:21 PM       
Hey, I didn't know they were using Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamil for the voices. I'll almost definitely be buying this now :O

That was very funny. Well done.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Aug 24th, 2009, 08:37 PM       
:o
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 26th, 2009, 09:44 PM       
this game has amazing presentation, story, graphics, etc. etc. etc. just the gameplay is super duper streamlined (which is kinda okay) but can be limiting at times. but PG said it best: it's just fucking awesome to be batman

the challenge maps are hella fun though
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 08:27 AM       
ok so you guys mentioned that k. conroy and m. hamill were doing voices, but you forgot to mention that PAUL DINI WROTE THE STORY. holy shit that is exciting
rockfuckcunt
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 09:35 PM       
BEAT. now getting all the riddler trophies / challenges. some of this shit is hella clever

edit: 199/240 i think this is the funnest part of the game

Last edited by bigtimecow : Aug 28th, 2009 at 11:49 AM. Reason: UPDATE
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 07:12 AM       
I dropped $98 on the wal-mart exclusive collector's edition. I WANTED THAT BATARANG!

I have yet to play it, though.

That was very funny. Well done.
Esq.
stevetothepast is probably a spambot
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 10:55 AM       
the walmart half price deal probably made this the best selling game in a while.
rockfuckcunt
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 05:59 PM       
BALLA. 88% complete with all story, all riddles, all upgrades, yadda yadda done. now i just have to beat every challenge map. getting 3 bats on the combat maps is going to suuuuuuck
Durrsomething is probably a spambot
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 09:31 PM       
Great game until

SPOILERS

What I think is the final boss.

They stole from The Batman. THEY STOLE FROM THAT UNHOLY CRAPFEST THE BATMAN WITH THE BEFFY JOKER SHIT.

WHY?!?!

It would have been more awesome if it was a fight ala Batman 1989 or Mask of Phantasm with Bats and Joker going at each other mono e mono
has a woody
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 09:41 PM       
Spoilers!

And yes, the last fight is lame. But the bosses didn't really impress as much as the stealth anyways.

rockfuckcunt
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 10:20 PM       
PG are you proud of me i beat a game in a week huh huh huh are you
has a woody
Old Aug 30th, 2009, 12:00 AM       
MAYBE IF YOU FINISHED THAT OTHER GAME YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO FINISH. IN MAY.

WE'RE GOING ON 4 MONTHS NOW THAT'S A NEW RECORD.

rockfuckcunt
Old Aug 30th, 2009, 08:32 PM       
WHAT GAME IS THIS I FORGET :X

and fuck the medals on the predator extreme challenge maps. uguguhghghgug
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 03:46 PM       
man those predator challenges were fun as shit to figure out even if they got a little frustrating in spots replaying it on hard mode since i got basically everything but the combat badges on medium
OH GOD
Old Sep 1st, 2009, 10:21 PM       
ANOTHER MINOR GRIPE: PEOPLE STOP USING CREE SUMMER FOR *ANY* VOICEWORK

for fucks sake i can't play a game without hearing tandi from fallout in it these days and it really kills the immersion for me
Banned
Microshock is probably a spambot
Old Sep 1st, 2009, 11:17 PM       
How are the Joker challenge maps?
OH GOD
Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 12:13 AM       
subtle
has a woody
Old Sep 8th, 2009, 10:16 PM       
Found this on Destructoid:

Quote:
Good anti-piracy measures are hard to find. At best, it can be an inconvenience for legit purchasers of games while other methods like SecuROM are almost universally loathed by gamers. It seems that to protect their latest title, Batman: Arkham Asylum, developer Rocksteady is taking a decidedly different approach.

Over at the Eidos forums, a poster showed up with an innocent query about why Batman's cape refused to open, allowing the Dark Knight to glide over a room filled with poison gas despite pressing the assigned key. Outed as having downloaded a leaked copy of the game by another user -- Arkham Asylum has yet to release on PC and no portion of the demo features a gas-filled room -- the forum admin hopped into the thread to mention that this is not actually a bug but a feature to prevent piracy:
The problem you have encountered is a hook in the copy protection, to catch out people who try and download cracked versions of the game for free.
It's not a bug in the game's code, it's a bug in your moral code.
Brilliant move, Rocksteady. It's nice to see that you are willing to go to a little effort in protecting your software instead of relying on annoying and sometimes gamebreaking methods. Kudos.