Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 14th, 2008, 04:45 PM       
Yeah, I think the criticals from the syringe gun are worth it, too.
Sapper Whacker
JJ_Maniac is probably a spambot
Old Sep 14th, 2008, 04:51 PM       
Alright, I'm writing this just after playing 2fort.
I think I now am certain about Herr Doktor's biggest flaw.
He can't put out his own fire. Let me clarify what I mean by this: the medic regens health at a slow rate, right? But: If He is on fire, no matter if his health regens to a hundred, he will STAY ON FIRE unless either it runs out or he jumps into water. I hate hate hate this, because when you kill a pyro and are on fire, unless you have a medic following you, you're pretty much screwed from all the damage he gave you. So, he gets an achievement either way, by killing you while he's dead, or by you jumping into the water.
Sapper Whacker
Old Sep 14th, 2008, 04:52 PM       
Also, I'm fairly certain this is, in part, why all the fucking pyros have backburners.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Sep 14th, 2008, 04:54 PM       
I like the blutsauger. Being able to top-up your health is useful and I've got a ton of kills with it despite the lack of crits.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 14th, 2008, 05:20 PM       
I used to do that when I went lone medic on my team, running up, capping stuff and such. I haven't done that in a while. It's more difficult, recently.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Sep 14th, 2008, 07:45 PM       
Pyro's flame hit detection is fucking huge, also. I've been set on fire from at least 20 feet away by a Pyro. I called bullshit on this and was instructed to cry some more.

Why Valve refuses to fix all the blatant problems with the class is beyond me. One theory is that they're keeping Pyros this retarded on purpose because they think it's funny. Why else would there be a "Force a dominated opponent off the server" achievement?
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Sep 14th, 2008, 07:56 PM       
Heh heh heh. I've done that quite a few times.

Another thing I find upsetting is that a pyro, but pretty much no other class, can just waltz up to a sentry and destroy it without so much as being scratched.

I say this after I've jumped of a game wherein I tried to build a sentry in the little house to the left of the blu base in the second stage of Goldrush and the pyro just sits around until after I'm done. Sentry's shooting at him, I've got my shotgun out, fucking blasting away, and he kills me, my sentry, and the dispenser and teleporter I was building. But whatever. I just switched over to sniper and put a slug into his head every time he spawned.

Then, as it turns out, Blu has about 1:34 left. So I switch over to scout and push the cart across the majority of the track and it crossed the point with just 14 seconds left. I didn't get the hint that me being the only guy playing offense at first, but it was driven home after they were able to push us all the way back to the spawn and hold us there until the game ended. Actually, I didn't even stick around that long, so I don't know how long they lasted. Hell, they could've come back and won. Whatever. Fuck that retarded team.
Sapper Whacker
Old Sep 14th, 2008, 09:20 PM       
Pyros shouldn't be able to shoot flames up through floors and kill sentries.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Dec 9th, 2009, 09:15 PM       
New update, guys

I've been playing a lot more as Demoman lately because I love outsmarting people and then having them get angry about it. That and people have just wised up to all of my super-sneaky Spy tricks, and on top of that backstabs only register about 70% of the time in a gross overreaction to facestabs. Which still happen, by the way.

I've come to loathe Soldiers. Either I've become conditioned to blithely accept bullshit Pyro deaths as routine, or they're just not annoying in a capacity other than the gigantic groups only a class update can provide. Plus, whenever I play medic, I think it's hilarious to use the Krtizkreig on Pyros. They become walking abominations against balanced gameplay, and can create critical sentry rockets through air-blast reflection.

Either way, I've recently realized that Soldier is positively the easiest class in the game and is basically Demoman for idiots. I take special offense at rockets because I'm a crack shot with standard grenades, and Soldiers barely even need to aim their massive-damage projectiles because they explode on contact with anything. I actually have to hit people. And when I do hit people, they usually complain about spam and switch to Scout to come and torment me.

Anyway, I was planning on ragequitting when the Soldier got his update and waiting for people to get bored of breathing through their mouths before I started playing again, but it seems like both classes are getting it at the same time. So I don't know what to do.

http://www.teamfortress.com/war/administrator/index.htm

I don't know how this is possible, I'm not even friends with the Soldiers on my team. I also like that Valve canonized the Announcer being the same person for both teams.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 9th, 2009, 09:32 PM       
Start playing as a soldier until you hate demomen?

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Dec 9th, 2009, 09:33 PM       
And compromise my honor?

My Soldier hatred stems more from Spy playing than anything, because lol go for backstab Soldier uses clairvoyance to turn around and shoot your feet 12 times so you die

Or his pocket medic just warns him every single time because he's constantly turned around watching for you. I actually had a Soldier and his Medic butt-buddy follow me to another server after I ragequit so they could harass me some more.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 9th, 2009, 10:14 PM       
OMG SHE LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE THAT FANART DOES.

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Dec 9th, 2009, 10:44 PM       
She's smoking her cigarette backwards.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 9th, 2009, 11:24 PM       
It's unfiltered and emberous.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 9th, 2009, 11:26 PM       
looks like the ones in the ashtray were smoked backwards too. weird non-smoker mistake or intentional, whaddaya think
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Dec 10th, 2009, 08:46 AM       
I bet she was just so raged/excited about the cart being near the final terminus that she couldn't be bothered to use them properly.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Dec 10th, 2009, 09:39 PM       
http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=3225

Time to abandon my pretensions of being better than everyone else and whore the shit out of stickies.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 10th, 2009, 09:42 PM       
Indeed. The demo hasn't gotten his due. Play the shit out of Payload maps and just stack 'em on the cart.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Dec 10th, 2009, 09:56 PM       
Or spawncamp!

Believe me, I'll be spawn camping a lot.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 10th, 2009, 10:54 PM       
I got five just now.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 11th, 2009, 01:00 AM       
I played for a bit tonight and I felt that there were about 5x more soldiers than demos, so the demos had a better chance to get a point since they had so many nub soldiers to choose from.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Dec 11th, 2009, 02:08 AM       
153 Soldiers, dead by this scotman's shenanigans.

My max points for Demoman also went up by about 8 tonight.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Dec 11th, 2009, 07:03 AM       
Thamx to video games I have a more sociolistic view on video games. YOY HEAR ME BARACK OF BAMA WWE WILL NOT BE PINNED
SVANDWICH
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Dec 11th, 2009, 07:17 AM       
Finally, us 360 play3ers are gewtttomg faor re[resemtatoves fpr our plight on the 360 for5um. Now that december hits we will fuck up your new up0dates to the shizznit
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 11th, 2009, 11:59 AM       
I can't be as good a demo as bad a soldier.

Therefore, I am single-handedly subverting the war.