Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 02:41 AM       
matter of fact, i think i'm done with online gaming in general
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 02:42 AM       
seriously, what a bunch of god-damn socially retarded jackoffs
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Feb 15th, 2006, 08:36 PM       
im tempted to give this a go, gimmie some reasons (aside from no monthly fee)

OH GOD
Old Feb 15th, 2006, 10:16 PM       
well it does run incredibly smoothly and look really good, but you can't avoid running into a few faggots
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Feb 15th, 2006, 11:14 PM       
that's why i like the international districts. odds are if some retard there is jabberin at me, at least it's in a language i can't read
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Feb 15th, 2006, 11:28 PM       
WoW lets you block all incoming trade and duel requests.
OH GOD
Old Feb 16th, 2006, 02:06 AM       
w/e
Whiter than Alabaster
Old Feb 16th, 2006, 09:16 AM       
ok, read a couple of reviews and decided to order, watch this space!

iron mitchell is probably a spambot
Old Feb 16th, 2006, 09:30 AM        re:
guild wars actually was really fun for several months. of course, it was the first mmorpg-espque game i had ever played (closest thing beforehand was diablo) so now that i've tried WoW (and about an hour of CoV at my nephew's house --- wish i had the time and money for both it and WoW) i'm not sure how great it would be. i really liked the ease of just jumping into PVP with guild wars. creating characters and trying new builds was pretty rad. i still never got terribly good at the mesmer class, though i'd say i got rather good with necromancer, warrior, and elementalist. when the expansion drops, i may check it out.
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Feb 16th, 2006, 12:29 PM       
I enjoy it for the change of pace. Hit level 20 a few days ago. I have a guild going (with guild hall) if anyone is interested.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Whiter than Alabaster
Old Feb 16th, 2006, 01:24 PM       
are all the servers linked or anything, or would it be anyway unlikely that i would see any of you in game?

Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Feb 16th, 2006, 01:30 PM       
It's all the same server so you wouldn't have trouble finding people you know that play. There are different "districts" for towns,outposts, etc.

Whiter than Alabaster
Old Feb 16th, 2006, 01:45 PM       
cool, last questions (for now), i know about the lv20 cap and pvp players start at 20, but how long does leveling up take? is there grinding or anything?

and are there any trade skills

iron mitchell is probably a spambot
Old Feb 16th, 2006, 01:48 PM        re:
no trade skills and you can level to 20 in absolutely no time compared to WoW, especially after your first run through.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Feb 16th, 2006, 04:43 PM       
yeah leveling is pretty simple. After level 20 you can still gain xp but you get 1 extra skill point at each level.

I haven't played a pure PVP character, just ran through a regular RP character. Picked up all my Droknar's Plate Mail the other day.

I just like the fact that it is fast paced. I've played many MMORPGs and this one really isn't one but I like that change of pace for now.

Whiter than Alabaster
Old Feb 20th, 2006, 11:27 AM       
ok, got the game today, looks good so far, messing about with classes (and reading the manual to get to grips with the profession system).

Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Feb 21st, 2006, 05:18 PM       
Just dont' make any class with a Warrior secondary. It's a waste, especially a NecroWarrior or MesmerWarrior.
Whiter than Alabaster
Old Feb 21st, 2006, 05:39 PM       
now you tell me :P

what secondry profession is good with a necromancer? was thinking either mesmer or elementalist

Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Feb 21st, 2006, 07:36 PM       
depends what ya wanna do. you wanna be able to backup heal? pick monk. you wanna nuke more, pick mesmer probably. i dunno tho, necro would prolly make a marginally better secondary than primary if you're concerned with making the very best char possible.

ask chojin how terrible a necro/war is - i'm pretty sure that's what he played to 20. for the most part any combo is gonna be decent. it's fairly difficult to make a worthless character in GW.

it's incredibly simple to be a worthless player tho. there's no shortage of those runnin about.
Lord Felch Demon
Old Feb 21st, 2006, 08:24 PM       
n/w SUCKED BALLS. Soloing was damn near impossible all the way up until 20. Try necro/monk. You will have no trouble finding a group for the two ascended dungeons if you have any necro elites and healing for a backup.
Whiter than Alabaster
Old Feb 21st, 2006, 08:55 PM       
yeah might go necro/monk, the smiting spells and healing look cool

was concidering necro/ranger too :P

Lord Felch Demon
Old Feb 23rd, 2006, 12:57 PM       
N/R is a combination i don't think i've ever actually seen. Might be handy, but only with minions.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Feb 23rd, 2006, 01:00 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjavenom
n/w SUCKED BALLS. Soloing was damn near impossible all the way up until 20. Try necro/monk. You will have no trouble finding a group for the two ascended dungeons if you have any necro elites and healing for a backup.
hey now, my 20 was a n/w and i turned out just fine ;< it's actually a popular and good pair, you just don't use a lot of warrior skills - you primarily just use the weapons.
Whiter than Alabaster
Old Feb 24th, 2006, 10:19 AM       
well im trying out a few things at the moment, got my lv8 necro/warrior (mainly use sever and sword attacking as far as warrior abilities go) and a lv6 elementalist/mesmer.

lunlun is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2006, 04:08 PM       
i played guild wares several times but i needed to stop it because it always made me headache..
i dont know why.. after 15 minutes i have to stop beccause it really hurts.

and i think guild wars in in many ways better then WoW
but for me WoW is more fun. and to be true i dont why either