Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 5th, 2010, 08:30 PM        le Tour de France Deux Mille Dix (for Zhukov)
Or as some would call it, the Tour de 'roids. It began this past weekend to little fanfare, probably due to the buzz surrounding the World Cup. As one of very few American sports fans interested in the strategy and teamwork of this event, I figured I'd see if there was anyone else interested in discussing this topic.

Currently the three US-based teams are doing quite well, but it's still early. Armstrong (out of retirement and probably hopped up on EPO ) is in 5th place, and there is only one "in-race" time trial event this year (next-to-last stage), as they dropped the team event altogether.

So there's much to discuss.

I for one feel the changes take away from the team aspect of the race, although the purists may look at this as a good thing, bringing the race back to its roots in becoming more of a true road rally pitting cyclist against cyclist.

Anyone else with an opinion?
You may already be there.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Jul 8th, 2010 at 09:56 AM. Reason: never let it be said I didn't do the least I could do