Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Article Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I ARE ROBOT
MockBot has disabled reputation
Old Sep 1st, 2009, 03:51 AM        Weekly Comic Review: Silent Hill: Dying Inside
Automatically generated comment thread for Weekly Comic Review: Silent Hill: Dying Inside.
Julio is probably a spambot
Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 11:10 PM       
I have only played Silent Hill 2 and didn't even finish it, but I assume that getting to represent the horrors of a game that heavily relies on atmosferic tension and sudden scares on a comic book is not an easy thing.

Dr. Boogie, my Xbox 360 just went nuts two days ago with an error with the graphics processor, but I have intentions of applying the warranty services to deal with it. Once I get it repaired I'm thinking about getting Silent Hill Homecoming, but I'd like to know if it's worth it (I'm have not played many horror games).
Forum Virgin
Albino Bat is probably a spambot
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 12:47 AM       
I own the Silent Hill Omnibus, which is a collection of all the little comics they've done in the series so far. I think on it's own dying inside is okay, but gives a good introduction if you were to read the rest of the stories.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 03:45 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio View Post
Dr. Boogie, my Xbox 360 just went nuts two days ago with an error with the graphics processor, but I have intentions of applying the warranty services to deal with it. Once I get it repaired I'm thinking about getting Silent Hill Homecoming, but I'd like to know if it's worth it (I'm have not played many horror games).
I haven't played it myself, but I've heard nothing but bad things about it. Mostly that the new development team failed to replicate the same scariness as the earlier games, swapping scares out with straight blood and gore, and filling in the gaps with notable monsters that really have no place in the game.

I lost interest in the series after The Room. I'm told by people who've played all the games that Silent Hill 2 is probably the best in the series.

pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 07:42 AM       
This doesn't sound like a good read at all.