Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Apr 8th, 2007, 04:40 PM        Hot Fuzz
Any of the UK mockers gotten to see this yet?

The last half an hour was fucking amazing!
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Apr 8th, 2007, 05:06 PM       
saw it a while back, good stuff

the CCTV photos of the human statue were great

Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Apr 22nd, 2007, 09:40 PM       
ok After having seen it on a big screen I'll say it proudly, this movie is one of the greatest to be released this year and possibly this decade.

Seriously guys, GO TO THIS NOW.
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 09:19 AM       
It is funny, and there are a few absolutely hysterical moments, but overall Its not as an entertaining premise for a movie as shaun of the dead.

I had one of those moments watching this in the cinema that seem to happen to me and my wife a lot, where some amazingly unpleasant piece of gore will happen on screen, everybody laughs (I think at the time), then I swiftly realise it is in fact only me and the missus laughing.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 10:31 AM       
Fucking backwater local theatre isn't showing this. Ah well, at least Grindhouse made it.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old May 22nd, 2007, 12:04 PM       
Finally fuckin' arrived.

Michael Bay, eat shit.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old May 22nd, 2007, 12:44 PM       
Hilarious movie...my favorite part was the last time you see the Human Statue.
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old May 22nd, 2007, 12:52 PM       
I saw this a few weeks ago, just forgot to post about it. Fantastic fucking movie, I must say. It was hilarious, but much like Shaun of the Dead, it still kept much of the intensity and over the top action of the genre it was parodying. I appreciate that in a movie. Too often a movie parody feels like it needs to talk down to the audience. These guys, though, know how to do a good parody. They don't skimp on the humor, but they utilize what makes the parodied genre great, and sometimes even excell beyond the very movies they're lovingly poking fun at.

All in all, I thought it was a fun movie, but not quite up to par with Shaun. Shaun was great because the only really prevalent horror movie parody out there was the Scary Movie series, but Shaun actually had some intense moments. As I said, they take what makes the genre great, and they actually USE it instead of just finding ways to make it seem stupid.