Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Charming
Dr. V is probably a spambot
Old Dec 21st, 2005, 05:36 AM        Voice Acting
I'm told I'm good and would love to attempt to do this professionally. Video games, movies, cartoons, commercials, whatever I could get my hands on. So I figure I would need an agent, maybe a demo tape. Anyone have any experience with this or know someone who has? I would really appreciate some advice if anyone can offer it.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Dec 21st, 2005, 08:21 AM       
I would suggest building up some sort of portfolio before you try getting an agent. Work on some fun projects for free, whether it's just people on the web making a silly little flash movie cartoon or whatever.
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Dec 21st, 2005, 08:28 AM       
aye, you need a demo or 'showreel' in order to get an agent - its near impossible to get paid work without an agent.

Lye is probably a spambot
Old Dec 21st, 2005, 01:15 PM       
the few that i know all started out as college radio hosts. the one guy i know wanted to be a radio personality or whatever, and the local place around the college, like the bars, clubs, or stores wanted him to do some spots, or rather a different radio station recommended him cause he wasnt professional and would do it for free. he did a few, then shared a agent with some one from the real radio station, you know how every city has a new rock alternative or whatever. he did more a more commercials, and then moved out to the west coast and does arby and hanes and other weird commercials. all the others I know are friends and people he works with who all kinda fell into it the same way. I dont know if thats the best way to get started, but it semmed to work for some people.