Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Banned

TheCoolinator is probably a spambot
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 09:16 AM        Toy: Why are Classic Exclusive He-Man action figures $50!?
Yesterday my friend and I happened to stop by the local Toy / Comic shop on our Sunday outing. It's a little place called Amok Time and has enough comics, toys, and statues to make any nerd giddy with glee.

So we made our rounds, walked by the statue case, checked out the new issues of comics, and then walked into the toy show room. Now on the way out after browsing the floor I stumbled upon He-Man Classic Exclusive action figures in a small case near the cash register.

Like many I'm a sucker for He-Man stuff. Especially Meka-Neck. He's my fav. So I looked into the case and saw some very well made action figures. They looked like the old figures but slightly upgraded. Body molds looked better, nice packaging, good stuff all around.

Then it happened. I saw the price.

$50!!!!!

wtf.......why? Why are these figures so much money? Is there that big of a demand for He-Man action figures in the year 2010? It's hard for me to believe that there is a huge following for an 1980's cartoon that was probably drawn by 4 people, using 3 voice actors, with a combined budget of under a 100 dollars.

any idea?

Here are some examples of what I'm talking about.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_14xzs3jcef_b
*SMILE SMILE*
Otto is probably pretty okOtto is probably pretty okOtto is probably pretty okOtto is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 09:27 AM       
More than likely these are retooled versions of the eighties toys made to appeal to collectors.
Banned

Old Apr 12th, 2010, 09:33 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto View Post
More than likely these are retooled versions of the eighties toys made to appeal to collectors.
Ya, they were slightly modified to have a better body mold. They looked really good but the price tag was ridiculous.

$10-$15 dollars ok, I would get a couple but $50 dollars a pop, no fracking way. Not a chance.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 09:39 AM       
Someone's paying it, I'm sure.
the axe and the smasher
robo_rob is probably a spambot
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 11:08 AM       
Nah, these are all new molds made to look like the classic He-Man toys. They sell out pretty quickly too. The best way to grab them cheap (as cheap as they get) is go to Toys R Us and there is a Superman and He-Man, and a Skeletor Lex Luthor two packs. Both run about 30. If you check up on matty collector, they sell them new, a new figure each month. They usually sell out pretty quick and obviously toy dealers jack up the price.

There is a dentist set on the way with Skeletor missing a tooth and his dentist MOL-AR. Kinda want that.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 12:21 PM       
Just buy the old figures. Fucking bourgeois Mattel.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 01:43 PM       
TOY FORUM.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 01:45 PM       
Fuck that, just lock this little cry baby bitch ass thread.
Banned

Old Apr 12th, 2010, 02:23 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
TOY FORUM.
Wow, I didn't see that the Gaming forum was also for toys. Good to know.

and you know what they say? KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE ! (thumbs up)
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 04:40 PM       
oh god.
Banned

Old Apr 12th, 2010, 04:44 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
oh god.
Attack of the nilbogs.