Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 12:08 AM        Five year old, 15 lb. boy with Down's Syndrome rescued
This happened not even a half an hour from where I live. This is SICK. I hope these kids are put up for adoption.

http://news10now.com/content/all_new...62738&SecID=83

Police discover malnourished child during drug bust
Updated: 3/23/2006 10:03:46 PM
By: Ryan Dean

Police say a five-year-old Cortland boy with Down's Syndrome is recovering from malnutrition at University Hospital in Syracuse. Police say the boy was discovered while they were executing a drug raid at 6 Union Street.

Police found five ounces of marijuana, most of which they say was packaged for sale along with drug processing equipment.

Police Chief Jim Nichols says when officers went to the second floor of the apartment they found something they didn't expect.

"We came upon the five year old victim located in the apartment inside a play pen," said Nichols.

Nichols says the child with Down's Syndrome was covered with body lice, wearing a soiled diaper and was so undernourished, he weighed 15 pounds. Nichols adds he was told by medical personal that if the child didn't receive medical treatment he could die.

Along with Cockroaches and several bags of soiled diapers, police found two other children, ages 11 and 12 also showing signs of malnutrition. Police say those two children are now with the Social Services Department and receiving treatment at Cortland Regional Medical Center.

The mother of the three children, Judy Gratton, 48, along with a man that was living at the residence, Joseph Kahn, were arrested and face several charges including drug possession, endangering the welfare of a child and endangering the welfare of an incompetent or physically disabled person.

Most people who live here in Cortland were not aware of the incident.

When they were told what happened, they were shocked."
"I think it's absolutely disgusting. I have a five year old, a three year old and one on the way any day, and that's absolutely disgusting. People like that don't deserve to have kids," said Tracy Doane, who lives in Cortland.

"I just feel that those parents don't deserve to have kids and any parents that can treat their kids like that don't deserve kids," said Jackie Sartwell, another Cortland resident.

Chief Nichols says what they found inside the home was hard on his officers.

"Many of these officers have small children, have raised children and to find this small child in a crib infested with body lice, cockroaches, garbage and severely undernourished tugs at everybody's heart," said Nichols.

In addition to the five other charges, Gratton, the mother of the three children, was arraigned Friday on Assault in the First Degree.

Police say "she showed a depraved indifference of human life and caused serious physical injury to her five-year-old son."
MAMA MIA!
Terra is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 12:15 AM       
Execution. Plain and simple.