Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 24th, 2009, 12:50 AM       
Yeah, mine had to be sent in because my bros kicked it one too many times and this current one is overheating so often that it becomes unusable. It sounds like an airplane hangar and shuts off after an hour or so.

In short; I'm glad I didn't buy it and spent my money on the just-as-fun Playstation 3.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Aug 24th, 2009, 04:29 AM       
I just ordered a laptop that'll be powerful enough to run new games, but I'll probably just use it for Starcraft 2.

That was very funny. Well done.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Aug 24th, 2009, 02:50 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
I vote we all just switch to PC gaming and be done with it.

2nd this! God why did I ever stray from my PC?
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 24th, 2009, 03:43 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
2nd this! God why did I ever stray from my PC?
For me, it was because a lot of companies started putting less effort into their PC ports, particularly Ubisoft. That, and the increased number of games with DRM crap really turned me off of a lot of PC games.

Old Aug 24th, 2009, 04:43 PM       
Oh yeah, DRM... That was why.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Aug 24th, 2009, 05:27 PM       
DRM is going away again now. Haven't had a game with Secure-Rom or anything in ages, possibly years. Plus Steam has almost everything these days anyway.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Aug 24th, 2009, 07:12 PM       
I hate computer gaming because shit gets outdated so quickly. I prefer being able to just buy a game and putting it into my console.

That was very funny. Well done.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 24th, 2009, 10:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
DRM is going away again now. Haven't had a game with Secure-Rom or anything in ages, possibly years. Plus Steam has almost everything these days anyway.
Don't get me started on Steam. Having to verify shit online whenever you play a single player game didn't seem like that big a hassle until I came across the other issue: forced patching.

The latest patch for Lost Planet introduced an unavoidable game-stopping bug, and since I can't not have it updated, I just had to uninstall it and put it away for good.

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 24th, 2009, 11:12 PM       
can't you just run steam in offline mode, or do they not let you do that anymore
Funky Dynamite
Old Aug 24th, 2009, 11:31 PM       
I don't know. I struggled with the game for the better part of an afternoon before finally giving up and taking comfort in the fact that I still had a copy of the game that didn't require Steam at all.

Banned
Microshock is probably a spambot
Old Aug 25th, 2009, 02:20 AM       
PC is going the way of bullshit. PSN/XBLA work for the most part cause it's these smaller games that kind of dont belong in a retail box

But with actual full retail games, you want to own the damn thing, not have a license in 10 years. Steam expects you to keep the game for life, with no selling possibility, although I think Impulse is working on a solution for that

Killing Floor was a horrible purchase by the way
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 25th, 2009, 07:47 AM       
I went to play Empire: Total War after a reasonable hiatus, and I was told to come back later as the server was busy. WTF? I want to play single player you stupid thing, I don't require a server.. right? Later on it started to download a patch when the server was NOT busy, and yes, I thought then about turning off the internet etc, but it was already downloading.

Of course, it took forever because my connection was slow at the time, and after it was done I couldn't be arsed playing it anymore.

Still, PC is number one in my heart.
Old Aug 25th, 2009, 10:06 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Microshock View Post
PC is going the way of bullshit.

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 25th, 2009, 02:01 PM       
What a fucking idiot.